• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do any of you Remember this site?

jason_m

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
www.9types.com

I was "Jason M." I remember many things from that site:

I remember P discovering socionics from socionics.com and concluding that it is "the same thing as the MBTI, but merely presents a J/P switch" (That was not his fault. That was how much everyone understood that theory in those days...)
I remember Cory and his exploits.
I remember being a teenager, barely posting, and then writing something that I thought sounded "Ti" or "E5" that couldn't have sounded more Eastern and was just diarrhea...
I remember the site collapsing because of a poster who the site administrator either couldn't identify or couldn't stop....

Does anyone else remember? Does anyone remember me?

Last edited:

jason_m

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I can also imagine people on other forums saying that my signature isn't very creative: i.e., "jason_m." But that goes back to the 90s and the way people signed their names when they posted - people simply used their real first name. "Jason M." therefore didn't map to the new discussion forum software, and so it became "jason_m."

Last edited:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I might have read some content there years ago but didn't participate, so i don't know anyone from there. (Sorry. :( )

Looks like some of the content predates when this forum started.

Lazinc

MBTI Type
😎
www.9types.com

I was "Jason M." I remember many things from that site:

I remember P discovering socionics from socionics.com and concluding that it is "the same thing as the MBTI, but merely presents a J/P switch" (That was not his fault. That was how much everyone understood that theory in those days...)
I remember Cory and his exploits.
I remember being a teenager, barely posting, and then writing something that I thought sounded "Ti" or "E5" that couldn't have sounded more Eastern and was just diarrhea...
I remember the site collapsing because of a poster who the site administrator either couldn't identify or couldn't stop....

Does anyone else remember? Does anyone remember me?
Do you also like to feel nostalgic? 🙂

jason_m

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Do you also like to feel nostalgic? 🙂

Yes, but not as much about time periods that I lived in. I actually enjoy nostalgia even more from time periods like the 1970s or 1980s, when I was not alive or I wasn't an adult. That has more of an imaginative or fantasy element to it that I like... Even with the 1990s, I imagine going back to high school and being who I am now - with all the skills and knowledge that I have now. I imagine what it would have been like with the "me" as of now taking high school math or playing football, and how I could have done better or impressed everybody with my skills or knowledge. Even with the9types.com forum, I imagine opening a 'time portal' and telling them about all sorts of things, including things about personality typing, just out of shear fantasy. It is not as much a desire for my childhood or old times as much as a need for nostalgia and imagination...

Last edited: