• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lumi's Type Emporium: Do You Wanna Get Typed

melody5697

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Never mind, you don't have to type me. I didn't realize there was a year-long waiting list because of how quickly you typed me in enneagram. I think I know my MBTI type now anyway (ESFJ).

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
@Luminous Can I be typed?
Yes, I'll type you when I've gotten to you on the list. :)

1 thisismyusername
2 Skimt
3 darklight
4 yeghor
5 aleks2200
6 Earl Grey
7 melody5697
8 Miss Messy
9 Charus

I promise I'm going to try to do these much faster than I had been. They may not be as complete, as I don't know most the people above very well, which makes it harder for me to type them, but I'll do my best.

Last edited:

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
New here, filled out the questionnaire:

a) Late teens, USA. No impairments. Atheist/nonspiritual but don't see how that would affect anything.
b) Not saying to avoid influencing you.

Tried answering this a few times but found it difficult to truly express what I'm going for. In short, I want to Change The World. And also scientific discovery. Again, this really doesn't get at the heart of it.

Can relate to most. Don't really care about lust but I'm asexual. I'm not really greedy or envious in terms of standard materialistic things although I can be ambitious and competitive. Unfortunately I can relate to sloth since I've been too stuck on random internet things as opposed to doing what I want to be doing.

a) Interesting people. Yes, I realize that's tautological. See 9.
b) Hopefully same as a. Don't know. I'm generally too reclusive/isolated to notice.
c) The close-minded and self-righteous.

Consistent high social energy and work ethic.

Bullshit power tripping on the part of authority pisses me off. That gets me in trouble sometimes.
I can get embarrassed but honestly it's not a big deal. Who cares?
I think I used to fear failure more. Still do to some extent, just in a more existential/irreversible way. I also have a fear of being controlled.
Sometimes I feel I'm searching for a passion in life. There are things that highly interest me and are fun but I don't have a strong emotion for.
It depends. Some people are very annoying to deal with in conflict.

So personal. I'm rather too private to truthfully reveal something like this.

No plan to attend college. Will try and set my own path by starting some of my business ideas.

Do they do interesting (unconventional) things or have interesting ideas/perspectives/values/goals?

Humanity is what it is. It's interesting to examine the structures behind human relations and the reasons for them. The concept of "the human experience" and whatnot is highly confused and overrated.

Math, CS, the sciences, philosophy, analysis of things in general. Most of my free time is spent reading about these topics.

(the number 12 was skipped. is this a test of detail orientation lol. that would be sorta clever)
;)
Don't really hang out with them outside of school.

Words are a form of action. I know what you're asking but this isn't a clear dichotomy. I'd say actions, since they impact how things are more directly.

A, it's much better than the remaining options. True immortality is likely to be excruciating boring. Losing my memories, depending on how that's interpreted, basically amounts to death. Being poor would severely hamper my ability to achieve things I want, as would not experiencing passion. But losing taste, while sad, isn't devastating and provides the upside of allowing me a much healthier diet.

Losing sight of myself, taking the easy way in life.

I can get obsessive about a particular interest sometimes (e.g. certain video games), usually for a few days before I get bored of it. Don't understand "merging", and don't want to "merge" with anyone. I value my independence too much.

Very rarely bother to organize my desk. Some of my digital files are highly organized (e.g. specific naming system), others are just tossed into a folder. I can find everything anyway, what's the point?
I do plan things but also often drop the plan. Sometimes it's a form of fantasy for me (e.g. planning a cross country trip I'll never take).

I appreciate comfort, I guess. It's not something I think about a lot though, so dunno.

Note: Looking back, it might be difficult to get my type from this. I'm interested to see if you can figure things out from the way I think about and say things in addition to the actual content.

For what it's worth, I don't actually believe in any of these personality systems but I'm curious anyway.
Disclaimer: For many people in the thread, I've interacted with them to the extent that I can give a more detailed idea of what I think their type is likely to be. Not knowing someone as well is going to affect how detailed and accurate I am capable of being.

For enneagram: For heart: You seem to have the 3's goal orientation, some status seeking, independence, seek stimulation, are somewhat detached emotionally, seek success, driven to excel, fear failure, seem self assured, ambitious, confident. There's little 2 or 4 showing up.
For head: There's a lot of head energy showing up, and I think it's likely your core. I think 7 is most likely here, though 6 is possible, and there are definite points for 5. For 7: You're independent, initiating, seek stimulation, adventurous, freedom seeking, versatile, open minded, want to try it all, opportunistic, spontaneous, uncommitted, authority rejecting, fear limits, quick thinking. Maybe 7w6?
For gut: 8w9 seems most likely. You have a fear of being controlled, value independence, are entrepreneurial, initiating, seek stimulation, are questioning, seek legacies.

So 783. 7w6(?) 8w9 3w?

For instinctual stacking:
SP: You seem particularly focused on practicality and resources (money, time, energy, know-how).
SX: Here your focus is only on exploration (what activates passion in you). Little focus on attraction and merging.
SO: You really don't seem to focus on this very much.

So sp/sx.

For MBTI:
The Extraversion-Introversion Facets:
Initiating-Receiving: R
Expressive-Contained: C
Gregarious-Intimate: I
Active-Reflective: R
Enthusiastic-Quiet: ?
I.

The Sensing-Intuition Facets:
Concrete-Abstract: A
Realistic-Imaginative: R
Practical-Conceptual: C
Experiential-Theoretical: T
Traditional-Original: O
More N.

The Thinking-Feeling Facets:
Logical-Empathic: L
Reasonable-Compassionate: R
Questioning-Accommodating: Q
Critical-Accepting: C
Tough-Tender: ?
T.

The Judging-Perceiving Facets:
Systematic-Casual: C
Planful-Open-Ended: O
Early Starting-Pressure-Prompted: ?
Scheduled-Spontaneous: leaning spontaneous.
Methodical-Emergent: emergent?
P.

INTP.

It was fun to try to type you with your short but meaningful responses. I have no idea how accurate I was.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
You're not easy to type, I agree, but I shall try. Sorry if I'm off...

For enneagram: For heart: For 2: You can be generous, demonstrative, appreciative, dedicated, conscientious, a rescuer, helpful, responsible, demanding. For 3: You are goal oriented, independent, initiating, seek stimulation, can be detached, boastful, success is a theme, driven to excel, self assured, pragmatic, seem cool, ambitious, efficient, confident, impatient, inattentive to feelings, overextended. For 4: At times you have been self revealing, sometimes withdrawn, feel different, untrusting, frustrated, (you can be mysterious and are unique, but I don't think you particularly care about those things so they don't count here), envious, expressive, moody, self absorbed, unsatisfied, longing, demanding. I think that most of the 4 stuff that comes up here isn't actually indicative of you having 4,but more so things you were forced into due to outside circumstances. It's hard to see your heart type, maybe it's last in your tritype. I think 3w2 seems most likely, because you are very goal oriented and independent.
For head: For 5: You have a sense of feeling different, fear being helpless, can be cerebral, self sufficient, investigative, inquisitive. For 6: You can be testing, rebellious, ambiguous, dedicated, conscientious, more work than play, untrusting, seek stability, loyal, tuned into danger, pessimistic, need to vent, vigilant, checking, friendly, analytical, risk taking, blaming, aggressive, contrary, strategic. For 7: Sensation seeking, unpolished, independent, initiating, frustrated, uncensored, excessive, busy, seek freedom, impulsive, impatient, authority rejecting, fear limits, dispersed, quick thinking. I think 6w7 probably fits the best.
For gut: For 8: You can be shrewd, entrepreneurial, confrontational, forceful, empowered, independent, initiating, seek stimulation, untrusting, seek power, uncensored, challenging, seek justice, successful, street smart, push limits, dominating, impatient, direct, declarative, excessive, impulsive. For 9: You can be stubborn, feel different, seek stability, steadfast. For 1: You can be fair, rigid, controlled, action oriented, dedicated, conscientious, more work than play, detached, frustrated, seek justice, appear cold, focus on what needs to be fixed, uncompromising, improving, disciplined, responsible, critical, inflexible, judgmental, resentful, honest. 8 seems most likely here, and I guess 8w7 because you've got very little 9.

So that would mean 8w7 6w7 3w2 Potent expansive tough protector.

For instinctual stacking:
SP: I think you're very focused on the self care zone, along with practicality/resources, and home life.
SX: You're highly focused on exploration/activation/risk, and decently focused on the zone of attraction and all that entails. I don't think merging is something you focus on, though.
SO: This is clearly your last instinct to me.

Sp/sx.

For MBTI:
Initiating-Receiving: I
Expressive-Contained: E
Gregarious-Intimate: G
Active-Reflective: A
Enthusiastic-Quiet: E
E

Concrete-Abstract: C
Practical-Conceptual: P
Experiential-Theoretical: E
Traditional-Original: O
S

Tough-Tender: Tough
T

Systematic-Casual: Midrange?
Planful-Open-Ended: O
Early Starting-Pressure-Prompted: P
Scheduled-Spontaneous: Spontaneous?
Methodical-Emergent: not sure... midrange?
Leaning P

ESTP
Thank you! I think this is literally the best type me post someone has ever written. You actually explained your reasons and what you see in me personally, rather than just putting some type out there Without any explanations at all. Some of what you've said is stuff I've worked on improving, and I've changed some since I was active on this forum. A lot of what you said was very accurate in my opinion though. some of it was also a little off, but that's fine and I'm not offended. I think your overall type conclusion is very close. I think I come across as e on forums because it's more of a journalistic style which appeals to introverts. I'm able to be more open and expressive than I am IRL. I do think I can come across as e IRL also in some ways.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've been absent but I'd love to give it a shot. Let me know what ya need from me.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wanna play?

• Context
    • What is your age range and country?
      • 30-40, Hålogaland (What Scotland is to the UK).
    • Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire?
      • I have BPD.
    • Any religious or political beliefs that also might have an effect?
      • Nordic religion. Former center-left. Now far-right.
    • Which types are you currently considering?
      • INTJ
    • Why are you considering them and why haven't you decided on one?
      • I have decided. I’m none the less intrigued by what you see, and this forum is pretty dead so trying to get some interaction going.
    • What do you deem as your purpose in life?
      • One of the issues with BPD is that you are void of identity and purpose.
    • Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?
      • An odd combination of Wrath and Sloth.
  • Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
    • The type of people you are drawn to.
      • Men: Calm and deflective, or easy to make laugh.
      • Women: Reserved, hawkeyed, quick with non-toxic wit.
    • The type of people who are drawn to you.
      • Men: Same as above.
      • Women: All kinds, except fanciful people. I have dated someone timid, nerdy, druggy, and an entrepreneur (ran their own shop).
    • The type of people you are repulsed by.
      • Fanciful people, and wannabes. Braggarts are annoying, but I’m not repulsed by them.
  • What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.
    • I used to be good at keeping my mouth shut. Now I don’t. I was more likeable when I kept my mouth shut.
  • Describe your relationship with the following:
    • Anger: Yes, but I keep it under somewhat control (BPD).
    • Shame: Yes (BPD).
    • Fear: Only in relationships (BPD).
    • Love/passion: Not anymore.
    • Conflict: Bleh.
  • What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (i.e., a struggle you've been unable to conquer, etc.)?
    • I don’t understand this question. I’ve conquered all my struggles, except the internal ones.
  • Answer only one of the following:
    • [College aged and above] What is your area of work/study? Why did you choose this, and would you change it? If so, what would be your ideal?
      • Computer engineer, systems developer, cybersecurity expert. I chose it because I’ve been doing it all my life.
  • When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?
    • Making them laugh at my crippling sense of irony?
  • How do you feel about humanity as a whole?
    • It’s a very boring subject. Humans are full of themselves.
  • What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?
    • I work on developing alternative energy sources because the chemistry and physics is fun, not because I care about the environment. I don’t care about the rest neither.
  • What are some of your hobbies and interests?
    • Programming.
  • How do you usually "hang out" with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.
    • If it’s 1-3, then we play some video games. If it’s more than that, then we have some BBQ, some drinks, and a laugh. I try to initiate contact once in a while because as we grow older people withdraw.
  • What is more important, actions or words? Why?
  • Both. If one does not match the other, they’re lying.
  • Oh dear, you've been cursed by a witch! It's ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive (elaborate why):
    • To be immortal.
      • Because I want to live to see this Johnny Depp v. Amber Heard trial come to an end.
  • What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, etc.
    • My father’s lack of dignity, and my mother’s succubus nature.
  • How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?
    • This is a BPD issue.
  • Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are your preferences and tendencies?
    • Both. I like to see change happen as I figure something out and adapt from there. I lack structure in my life but try to set myself rules to follow. I like making spontaneous choices, like suddenly drive off somewhere, but if I need to travel afar, I organize everything to the last-minute detail.
  • How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?
    • Keeping the house clean and simple keeps me from regressing. To that end, a black and white theme is not just stylish but looks simple and clean. I prefer sweating over freezing. I want to put up pictures of my sister and her family, but I keep forgetting to buy the frames. I keep a lot of historical and cultural props around the house. I try to get some candles and lights out for Christmas, but nothing that doesn’t take 5 minutes tops to pack/unpack.

I don't know you well and you aren't currently very active here, so this isn't going to be all that detailed, and might not be that accurate. BPD can make it really difficult to type someone. I tried to look back at some of your posts in addition to the above.

For enneagram:
For heart: 3... you seem to want to appear desirable (especially using humor), smooth, are goal oriented, independent, initiating, seek stimulation, self assured, confident, perhaps impatient.
For head: 5 seems likeliest... you seem to be process oriented, detail oriented, detached, offer up talents, seek mastery, maybe be penetrating, withholding, cerebral, self sufficient, undemanding, inquisitive, miserly (this is in general not directly to do with money).
For gut: 8... you seem to be shrewd, somewhat confrontational, forceful, empowered, independent, initiating, seek stimulation, offer talents, uncensored, challenging, seek legacies, push limits, dominiting, maybe impatient, direct, declarative, excessive, can be impulsive.

835 (not sure on wings, maybe 8w7 3w4 5w6?)

For instinctual stacking: really difficult to gauge these from the above, but here we go...
SP: moderate focus
SX: focus on flow/being in the zone
SO: decent focus on interconnectedness, activities, maintenance

so/sp contraflow seems right

For MBTI:
Initiating-Receiving: I
Expressive-Contained: C
Gregarious-Intimate: midrange?
Active-Reflective: leaning R
Enthusiastic-Quiet: midrange
Leaning I.

Concrete-Abstract: C
Practical-Conceptual: ?
Experiential-Theoretical: E
Traditional-Original: ?
Leaning S.

Tough-Tender: Tough
T

Systematic-Casual: midrange
Planful-Open-Ended: midrange
Early Starting-Pressure-Prompted: midrange
Scheduled-Spontaneous: midrange
Methodical-Emergent: midrange
midrange, leaning J if I have to choose

ISTj

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
@Luminous I have made a new questionnaire, as the other one I gave in this thread felt very inconsistent and terrible, so I put here an updated questionnaire in case you decided to give a shot in typing me

• How old are you? What's your gender? Give us a general description of yourself.
I'm currently 24 years old, I have discovered MBTI when I was around 16 to 17 years old, MBTI interested me because I thought it would be cool to discover what is my personality type, and where I potentialy stand on the stage, which has been intriguing me. However this developed in some prejudice into certain types, there are certain types that I generaly dislike and wish I would not be those types, such as INFP or ISFP, I just dont like Fi doms at all. Pretty much I have a competitive streak and the type I least want to be is the emotional and incompetitive Fi dom.

• Is there a medical diagnosis that impact your mental/comportamental stability somehow?
I was diagnosed with ADHD during my childhood, next I was diagnosed with OCD during my adolescent years, around the age of 15 to 16. Next I was diagnosed with Anxiety disorders and Psychosis when I was 19 years old.

• Describe your upbringing. Did it have any kind of religious or structured influence? How did you respond to it?
I used to have both Mother and Father, but that was only till the age of 3 (Very young), after that I lived with a single Father for the rest of my childhood and adolescence and early adulthood, till I moved out to a hostel at the age of 22.

My parents we're not hardcore religious, infact they didnt take religion seriously at all. However as I live in Israel, I had this jewish discipline from Kindergarden and school, although I did not take any of the religious stuff and bible seriously, I basicaly thought that religious way of living seems to be restricting your freedom of self-determination and pursuit, however I did respect some of the customs that came with it, as long as it did make sense and we're reasonable.

For how my releationship was with my Father, it was question of discipline. My Father taught me discipline and was supportive at first, because I had interest in stuff such as computers and video game, however he dissapointed with me as he expected me to be interested in computers professionaly, rather than just indulging in video games, eventualy I grew and grew more rebelious against my Father's wishes to discipline me as I find it very constrictive on my own freedom.

• What do you do as a job or as a career (if you have one)? Do you like it? Why or why not?
Currently I am working on a coffee shop. While I had previous workplaces, however they we're boring and not fast paced enough. I work in a coffee shop because I find the enjoyment of serving others, while enjoying the dynamic work ethic, it is a place where I can put my serving skills to a test and prove myself. Plus it pays me money.

• If you had to spend an entire weekend by yourself, how would you feel? Would you feel lonely or refreshed?
While I would feel relief that it would take some workload off of me and let me focus on other things, I would agree though that it would feel as if I am missing out on worthwhile stuff, It's not that I would feel lonely since I am no stranger to such feeling, but I would sure feel somewhat refreshed and be ready to take on the next challenges.

• What is your relation with movement and your surroundings? For instance do you prefer a sport or outdoors event? If an outdoors event what is it? And why? If not what type of activities do you tend to engage in?
It's a mix of outdoors and Indoors. In Indoors I do enjoy video games, as it allows me to put my creative skills to a test, as for outdoors I enjoy going to restaurants or coffees to enjoy a good tasty meal, and somewhat socialising and getting to know others if I am with other people and not alone.

• How curious are you? Do you have more ideas then you can execute? What are your curiosities about? What are your ideas about - is it environmental or conceptual, and can you please elaborate?
I sometimes enjoy reading about astronomy and psychology, as I am very curious about how our world and our mind works and functions, it is very intriguing to me to uncover the truths that construct our own world and ourselves and what lies behind the veil of mystery.

• Would you enjoy taking on a leadership position? Do you think you would be good at it? What would your leadership style be?
I generaly do not take leadership positions because I prefer to work and solve problems by my own self, I merely rely on myself to navigate through life, yeah there are few friends and acquaintances that you meet on your path and help you or you helping them out (A sense of cooperation), which is sure good and important, but I prefer independence, as in gathering the knowledge and skills to navigate through life up in par with principles.

• What's your opinion about the past, present, and future? How do you deal with them?
From what I can gather, I see the past as the history of my own life, whether it is experiences or impressions I had of certain moments in my life, sometimes the past can act as a teacher of sort, teaching me what I should and worked out, and to avoid things that have failed, I may sometimes be nostalgic to certain periods of time which I would hold those moments as of dear importance of who I am.

While I can sometimes enjoy the present moment and thing about the future, I think the past is of uttermost importance since it holds your own life history, and without having the knowledge of your past experiences, it would be like navingating life on autopilot without any form of determination or learning.

• What are your aspirations?
In honesty, I feel as though I do not know what my aspirations are, I feel though there is nothing to aspire for beside living your best life to the fullest and enjoying the adventure it brings, life is an adventure, with It's hardships, challenges and obstacles being thrown at you that you need to solve, at this moment I think the best I aspire to is to survive and prove to myself that I am capable.

• What are your fears? What makes you uncomfortable? What do you hate? Why?
To live in mediocrity, to feel as though I dont measure up to my own truth and principles. I simply do not want to be seen as inferior to others or to be proved to being as one, or that I am seemingly too ordinary to others and not warrant attention from others.

• How long do you take to make an important decision? And do you change your mind once you've made it?
I guess if It's something important, I can mull over it, I want to make sure the decision that I made is decisive enough, so I wouldn't want to "Change" my mind later on and realise that I made a mistake.

• How long do you take to process your emotions? How important are emotions in your life?
I'm fairly guarded with my emotions, I simply do not let them manifest externaly, as I keep my emotions and feelings to myself. Firstly first, I consider public emotional expressions to be a form of weakness, something that holds you back from rationaly assesing the situation, I function best when I have mental clarity and arent being cluttered with petty emotions, though I tend to have situations where I may explode in bursts of extreme emotions which is something that I sometimes have difficulty controling and do my best to avoid.

• Do you ever catch yourself agreeing with others just to appease them and keep the conversation going? How often? Why?
My thought process is simply assesing whether the information they provided is correct or not. So If I disagree with something and they want my input on it, then I would state that I disagree and provide my reasons. There is simply no reason to just blindly go against telling the truth.

• Do you break rules often? Do you think authority should be challenged, or that they know better? If you do break rules, why would you?
That depends on how the Authority is behaving. Usualy I have respect towards authority (And typicaly get rather well along with them) because you already know that if they have authoritarian position, it means they are competent in handling in being in an authoritarian position, so I put my trust on authority that would help me with solving problems, whether they are practical concerns or mediate through conflicts.

Last edited: