• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Depp vs. Heard 2022

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I accidentally made some posts in a thread from an old trial for Depp and Heard, so decided to start a new current one because the issues raised here and how they are resolved are going to influence society, especially in terms of domestic violence and gender stereotypes.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We are only half-way through the trial. The first part was establishing Depp's character, then defining the nature of their relationship for which the evidence demonstrates Amber inflicted physical harm, but there is a lack of concrete evidence that she was harmed by Johnny. His chopped off finger is quite graphic with several witnesses attesting to that incident.

I have suspected all along that the specifics of money lost will come in the second half, with the last week likely a summary for the jury.

I've been analyzing this case for a few years now and have watched most of the testimony. This trial is absolutely vindicating Johnny. The MeToo movement went completely out of control with this and other scams and Johnny took the hit and lost the work while Amber has been living it up. It's not just a 50/50 fallacy dismissive hot mess, but a clear violation that is now rebalancing to an appropriately proportioned lines that were crossed.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Behavior Panel analyzes their body language...
Although I think Amber is on a lot of medication and/or substances, so there are limits in analyzing her facial features which are muscularly slack throughout almost all of the testimony.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Heard's lawyers have an unfortunate courtroom style of obsessing over minutiae with excessive repetition with witnesses who are direct minded, so that it creates comedic tension and humor.

Isaac Baruch is the witness Elaine was needling about the "Amica cream" (actually called "arnica cream") to comedic effect. This guy made a real point.

Elaine used the same repetitive style asking Alejandro Romero about observing details of Amber's makeup, and his no-nonsense responses make another comedic effect.

Then Elaine becomes muffin obsessed and this is the tail end of it, "Why did your husband get the muffins for Amber Heard?"
Dr. Curry "May I clarify what happened, so we can stop talking about the muffins?"

Last edited:

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
We are only half-way through the trial. The first part was establishing Depp's character, then defining the nature of their relationship for which the evidence demonstrates Amber inflicted physical harm, but there is a lack of concrete evidence that she was harmed by Johnny. His chopped off finger is quite graphic with several witnesses attesting to that incident.

I have suspected all along that the specifics of money lost will come in the second half, with the last week likely a summary for the jury.

I've been analyzing this case for a few years now and have watched most of the testimony. This trial is absolutely vindicating Johnny. The MeToo movement went completely out of control with this and other scams and Johnny took the hit and lost the work while Amber has been living it up. It's not just a 50/50 fallacy dismissive hot mess, but a clear violation that is now rebalancing to an appropriately proportioned lines that were crossed.
I find the whole thing fascinating because she always played up the dangerous/predatory stance thing. Like she looks scary and evil. I was sort of following the case back in 2019 and was quickly convinced that she was an abuser. Especially that she got arrested for assaulting her girlfriend in public once and destroying her necklace or something like that - I wonder if it was something she got from her ex. Like she forced Johnny to sell a yacht named after his ex.
I wonder if Johnny Depp dated her because she reminded him of his abusive mother.
I drew this drawing back in 2019:

Attachments

• Image-0736cr.png
    Image-0736cr.png
    192.6 KB · Views: 92

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find the whole thing fascinating because she always played up the dangerous/predatory stance thing. Like she looks scary and evil. I was sort of following the case back in 2019 and was quickly convinced that she was an abuser. Especially that she got arrested for assaulting her girlfriend in public once and destroying her necklace or something like that - I wonder if it was something she got from her ex. Like she forced Johnny to sell a yacht named after his ex.
I wonder if Johnny Depp dated her because she reminded him of his abusive mother.
I drew this drawing back in 2019:
Cool drawing!

I think you are accurate that Johnny was attracted and stayed with Amber because she is similar to his mother. He describes his mother's dynamic and she would verbally berate and hit people. His mother was towards the end of her life when he got involved with Heard. I think Johnny has very complex emotions in relationship to his mother. He describes his father stoically taking the abuse, but also went through a complex emotion when his father left the family, his mother became despondent and suicidal, just lying on the couch becoming emaciated. So Johnny also has deep feelings of protection and guilt along with the anger with his mother.

Amber's violence goes all the way back to childhood. She beats up on her sister Whitney still as adults, and Whitney is completely subjugated to her, protecting Amber, refusing to talk about it, and even perjuring herself on Amber's behalf in the UK trial. I think Whitney's ego is subjugated to Amber as her source of strength in a group level identity, a more extreme example of what you see in the mean girl cliques at school where there is usually one meanest girl, surrounded by a group of minions that derive a feeling of social strength from the primary bully. There can't usually be two primary bullies in a group. Amber was bullied by her father, and then regained her power by bullying her sister, and that is how life builds an abuser.

Last edited:

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not keeping up with this in very much depth, but I really hope that it does make it more accepted when men speak of abuse they've experienced, that they're more likely to be believed. It takes a lot of courage for a man to speak out about it when the ingrained societal idea is that only men can be domestic abusers.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Then Elaine becomes muffin obsessed and this is the tail end of it, "Why did your husband get the muffins for Amber Heard?"
Dr. Curry "May I clarify what happened, so we can stop talking about the muffins?"
I was just disappointed that Heard's lawyer didn't bother to find out what kind of muffins they were. :sadbanana:

But seriously, Depp's team seems to have hit a home run by hiring Shannon Curry. In the videos I've watched she comes across as clear and knowledgeable in explaining her evaluation and conclusions, and has demonstrated a remarkable level of patience and composure when getting pestered with distractions. :laugh:

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
he definitely has a better legal team, can’t argue with that. them and his PR team are really working wonders at getting the public to blindly trust him. it’s almost impossible to find information on this case that isn’t heavily skewed in johnny’s favor.

but there is yet to be any proof that he did not physically assault her, and recordings played in court show that he was at least verbally abusive. i also feel that he has presented himself falsely, as a placater who ran from any sign of conflict, when he was actually prone to jealous, substance-fueled rages. this is not the simple, one-sided victim narrative that people are making this out to be. it’s two toxic, chaotic people trying to destroy each other. one happens to have better resources to accomplish it.

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
it’s two toxic, chaotic people trying to destroy each other. one happens to have better resources to accomplish it.
I feel that it's hard to know the exact truth of what is happening, but it seems likely that both are misrepresenting themselves and that the actual situation is something like this.

The statements from the relationship counselor that it was mutually abusive seem to bear this out.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I’m just waiting to see how it plays out. Regardless of what wvidence might be manifested against Depp, I suppose the high profile case has done a valuable service in showing some warts normally ignored or worse, tolerated

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
People who reference that Johnny can't prove he never hit Amber, that is true, but can you prove you have never hit anyone? I could prove I've never hit Amber because I've never been in her vicinity, but I've been alone with people I don't trust, and any one of them could falsely accuse me of hitting them, and I wouldn't be able to falsify their claim absolutely.

I'm operating from the principle of innocent until proven guilty and that the legal system, any society's system of justice, should require concrete evidence of a crime over accusations alone. This position means some perpetrators would not be held accountable, but if someone is abusive, there will eventually be concrete evidence. In this case there is concrete evidence that Amber inflicted physical harm on Johnny, but there is not established proof he inflicted physical injury on her. I do think he has crossed his own internal lines of conduct based on his statements, but not actual physical assault the evidence shows Amber has committed. Without concrete evidence, or personally admitting to a crime, I think it is ethically problematic to assume guilt.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Also, for people who think Johnny has the advantage, then why is he the one that has been cancelled, having no work except Minimata that was then held up for release, and Amber is working consistently for Disney? Watch the mainstream media that has been highly skewed for Amber for years now. Even Drew Barrymore is laughing about Johnny's physical injuries, but fawning all over Evan Rachel Wood for her accusations? The media is displaying an extreme double standard for domestic violence. Johnny Depp has fans attacking Amber a lot, and many are not objective and have personal desire for his innocence, but the man has taken a much bigger hit for these accusations that are not standing up in court. Assumption of equal guilt, the 50/50 logic fallacy, is a moral error in this case and does not reflect the evidence.

Last edited:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
typically when there's an allegation of an action by one party against another, the burden of proof lies on the accuser. it's kind of hard to provide negative evidence. until we get to a point in time where antimatter can be harnessed and used as evidence in courtrooms :laugh:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Also, for people who think Johnny has the advantage, then why is he the one that has been cancelled, having no work except Minimata that was then held up for release, and Amber is working consistently for Disney? Watch the mainstream media that has been highly skewed for Amber for years now. Even Drew Barrymore is laughing about Johnny's physical injuries, but fawning all over Evan Rachel Wood for her accusations? The media is displaying an extreme double standard for domestic violence. Johnny Depp has fans attacking Amber a lot, and many are not objective and have personal desire for his innocence, but the man has taken a much bigger hit for these accusations that are not standing up in court. Assumption of equal guilt, the 50/50 logic fallacy, is a moral error in this case and does not reflect the evidence.
because their relationship dramas have been politicized from the very start. We have politicized what should be dealt with as a private matter between two mentally ill codependents. Although I'm glad it's gotten people talking about family courts and social biases.

Last edited:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Depp has confessed to substance abuse issues, is seen slamming cupboard doors on video, and wrote really mean texts, although the violent references were quotes from Monty Python, so not exactly the same as literal threats. One of the more damning statements he made to the marriage counselor is that "she gave as good as she got", and at first I thought that was an admission of guilt, but that statement was jotted down in the counselor's notes without context, and he may have been describing Amber in general terms and not personalizing it to their own relationship because he maintains his innocence of never hitting her. Counselors are required to be advocates for all of their clients, so a marriage counselor would be outside her ethical boundaries to take an actual side in a conflict. She has to support both parties in her statements.

Amber is on tape admitting to hitting and slapping Johnny, and he had to go to the ER when she severed his finger with a vodka bottle. Several witnesses describe her throwing objects at him. She also has a history of hitting her sister to leave physical injury, spat in the face of her assistant, and pooped in his bed.

There are few people who would not respond to her behavior with angry texts, name calling, or slamming cupboards. Most people online become way meaner textually with far less provocation. I would personally be very hurt by texts like Johnny made, but I also don't throw things at people, hit them, spit in their faces, poop in their beds, or demean them verbally.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
because their relationship dramas have been politicized from the very start. We have politicized what should be dealt with as a private matter between two mentally ill codependents.
Johnny is not diagnosed with mental illness. Amber Heard is formally diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder and Histrionic Personality Disorder based on several hours of testing with the currently most reliable diagnostic tools administered by Dr. Curry.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Johnny is not diagnosed with mental illness. Amber Heard is formally diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder and Histrionic Personality Disorder based on several hours of testing with the currently most reliable diagnostic tools administered by Dr. Curry.
Situational? He suffered childhood abuse and trauma. The effects can be lifelong, effectively acting similarly to "normal" mental illness. Speaking from personal experience, that sort of trauma can change people down to the core and result in lifelong anxieties, depressions, neuroticisms, etc. Might explain his tendency toward addictive substances. Just untrained speculation though. I have no idea what I am talking about.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Depp has confessed to substance abuse issues, is seen slamming cupboard doors on video, and wrote really mean texts, although the violent references were quotes from Monty Python, so not exactly the same as literal threats. One of the more damning statements he made to the marriage counselor is that "she gave as good as she got", and at first I thought that was an admission of guilt, but that statement was jotted down in the counselor's notes without context, and he may have been describing Amber in general terms and not personalizing it to their own relationship because he maintains his innocence of never hitting her. Counselors are required to be advocates for all of their clients, so a marriage counselor would be outside her ethical boundaries to take an actual side in a conflict. She has to support both parties in her statements.

Amber is on tape admitting to hitting and slapping Johnny, and he had to go to the ER when she severed his finger with a vodka bottle. Several witnesses describe her throwing objects at him. She also has a history of hitting her sister to leave physical injury, spat in the face of her assistant, and pooped in his bed.

There are few people who would not respond to her behavior with angry texts, name calling, or slamming cupboards. Most people online become way meaner textually with far less provocation. I would personally be very hurt by texts like Johnny made, but I also don't throw things at people, hit them, spit in their faces, poop in their beds, or demean them verbally.
fair point there. I have been pushed to slamming shit and yelling. never pushed to hit a woman. it takes a lot of control in the heat of the moment to not retaliate against physical attacks, because all social conventions and notions of civility fall by the wayside when you see red and your brain and body are suddenly jarred into fight or flight mode by a physical attack. The one time I retaliated was after being slapped really fucking hard right in the side of my head, which I am pretty sure caused some hearing damage in that ear. I responded by pushing her away from me. I was restrained and not using full force, but even then it sent her back stumbling into the refridgerador. she never touched me again. I didn't feel very good about that. Typically if one is bigger and male, the best thing they can do is throw their arms up in front of their face to protect their eyes and face. but even that can lead to her getting hurt. she bruises her wrist or arm while flailing at you, that's still evidence that looks pretty damning if the cops show up. Best thing to do is remove yourself from the premises if you are a male or bigger. Then start building your case, talking to relatives, friends, get a lawyer, find out what is legally recordable and usable as evidence, etc.

I'm not going to say Depp acted smartly at all times, but I do agree he was probably acting understandably in said situations