• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"Cholera Returns With a Vengeance"

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
giphy.gif

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I reckon that all the middle ages pestilence hits will get a redux at some point in the near future.

Cholera (although not strictly middle ages)
Erysipelas
Leprosy
My personal favorite - sweating sickness
Dysentery
Plus all the usual things that had been eradicated by vaccine but no more by the skeptic/contrarian insane people that believe Fox News but not nearly a century of medical evidence.

And they'll treat it all with a combo of naturopathy and marine anti-freeze.

Last edited:

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We need John Snow to come and save us.
Don't mention the white stuff even if it's someone's last name. I will eat you for lunch.

Anyway, regarding the subject of this thread, I am not the least bit scared of cholera. I have had Covid-19--the worst illness in the world--twice, and both times, it was just like an ordinary cold. I would be willing to bet that cholera will be no different. It's undoubtedly just another case of news reporters engaging in scaremongering to accumulate views from those who like to be frightened.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Don't mention the white stuff even if it's someone's last name. I will eat you for lunch.

Anyway, regarding the subject of this thread, I am not the least bit scared of cholera. I have had Covid-19--the worst illness in the world--twice, and both times, it was just like an ordinary cold. I would be willing to bet that cholera will be no different. It's undoubtedly just another case of news reporters engaging in scaremongering to accumulate views from those who like to be frightened.
It depends on the person. I have had family members who have died from it and some that were asymptomatic. I try not to roll those dice to a certain extent.

That said there has certainly been a lot of scaremongering about diseases in the past from the media (like SARS or swine flu). The fact that they were right with Covid took me by surprise. I was pretty dismissive about it at first and didn't really take it seriously until the governor closed all the bars and restaurants.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

There are currently measles outbreaks in the US, due to unvaccinated children and their moronic parents.

Polio in NYC wastewater

I had COVID, I don't believe it's the worst illness in the world but it was nothing like an ordinary cold either and I am laughing at comparing it to Cholera, dysentery, or any water born illness. Bubonic plague, a real contender for the worst illness in the world, is still with us. Perhaps a go with Ebola Zaire or Naegleria? Cholera killed millions due to contaminated water. The water situation in the US warrants concern due to aging infrastructure and how badly your state legislature wants you dead (see Jackson Mississippi, Ashville, North Carolina and Maui Hawaii).

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What makes COVID-19 disturbing and difficult to rate is that some people dropped dead from it and others never knew they were even sick. The range of experience is so erratic and has such a Russian Roulette quality. It can only be judged in terms of how bad a disease based on overall death rates, but at the individual level it could be anything.

Can't say I'm a fan of cholera either. I'll take whatever precautions are necessary for any of it.