• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Children need to properly address parents as Mother and Father to better develop Emotionally?

Sparkykun

MBTI Type
INFJ
In the formative years of childhood, as the child is just learning to speak, it's important that the parents are more involved in raising the child. This way, the child will better develop the ability to properly address his or her parents as mother and father. This will also help the child develop as a person, and emotionally as well. If a person doesn't properly address his parents as father and mother, but instead view them more like friends, then that person is likely to act immaturish in career choices and with relationship decisions. People who know how to properly address their parents as mother and father are better developed, and tend to be more successful with their careers and relationships.

Please let us know your opinions or thoughts. Thank you for reading.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Please let us know your opinions or thoughts. Thank you for reading.
First thought: laughter. I think this is absolutely written by a person who has never met a child, let alone raised one. Also a troll.

Sparkykun

MBTI Type
INFJ
First thought: laughter. I think this is absolutely written by a person who has never met a child, let alone raised one. Also a troll.

First thought of your post is you have daddy issues, meaning you can't properly address your father.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I mean this seems slightly circular.

In order to develop into a mature adult a child needs to address their parents as mother and father. Therefore mature adults address/addressed their parents as mother and father.

i can understand your reasoning when you elaborate a little more on your points- like, I think when you say that it is important for children to not see their parents as friends- I can get with that a little bit. I don’t think the relationship parents have with their children should be a peer relationship- but I also think there’s somewhere between a relationship with no boundaries and a calling your parents “mother/father/sir/mam” or whatever. Treating your kids as individual people with unique/valuable/important perspectives can/should be done regardless of what your title ends up being. That’s imo, how you end up with “mature” adults

Sparkykun

MBTI Type
INFJ
I feel like there is a window around 3 years old when children address parents using the Parent Relationship Temperament, which is also around the time when children learn to speak and address their own needs.

When I was walking outside, there is a child around 3 years old who called me father as I walked by. I was a little startled, and didn't respond, so I can understand the child feeling disappointed with the encounter. I feel like the child's father ought to be beside him as he played outside though. In any case, parents do need to be by their children in their formative years, so they learn to call parents using the Parent Relationship Temperament, and can in turn, develop into more responsible, emotionally stable and healthy adults.