• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Better Call Saul (spoilers)

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
After that post, I got inspired and went on Grubhub -- yes Cinnabon delivers.

So I got a pack of Cinnabons for the first time in like many years. It was glorious!
:burns:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This damn show with Cinnabon.

I made cinnamon rolls & icing from scratch for the 1st time ever this year solely because this show invaded my brain. They were glorious, & I saved them to eat while I watched this series.

Twin Peaks did something similar to me with coffee/doughnuts, come to think of it...
I think because of Twin Peaks, I asked for cherry pie instead of cake for my birthday.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
eeffoc enif nmaD
e31271cb2c89bfd8ba8c5e2a346343f9.jpg

ne5PmPBUsCZJaAy8pk_-IRWxHXLqvfsKWc-vOTKIsts.png

nam doog lla stI

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Last edited:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Better Call Saul Season 6 dropped on Netflix today. The entire series is now available.

1681836864612.png

Last edited:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Long running joke about Jimmy lying about being Kevin Costner to pick up women.

My son im'ed me today:

Screenshot_20230806_115648_Messenger.jpg

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Squeeee!!!

FB_IMG_1691517991902.jpg

*gasp* look at EVERYONE she beat!!

Screenshot_20230808_140738_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Long running joke about Jimmy lying about being Kevin Costner to pick up women.
I'm also kind of dumb myself.

later, he texts me to say that the quote, "Let justice be done, though the heavens fall" shows up in JFK as well. I googled it, I didn't realize it had a history even stretching back far beyond it although I recognized Jimmy might have been quoting something. Of course Jimmy would know the phrase, as a lawyer, and also as a movie buff of films about lawyers. I think Chuck might also say it at some point.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Finished Season 3 again.

Really interesting in that the character arcs are reflected here pretty well through the end of the series, and the season finale kind of hints at the series finale.

Howard is a dick once or twice, but overall he and Kim are the two main characters who are generally selfless. Howard tries to be cordial with everyone (aside from his stunt at the restaurant to Kim, with Mesa Verde watching) and he also is the only one to respectfully stand up to Chuck to do what needed to be done, despite the cost to himself.

Nacho will do anything to protect his father, including accepting shame and even rejection -- so his father's misunderstanding of his character hurts him but he will still do what must be done to look out for his dad.

Kim learns her limitations here, it's her first real battle of self-awareness and reality where she realizes obstacles cannot be overcome by sheer force of will alone. Here, her physical limitations become obvious and she needs to practice some level of self-care. This is also essentially what she does in the middle of Season 6 because Jimmy is unable to... although she then spends a few years punishing herself as well for failing.

Jimmy "won" the McGill feud with the episode "Chicanery" but he is so furious over his insurance premiums going up so much as a result that he decides to stick it to Chuck as well. In the process, he derails Chuck's recovery and put Chuck in the position of making an inappropriate response to retiring. The latter is still Chuck's fault, but maybe if he had been given more time he would have reached a place of more maturity and acceptance towards moving on. Chuck meanwhile then responds to the HHM loss by hurting Jimmy as badly as possible by saying, "You never really mattered much to me." I think it's the last thing that is ever said between the brothers. This drives Jimmy to cynicism and he doesn't really change directions again until the series finale.

Mike kind of accepts that he can't stay out of the game if he wants to take care of the people he loves beyond anything in the world. It's touching how he goes and finds the innocent bystander's body in the wilderness so at least the body is found and buried properly and the loved ones have closure of some kind -- even though he didn't kill the man himself, he feels culpable because he set up the situation that got the man killed. Mike has a lot of regrets over the things he has done in his life, but it's reminiscent of Mike Sullivan in "Road to Perdition" -- he feels like he's damned, but he can still look out for the people he loves and accept the shame of that to help them. he and Kim are kind of the same in that both quickly accept responsibility for their own choices and will sometimes take on great burdens to "do what is fair" based on their promises.

Jimmy's decisions in the series finale are also reflected somewhat in the Season 3 finale.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I'm also kind of dumb myself.

later, he texts me to say that the quote, "Let justice be done, though the heavens fall" shows up in JFK as well. I googled it, I didn't realize it had a history even stretching back far beyond it although I recognized Jimmy might have been quoting something. Of course Jimmy would know the phrase, as a lawyer, and also as a movie buff of films about lawyers. I think Chuck might also say it at some point.
Kevin Costner also said that same line in "The Untouchables"

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
It's also Colin Robinson.
I like to think that Daniel is just another Energy Vampire; that's why he was so good at draining Mike. And how he kept managing to not be killed because, boy was he asking for it, but an energy vampire would really be at no actual risk. Like an ant mimicing wasp that brazenly strolls up to the spider web like a little lost ant, A wasp among spiders. But otherwise I dont really see a resemblance. Between you and me that guy seems like kind of a square.