• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A rewording of time honored quotations.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Quotation:
“Imagination is more important than knowledge.” Albert Einstein

“I’d say rather, “Insight is more important than mere knowledge.” LightSun

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“It takes a wise man to discover a wise man.” Diogenes

“It takes a wise person to understand yet another wise person. I would think Jesus and Buddha would get along tremendously well together.” LightSun

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Quotation:
“Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.” Will Durant

“On the path of self actualization, becoming enlightened is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.” LightSun

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“It takes a wise man to recognize a wise man.” Xenophanes

“It takes a wise person to understand a wise person” LightSun

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Quote:
“You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him find it within.” Galileo

“You can teach him knowledge. However wisdom, I agree that you can’t teach another person true wisdom. For that wisdom must come from within. That wisdom must be born in the breast of that persons heart.

Also just as importantly it must be found and discovered in that persons mind. This will ultimately lead to a soul lit afire, and a Phoenix of one who becomes awakened.” LightSun

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
"A man who tries to carry a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." -Mark Twain.
"Stupid is as stupid does." -Winston Groom

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Quote:
“You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him find it within.” Galileo
This one is reminscent of a line from Charge of the Goddess: " Know your seeking and yearning shall avail you not unless you know the mystery; if that which you seek you find not within yourself, you will never find it without."

One of my favorites is "The ends justify the means." It is often vilified as leading to cruel and callous behavior. I would turn it around and say "The means don't justify the ends." Our process-driven society produces many heartless and counterproductive ends, then justifies them with the claim that all procedures or regulations or customs were followed correctly. As if that makes any difference to the injured party on the other end.

And another: "There's nothing we can do." Usually there is, but you don't want to do it because it will take too much time and effort, be too risky, or come at too high a cost. So, really "there's noting we are willing/prepared to do."

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“Science without spirituality is lame. Spirituality without science is blind.” LightSun

“Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind.” Albert Einstein

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“Wisdom tends to grow in proportion to one’s awareness of one’s ignorance.” Anthony de Mello

“This quote brings to mind remind another quotation by Socrates. He said, “The only thing I know, is that I know nothing. Socrates

“I would rather say that keeping an open, curious and inquisitive mind can lead to more self awareness.

This is my saying, “In the path of life with the gift of insight, I’ve grown in depth and breadth of my understanding of self, life and other people.

The journey is never ending. It gives me great joy and internal satisfaction knowing that if I keep this open mindset I can look forward to increased wisdom and understanding.” LightSun