• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2018 Fifa world cup

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I hope Croatia wins.

There is one thing more important than goals though. That is to beat the english. Always to beat the english.

I was waiting to see how long it will take you to say this. :wink:

In my opinion England made one strategic mistake and this is open trashing of Croatia.
I mean this is mistake since Croats are generally pretty spiteful counter-offensive people and with this move England ensured that Croats will give their 130%.

Kas

Fabula rasa
It was a disappointing match for Belgium. France seemed much quicker than the Belgians.

Yeah , France was better. Idk I just don't "feel" this team. I wanted the final Belgium- Croatia, I think it would be interesting.

Now I hope for:
1. Croatia
2. France
3. Belgium
4. England

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
My bet on odds are on the France, but Croatia could surprise. (after all this is pretty much what it is doing through the whole tournament)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
To be fully honest the last time Croats were celebrating like this was at the end of war for independence.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I can only imagine what is happening out there:D

People celebrate on the streets or in the cars, flags are on many buidings, railways are offering 50% discount towards the place where the team should show up in monday, government is pushing towards making the monday a public holiday if we win, good chunk of people are in soccer dress at work, 30 meter flag was placed on one mountain, diaspora celebrates all around the world, today in news that lasted over 40 minutes about 35 minutes were about the game ..... the normal life as we know has ended. What looks almost exactly as the end of the war for independance: same atmosphere, same joy, same iconogrphy, same party at power.

Kas

Fabula rasa
People celebrate on the streets or in the cars, flags are on many buidings, railways are offering 50% discount towards the place where the team should show up in monday, government is pushing towards making the monday a public holiday if we win, good chunk of people are in soccer dress at work, 30 meter flag was placed on one mountain, diaspora celebrates all around the world, today in news that lasted over 40 minutes about 35 minutes were about the game ..... the normal life as we know has ended. What looks almost exactly as the end of the war for independance: same atmosphere, same joy, same iconogrphy, same party at power.

I'm having fingers crossed today

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I'm having fingers crossed today

To be fully honest I am not since I am beyond annoyed ... and before you ask me why I will tell you why.

Due to this my Mayor resurrected the idea of building the huge national stadium. The budget is in problems as it is and we have 100 more important things to fix/build than this. However populism and public emotions will once again waste money on stuff that wouln't get it back. Plus some people will probably get fired or something important be cut due to money issues. (it wouldn't be the first time)

Government is obviosuly using this as the smoke screen and for days we haven't had a classic news on any station.

Good chunk of the players are on various trials for tax evasions and false testimony.

For every game our top officials go to Russia and each time they get hosted by russian top officials. So btw they negotiate, make deals etc. Since even before this championship Russia was very very interested in swinging Croatia to it's side.

Yeah, this is great and important game, but the background is complete shit.

Therefore for this country would probably be better that all of this didn't happen.

Kas

Fabula rasa
To be fully honest I am not since I am beyond annoyed ... and before you ask me why I will tell you why.

Due to this my Mayor resurrected the idea of building the huge national stadium. The budget is in problems as it is and we have 100 more important things to fix/build than this. However populism and public emotions will once again waste money on stuff that wouln't get it back. Plus some people will probably get fired or something important be cut due to money issues. (it wouldn't be the first time)

Government is obviosuly using this as the smoke screen and for days we haven't had a classic news on any station.

Good chunk of the players are on various trials for tax evasions and false testimony.

For every game our top officials go to Russia and each time they get hosted by russian top officials. So btw they negotiate, make deals etc. Since even before this championship Russia was very very interested in swinging Croatia to it's side.

Yeah, this is great and important game, but the background is complete shit.

Therefore for this country would probably be better that all of this didn't happen.

Sorry about it.

I would say often the sport isn't so clean as it seems outside. And it's similar everywhere across the world. It was a pleasure until the very last minute to watch croatian team fighting in this mundial (I seriously respect that they were fighting until the very end), but I hope the situation will bring minimum of possible negative consequences to you country.

Btw interesting about bolded I had no idea.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Sorry about it.

I would say often the sport isn't so clean as it seems outside. And it's similar everywhere across the world. It was a pleasure until the very last minute to watch croatian team fighting in this mundial (I seriously respect that they were fighting until the very end), but I hope the situation will bring minimum of possible negative consequences to you country.

Btw interesting about bolded I had no idea.

It doesn't matter people will recover and we have much larger problems to deal with.

Regarding the bolded.
Well, in Croatia things got pretty dark once you take a closer look. Just the other day Russians took control over our economy by taking the control over what is the spine of our economy (that makes 1/4 of GDP and most of food), fight against corruption came to a full stop, China is on the shopping spree as well in the country, EU support is only at 35% and dropping ... etc. Therefore the idea of Croatia as pro-western and democratic country is slowly comming to an end, however global media like to skip this so that people around Europe don't get upset about what is really going in the Balkans as a whole at this point.

In my threads in politics you have pages about this.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Looks like people were right about France.

So bad wanted Croatia to win

Amberiat

Infinity
This world cup was honestly a mess, it was unpredictable though, which made it a bit more entertaining even for me, and I'm not that big on the sport. Congratulations to France!

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Since Croats are not people of conventions we decided to celebrate as we won. After all we have the best player of the tournmant and this is still the biggest achievement of our soccer ever.

Currently there is massive celebration in the Capital and numbers say that 15% of the whole populuation was included in the mix at one point. Since it took the bus with the team 6 hours to pass 10 miles from the airport to central square. Since the streets were that full of fans.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Getting to the FOOTBALL WORLD CUP finals itself is a victory. I am glad Croats can see it that way.

Edit :- France played so well in the finals it's hard not to feel happy for them. French in this cup either got stuck or fired up. On the finals they really fired.

Last edited:

Kas

Fabula rasa
I felt bad for Craotia, but it was great game of France and final was wonderful (!), so now I'm just upset it's the end of it all...

Finite Fusion

Some are saying the free kick and the penalty kick that handed France their first two goals were both controversial. Not that they were undeserved but they were both decisions that could have gone either way.

The final was super entertaining even though it lacked quality. With scores at 4:2 the last 10 minutes were painful to watch. There was hardly any chance of a come back so both team were down to walking paces. If it was a tie at the time the field would have looked very different.

Anyway, I like both teams and would be equally happy with either on top. Great World Cup. Sad it’s over.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Getting to the FOOTBALL WORLD CUP finals itself is a victory. I am glad Croats can see it that way.

They certanly can, after all Croatian mindset is pretty ExxP in cognition. Actually in my county there is the term called "monkey day". Which defines the time when there are no holidays, birthdays or reasons to celebrate. Therefore celebrate fictional monkey day as an excuse for having the reason to party.

Btw the celebrations are still going. The central one is over but now players are coming back into their hometowns, and each of them has it's special public party for the locals.
Just as I forsen: People play this as we won the finals and have fun.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
They certanly can, after all Croatian mindset is pretty ExxP in cognition. Actually in my county there is the term called "monkey day". Which defines the time when there are no holidays, birthdays or reasons to celebrate. Therefore celebrate fictional monkey day as an excuse for having the reason to party.

Btw the celebrations are still going. The central one is over but now players are coming back into their hometowns, and each of them has it's special public party for the locals.
Just as I forsen: People play this as we won the finals and have fun.

I was gone but I caught the final game. I was really happy for Croatia to have made it all the way.

I also loved President Grabar-Kitarovic basically saying - fuck umbrellas. She is impressive and I :D at the way she led Macron around by the hand.

Deprecator

I am very glad that France won. Usually I too like to "root for the underdog", but when I tell multiple friends and people at work that France is going to win the world cup then I want to be proven right in the end. :D

I thought France was the best team in the Euros, and further thought that their squad was only going to improve with the addition of Varane, who has now won 10 out of 10 finals throughout his career. Croatia had a good run, but I can only name 3 of their players (manduizic, modric and rakatik) whereas with France I can name their entire starting 11. Very balanced squad with tremendous depth and synergy. Shame though, even though they won I still think the team would have been even better if Benzema had played instead of Giroud.