• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

sp/sx or sx/sp?

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
help! I'm having doubts about my enneagram stacking lately. I'm pretty sure I'm so last but I do not know which of these two fits better. I relate to the "dauntless" description of sp 4's, but I relate also to the general sx/sp description of a brooding person, but I don't know if it could be related to being a 4-5-8...

Any ideas?

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Instincts are my weak point, but I'll try.

SO: focused on activity with the group and one's place in it.
SX: attention is focused on the attachment and attention to an other.
SP: Focused on the self's needs and preservation.

Hope that wasn't too butchered.

PurpleDawn

The way I see it, the Sx/Sp is more likely to be fine "merging" with a partner or obsession, whereas the Sp/Sx values their individuality/independence above all else and will keep at least some distance at all times. Like [MENTION=29903]Mayflower[/MENTION] said, the Sx dom craves the attachment, the Sp Dom craves preservation and is therefore more individualistic than the Sx Dom.
I used to mistype as Sx/Sp actually, they're quite similar in MANY other ways.