• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Could anyone help me find me Myers Briggs type?

blueish

I've taken a lot of tests and I almost always get different results and none of them seem to fit me, I feel. At least not completely.
If it helps, I'm a 4w5 enneatype.
The one I feel that I can relate the most (so far) is INTJ but I am very emotional, so I'm not so sure.

> Peolpe tell me that I tend to be cold and I don't show my feelings. I am very direct when I speak and people are sometimes offended by that. The ones who know me better, know that I'm not trying to be mean, that's just the way I talk.

> I am introverted and shy. I am also very selective. I don't have a lot of friends, I have just a couple of really close friends. I hate parties and crowded places. I almost always feel like I don't fit in. If I see anyone in the streets that I recognize, I WILL hide or look the other way. But when it comes to dogs, I stop and say hi every chance I get.

> I like things my way, but as I've grown, I've learn to adapt a little bit.

- When I talk to people, I tend to analyze them instead of really trying to just be empathetic. And I compare myself to them all the time. I hate cocky superficial people and I have a thing for the underdogs.

- I tend to exagerate my feelings and take everything too seriously and personal, when I care. I like drama, and I tend to try to take everything out of proportion. I have to stop myself when I notice this.

- I am responsible, I HATE being late, I am an anxious person, I am moody, I am very romantic and very affectionate to those I love, only. I am organized with my time but kinda messy with my things.

Thanks, guys!!

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmmm, this is really vague.... I can see your enneatype showing but not your MBTI. I really only see Fi. Could you describe how you act when stressed and what calms you?

blueish

Sure! When I'm stressed, I am withdrawn, I talk back, I am defensive, I close down and ignore people. I over-analyze it and I talk about it tirelessly until I feel like someone understands and is on my side. That's what calms me, I guess.

blueish

Hmmm, this is really vague.... I can see your enneatype showing but not your MBTI. I really only see Fi. Could you describe how you act when stressed and what calms you?
Sure! When I'm stressed, I am withdrawn, I talk back, I am defensive, I close down and ignore people. I over-analyze it and I talk about it tirelessly until I feel like someone understands and is on my side. That's what calms me, I guess.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Possibly INFJ you show no thinker vibe to me.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Huh! I think that's pretty close. But can I be INFJ even if I'm not always looking or fighting for a cause? And I'm not soft-spoken.

I'm neither of those things

blueish

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

That sounds Ni-Ti. INFJ? Do you agree with INFJ type descriptions and the function stack?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I really doubt that, I am not extroverted at all.

Well, I don't know you. But I know Legion. And if Legion says you're ESFJ, well, then there's a reason for Legion saying ESFJ.

Why are you not at all extroverted? What makes you an introvert?

I see you talking about feelings, people, feelings, people... blah blah...?

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Maybe my judgement is clouded with my own typing situation and my general lack of understanding of Ni, but I see more Si-Ne than Ni-Se. But I'm also trying so hard to avoid dichotomy hell because, like you, that was how I first learned about MBTI.

Tell me, does your superego often tell you you're a horrible person because you made a mistake seven years ago that may or may not actually still be affecting you today, or does it make you feel exceptionally guilty because you're doing something dumb right now and it's not going to turn out well?
(More Knowledgeable People, did I do it right, or would this person's critical parent function be a Ji function instead?)

Another thing with MBTI using Jung Cognitive Functions (JCF) is that MBTI introversion and plain old social introversion are not the same things. You can be a social introvert and type ENFP (this particular case is actually pretty common). You can be a super extroverted wild party animal and be ISFP (also not that uncommon). Then there are social ambiverts, and they don't get their own special type. Online tests usually only look at social preference.

That being said, I still think you're ISxJ. Maybe ISTJ looping Si-Fi, maybe ISFJ with underdeveloped Fe. Not sure.

blueish

Well, I don't know you. But I know Legion. And if Legion says you're ESFJ, well, then there's a reason for Legion saying ESFJ.

Why are you not at all extroverted? What makes you an introvert?

I see you talking about feelings, people, feelings, people... blah blah...?
Well, I have a really hard time making friends. I'm not really that intetested in talking to people. I cannot make small talk. I am very introspective and I have a bigger world inside than outside. I am shy and I don't like going out very much. I'd much rather staying home. I haaaate parties and dislike crowded places.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Well, I have a really hard time making friends. I'm not really that intetested in talking to people. I cannot make small talk. I am very introspective and I have a bigger world inside than outside. I am shy and I don't like going out very much. I'd much rather staying home. I haaaate parties and dislike crowded places.

That sounds like Intuition. Not introversion.

Introversion is a lack of need for environmental stimulation. So if you don't even like talking to people, not because you're shy or have a hard time making small talk, but because you don't find communication particularly stimulating then it's introversion.

If you don't like parties, not because you're not that into sensual debauchery, but because you don't care much for environmental stimulation, then it's introversion.

etc.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=27560]Snickie[/MENTION], you have the right idea of critical parent, but this person has a differing critical parent function. The critical parent is the extroverted version of the aux, this person likely is an ISxJ making its critical parent either Fi or Ti.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm thinking IxFJ.