failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Default AGA is an INTP??

So yeah. I took the MBTI Step II test and it gave me INTP. I also had the little phone interview, and that pretty much sealed the deal.

My strongest preference was Intuition. Followed by Introversion. Followed by Perception. Finally followed by Thinking.

I am pretty much in shock over this. I mean, over the past year or two, I've come to think maybe I am really a T. And I've considered P this past couple of weeks. But to actually test as an INTP is shocking.

Is anyone else shocked? Or does this seem fitting for me?
    Last edited by AphroditeGoneAwry; 01-13-2015 at 01:16 PM.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

You're one of the least INTP people I've known. So yeah. Shocked, and I'd be surprised if it was correct.

Why do you think you scanned as an INTP on this Step II test? (I'm not surprised your Intuition came out as the highest, though.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

The closest one was thinking/feeling, so I discussed this with the consultant. I pretty much use my intuition to make decisions (because I go with my 'gut'), but other than that, I put objective criteria over people's feelings. I just use a lot of feeling at my work as a midwife, and a mom, so I think I tested more F all those years because that was my environment, more than who I actually was.

The next thing we delved into was what it means to be a judger versus a perceiver. I had bought into the notion that a perceiver was sort of lazy, a procrastinator, and didn't achieve much. He spoke to that being absolutely untrue. A perceiver just prefers to not lock in on plans, but to leave leeway for adaptation. This is exactly me. I do like to have a framework, and derive pleasure from planning things like vacation, but within that framework I like to keep things very loose, so that I can see what life brings. Leaving things open doesn't stress me out. Locking in to plans does. I am okay scheduling client visits, but even that can cause me stress worrying about having enough time for appts and what if something comes up that needs extra time?

But really my T/F and J/P are pretty close, and I am competent at both. It's just that my nature is to be TP. lol

I'm basically in shock. Still.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

I really don't see you as T. Most of your reasoning comes from your values (heart), not data or observations.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    The closest one was thinking/feeling, so I discussed this with the consultant. I pretty much use my intuition to make decisions (because I go with my 'gut'), but other than that, I put objective criteria over people's feelings. I just use a lot of feeling at my work as a midwife, and a mom, so I think I tested more F all those years because that was my environment, more than who I actually was.

The next thing we delved into was what it means to be a judger versus a perceiver. I had bought into the notion that a perceiver was sort of lazy, a procrastinator, and didn't achieve much. He spoke to that being absolutely untrue. A perceiver just prefers to not lock in on plans, but to leave leeway for adaptation. This is exactly me. I do like to have a framework, and derive pleasure from planning things like vacation, but within that framework I like to keep things very loose, so that I can see what life brings. Leaving things open doesn't stress me out. Locking in to plans does. I am okay scheduling client visits, but even that can cause me stress worrying about having enough time for appts and what if something comes up that needs extra time?

But really my T/F and J/P are pretty close, and I am competent at both. It's just that my nature is to be TP. lol

I'm basically in shock. Still.
    Which I think is appropriate. You should likely get a second opinion. You don't exhibit the level of detachment typical of a TP approach in terms of how you engage others. Your values approach doesn't come across as a learned behavior; it's actually when you respond in a more measured way that seems to be something you've learned and are applying.

I don't really see the things you're describing as being contradictory. ISFJs, for example, are pretty "objective" when it comes to sensory tasks and can exhibit a high degree of what some would misconstrue as Te-dom.

Likewise, perceiver types can sometimes be highly constructive; I agree with the guy there. Type A Ps, for example, will accomplish a great deal and have a plan. Only some combinations are procrastinating and accomplish little, it depends on many factors (including the blend of functions, and even upbringing and life experiences -- which can increase or diminish the amount of focused effort the P can make and the amount of focus exhibited).

There's a gray area in between extreme P and J that allows for a plan with some flex, so I don't think that says a great deal.

The "flex" stuff you are describing seems to be more a hallmark of N (which is a P-style function), which is why I said that part does not surprise me at all.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Mane liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I agree with Jennifer.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    I really don't see you as T. Most of your reasoning comes from your values (heart), not data or observations.
    How do you know how I reason?
    @Jennifer i'd post my results but they are a pdf file.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

This is the MBTI description of INTP.

This explains why I was able to fire my INFP long-term friend recently, and not feel any differently about our friendship (because it is an objective case of her not being qualified), but she now hates my guts (and shows it), whereas I behave just like I always did. This really did not cause me any remorse, as it might have an F type. I was slightly bummed because I care about her feelings, but I really wish she would just accept the fact that she is not cut out for this career.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    How do you know how I reason?
    @Jennifer i'd post my results but they are a pdf file.
    By reading numerous posts where you justify your opinions.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    By reading numerous posts where you justify your opinions.
    Hmm. That seems vague. Perhaps you should read the MBTI type description for INTP I just posted.

The consultant said sometimes personality forums tend to promulgate false type-related information.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com