User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is my type?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • INFJ

    2 15.38%
  • INTJ

    11 84.62%
First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 46

  1. #21
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    I hardly ever brainstorm.

    Pretty low Ne lol.
    INTJs have a strong shadow Ne too.

    Could you do this test and paste the results please?

    http://similarminds.com/test.html

  2. #22
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    3,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    INTJs have a strong shadow Ne too.

    Could you do this test and paste the results please?

    http://similarminds.com/test.html
    I think I can guess what is coming but let's see if you can surprise me.

    For the record, my Enneagram tritype is 6w7 3w4 1w9, though I am ambivalent about Enneagram as a system so don't have it in my sig anymore.

    Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||| 50%
    Type 2 Helpfulness |||||| 22%
    Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||||||| 74%
    Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||||||||| 74%
    Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||| 50%
    Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||||||||||||| 82%
    Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||||| 62%
    Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||| 58%
    Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||| 50%

  3. #23
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    I think I can guess what is coming but let's see if you can surprise me.

    For the record, my Enneagram tritype is 6w7 3w4 1w9, though I am ambivalent about Enneagram as a system so don't have it in my sig anymore.

    Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||| 50%
    Type 2 Helpfulness |||||| 22%
    Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||||||| 74%
    Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||||||||| 74%
    Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||| 50%
    Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||||||||||||| 82%
    Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||||| 62%
    Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||| 58%
    Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||| 50%
    6w7 3w4 8w9 1w9 = Te Fe or Fi Se Ni. You are either ENFJ or ENTJ. Why your 3w4 is so high that I don't know. Do you yearn to be respected\feared or revered\loved?

  4. #24
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Yes, I think that is what creates the confusion, my Fi is overdevaloped for an INTJ, and people are getting tripped up by that.
    What do you mean by overdeveloped?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

  5. #25
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    3,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    6w7 3w4 8w9 1w9 = Te Fe or Fi Se Ni. You are either ENFJ or ENTJ. Why your 3w4 is so high that I don't know. Do you yearn to be respected\feared or revered\loved?
    That seems like the most obvious question. Of course I want to be respected and loved by my family, my next girlfriend when I finally find her. These are pretty basic human desires - if you went out and asked 10 random people on the street whether they wanted to be respected and loved, 10 would say yes.

    I do kind of like the idea of people worshiping me after my death, but I haven't done anything to justify that quite yet

    This is why I dislike Enneagram though, and your method of approximating it with MBTI doesn't appeal either.

  6. #26
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    3,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    What do you mean by overdeveloped?
    I use Fi a lot more than an INTJ typically would. If you look in my signature, it is as developed as Ni.

    This doesn't mean I am an NFP (anyone who has communicated with me for long should pick up the J-ness!), just that I am vulnerable to Ni-Fi loops when i am stressed or tired.

  7. #27
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    That seems like the most obvious question. Of course I want to be respected and loved by my family, my next girlfriend when I finally find her. These are pretty basic human desires - if you went out and asked 10 random people on the street whether they wanted to be respected and loved, 10 would say yes.

    I do kind of like the idea of people worshiping me after my death, but I haven't done anything to justify that quite yet

    This is why I dislike Enneagram though, and your method of approximating it with MBTI doesn't appeal either.
    Enneagram points out compulsions. Do you feel extreme feelings when you are not revered or respected by others?

    Do you try to punish or get back at others when they don't do that? Are you competitive and want to end in top no matter what? Cause that's what that score implies.

  8. #28
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    3,380

    Default

    @yeghor I get very angry at the inverse - if if I am insulted and criticised about my work or something personal - but I don't expect to be revered. It would be nice to be respected but I understand you have to earn it.

    I am most competitive about my music, I never show my scores to anyone to prevent plagiarism for example. I feel that I have to be the best because I hate losing and besides, what else am I going to do. And deep down, I also know that I am the best, way more innately talented than my peers. But I need to prove it to myself, and also to show everyone that I can do great, special things other people can't. However I don't really try to punish people for not respecting me. I only do so if they insult and deride me.

    It has been suggested that I am just a shy ENTJ, but I thought that extroverts weren't very socially awkward.

  9. #29
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    3,380

    Default

    Allright I'm going to give this thread a kick, see if anyone is interested enough to continue the conversation and help me.

    If not...

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    spso
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Around someone I didn't know at all, I would be very nervous and fidgety. I would try not to look at them and wouldn't talk to them unless I had to. I am not sure what you mean by "rightness", but if you are talking about how I approach an issue, I tend to detach emotionally and go inside my head - when I see an essay question on the exam sheet for example, I look at it for half a second and just start writing. I hardly ever brainstorm. A structure naturally forms as I go along because the blueprints for making one are already there in my brain. The same goes with the music I hear in my head.

    Does this help at all?
    Around someone I didn't know at all, I would be very nervous and fidgety.
    Sounds like a young introvert. I was like this and to some extent still am but grew out of it around 25yo.

    I look at it for half a second and just start writing. I hardly ever brainstorm. A structure naturally forms as I go along because the blueprints for making one are already there in my brain. The same goes with the music I hear in my head.
    This was exactly how I was in college. I used to write a friend's paper who was terrible at writing, and he was kind of taken aback by the lack of latency in wording something. If I have interruptions (loud music/talking to me while I'm writing), it becomes diffuse. I didn't really spell that well, despite my larger-than-average vocabulary.

    I'd say this could be Ni, but whether it's Ti or Te for your 2nd/3rd function is unclear because I've seen an INFJ write beautifully in "5 minutes before the class," having the professor even use it as an example for the next term. Hers sounded way less technical and "beautiful" if that makes sense.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] Let's Get This Straight
    By Smilephantomhive in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-26-2016, 04:25 PM
  2. [Fi] How do you get in tune with yourself?
    By gretch in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 07-24-2016, 07:13 AM
  3. Let's try this again. Now with long questionnaires!
    By Nørrsken in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-10-2016, 03:37 PM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-06-2011, 09:49 AM
  5. [SP] LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!
    By stellar renegade in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 01:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO