User Tag List

First 646545556575866106156556 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Watching out, watching out!

Okay, if I had to guess the order of BlueWing's functions, they'd be Ti + Te + Si.

That's impossible according to Myers-Briggs. Or maybe Bluewing is just trying to extrovert Ti, and is coming up with limited success.

If BlueWing is an INTJ, where's Ni?
    in his vivid imagination that he's not showing us. He's all about playing the movies in his head, but the problem is that they're dumb 1950s movies. That's why what he pretends to describe about the real world sounds more like a scene from "The Honeymooners".

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Don't hurt me, Martoon.

(Just a sec on that request.)
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Don't hurt me, Martoon.

(Just a sec on that request.)
    :P

Quote Originally Posted by Martoon View Post
    This is an interesting discussion on INTPs and anger. Could one of the madmins be so kind as to split the relevant posts off into another thread? If you don't, I'll be really, really pissed. :steam:
    Fine!

Moved here, Dr. Banner.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    in his vivid imagination that he's not showing us. He's all about playing the movies in his head, but the problem is that they're dumb 1950s movies. That's why what he pretends to describe about the real world sounds more like a scene from "The Honeymooners".
    What?

...and your evidence is, "all the stuff in his head that we can't see... but I know it's in there."
    Interesting.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Enneagram
    1w2

Maverick, since when are you an ENFJ? Can we paint each other's toenails?

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Maverick, since when are you an ENFJ? Can we paint each other's toenails?
    Lovely

Since I finally realized that it didn't matter if I was "rational", I'm interested in people and relationships first and foremost!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Watching out, watching out!

Okay, if I had to guess the order of BlueWing's functions, they'd be Ti + Te + Si.

That's impossible according to Myers-Briggs. Or maybe Bluewing is just trying to extrovert Ti, and is coming up with limited success.
    It's only impossible in the archetype roles, but not in the strengths. Ideally, you would think the strengths would fall into the familiar order of Myers-Briggs, but the Cognitive Processes test suggests they can be in any different order. However, the archetypal roles will still be the same, and that's what those "places" (dom, aux, ter, etc) really are. Te will still be "oppositional" (5th place, and very "shadowy, associated with stress and requiring a lot of energy to use). Ne will still be "supporting" though there may be other functions apparently getting ahead of it in strength.

I'm wondering why again, people are saying BW lacks Ne. Someone may have mentioned it before, but I forgot.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Discussion about subjective/objective input differences across types moved to ... er ... the aptly named Subjective/Objective Input Differences Across Types.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I've made my case. I'm entirely confident that I'm not an INFP, even if I'm not an INTP(hence the INXP consideration).

I'm tired of this whole "don't feel bad about being an F" thing. It's like mistaking a straight-man for being gay, and then telling him not to worry about it. No, there's nothing wrong with being gay, but it's pretty annoying to have everyone think you're gay when you are not.

Putting my case so far aside, I'd point out that no MBTI test has ever made me an F. I've taken plenty, many several times, and I've never been an F.
    I've also done a great deal of reading on type descriptions. I've taken many different samples of that, and I've never found the INFP description more identifiable than the INTP one.

Aside from BlueWing's first ramble, and a few, small jabs from Nocapszy, no one else here has provided any comment other than me "seeming like an F" whatever that means. Again, I think it comes around to an emphasis on superficial, irrelevant qualities. Nor have you responded to my case.

And, more than me even being incorrectly perceived as an F, I'm taking objection to the idea that BlueWing has put together a great piece of work. It's just really long, not even as well presented as I would have made it, and mostly relies on completely misusing my words.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I've made my case. I'm entirely confident that I'm not an INFP, even if I'm not an INTP(hence the INXP consideration).

I'm tired of this whole "don't feel bad about being an F" thing. It's like mistaking a straight-man for being gay, and then telling him not to worry about it. No, there's nothing wrong with being gay, but it's pretty annoying to have everyone think you're gay when you are not.

Putting my case so far aside, I'd point out that no MBTI test has ever made me an F. I've taken plenty, many several times, and I've never been an F.
    I've also done a great deal of reading on type descriptions. I've taken many different samples of that, and I've never found the INFP description more identifiable than the INTP one.

Aside from BlueWing's first ramble, and a few, small jabs from Nocapszy, no one else here has provided any comment other than me "seeming like an F" whatever that means. Again, I think it comes around to an emphasis on superficial, irrelevant qualities. Nor have you responded to my case.

And, more than me even being incorrectly perceived as an F, I'm taking objection to the idea that BlueWing has put together a great piece of work.
    He has. You disagree because you don't like the outcome. You're attached to being a T.

It's just really long,
    Because it's rigorous... yours was long...
    not even as well presented as I would have made it, and mostly relies on completely misusing my words.
    He doesn't misuse your words at all...

Did you really even read his damn post? If you did, I'm guessing you were too aggravated or upset to pay enough attention to what he said.

For the record, I never said I think you're INFP. I think you're INFJ.

Lots of INFJs confuse themselves for INTPs. Ask SH.
    we fukin won boys