Results 5,521 to 5,530 of 7139

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Invincible View Post
    Go back and read my original response slowly and carefully, please.
    All I want is a simple, logical explaination as to why I am an type whatever with clear analysis and proof to back it up. Not hard, huh?
    okay, well, I scanned the bar tag on the back of your neck and it came out as ENTP, cuz that's what the scanner said.

hey, don't ask me, I just used to work here... damn computers...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes asynartetic, N/A liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I agree with this. @Captain_Invincible The issue may be that many people (myself included) don't know you very well.
    It's up to you to find out about me. It's up to you to crack open my shell.

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    Welcome to the juble.
    *JUBBBLEE!

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENtP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx

@Hard @uumlau

Couple th9oughts, on phone, can't elaborate mucch but

You'll know a 3 if they throw up a signature like mine, but unironically.

Trying to pin down an actual 3 on Facebook is next-to-impossible. Everybody on Facebook is narcissistic as hell.
    Perhaps nobody discusses what type you are because you put the entire burden on them? I know I would never be bothered with playing a guessing game.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes Evee, Hard, ceecee liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    Perhaps nobody discusses what type you are because you put the entire burden on them? I know I would never be bothered with playing a guessing game.
    Couldn't have said it better.
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Evee, Hard liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    @Hard @uumlau

Couple th9oughts, on phone, can't elaborate mucch but

You'll know a 3 if they throw up a signature like mine, but unironically.

Trying to pin down an actual 3 on Facebook is next-to-impossible. Everybody on Facebook is narcissistic as hell.
    Who filled out 2 pointless questionnaires? Exactly.
    Who has tried to get people to guess their type? Mhm.
    The whole point of Typology is discovery.

I think his frustration is coming from what he feels is a lack of any explanation from members suggesting he is ESFP. In fairness, it's pretty common for people to toss out typings without offering much explanation why. I'd be lying if I said I haven't been guilty of this in the past.
    Likes Captain_Invincible liked this post

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrash View Post
    I think his frustration is coming from what he feels is a lack of any explanation from members suggesting he is ESFP. In fairness, it's pretty common for people to toss out typings without offering much explanation why. I'd be lying if I said I haven't been guilty of this in the past.
    Yeah, that's been a common problem with typology discussions on this forum in the past. It kind of kills any discussion.
    I looked out this morning and the sun was gone
    Turned on some music to start my day
    I lost myself in a familiar song
    I closed my eyes and I slipped away

Visit my Johari: http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Expand more on the bolded please.

So...fight or flight? I feel like everyone deals with this - I do. But looking at this and the bolded, it sounds more like you constrain yourself when you think it might be detrimental to your image as a respectable person, or just your sense of integrity in general. I don't think 9s (and people with 9 influence) dislike rocking the boat for fear of social reprimands, but instead dislike having the comfort they've found settling into their sense of self disrupted.

Can you explain the gender roles thread then? To me it didn't seem like you were trying to react to anyone, but just to gas yourself up and talk about how socially admirable you are. Or anything else in your posts that involves flaunting your accomplishments - from your girlfriend to your business dinners or whatever it is you post in the picture thread. For the record I don't think flaunting accomplishments is a bad thing either - you know 7s love the limelight. An 8w9 though...I dunno.

Also I am obstinately Team Nico.

Okay...this seems NTJ>STJ to me.

Do you think these points contradict what an ESTJ would do? I personally don't, and I'm actually surprised @EJCC didn't bother to note that she also tries evolves her understanding after looking through past perspectives because I know she does. But I guess your main focus is on synthesizing internalized concepts rather than compartmentalizing each one into a certain impression. Also I discussed before how I've noticed people with a preference for Ni/Se have a certain edge to how they carry themselves that I don't see in people who prioritize Ne/Si, and you're one of the people who I would say has that edge. So does Nico.

Why's that? I still don't buy you as an 8, and I don't think I could ever not see you as someone polished and with self-restraint. But I doubt I'm going to change your self-perception (3s are another hard type to attribute a new label to ).
    I just lost a long response to this, but I'll summarize.

The gender norm thread was six years ago. I love to fight and this forum allows me to do that, intellectually of course. I don't get many opportunities to face opponents in daily life any more, and this forum provides an outlet for that. More than that though, I like feeling like custar (sic?) at little big horn, surrounded, outmanned and outgunned. It forces me to come with the best version of my argument, although it has also made me more of a hair trigger poster than I might otherwise be. I found smart people here who were overwhelmingly liberal. Sharpening myself against them would help strengthen me ideological positions.

I care about the rules because I want to rewrite them. I want my environment to be a product of me. Success for me is about power, I want others to dance to my tune not me to theirs. In order to have access, to be a player, one must learn to fit in. You can be an outsider and keep your hands clean and enjoy preening moral superiority, or you can get your hands dirty and try to change the system. I'm getting my hands dirty and working for change. I was sitting in office hours with my crim law professor one day and told him that I don't want to litigate these laws... they're dumb laws. I'd rather write better ones. That is what it is all about for me, I'm never happy sitting in a system I could make better, and the only way for me to do that is to play the game. I'm only now figuring out how to play the game more by my rules than theirs. How to remain true to the group and true to yourself without compromising either.

A three would never be as angry as I am. Angry isn't something someone or some external event makes me. I am angry, I embody it always. At the same time I'm lazy and like harmony. There's nothing that bothers me more than upsetting the apple cart socially. I'm the last to ball my first because of my strong nine wing. I can also be quite lazy because of it when not motivated. It's why I would rather come to agreement, than force what I think the world should be on others. It's why I'm one of the no drama guys on the non profit boards of directors Im on. When everyone else is too busy worrying about how big their sandbox, and how much of a swinging dick they are, I care more about getting it done. I'm chill as fuck IRL. And can be quite the homebody. But I also eventually get stir crazy and have to get out and meet people and best opponents. Yours is such a limited perspective on who I am (not saying that you don't have the capacity to see, but that I only show you so much) that it's funny the conclusions you draw from it.

Only those who've been here with me for a while and have really interacted with me see who I am. I'm actually much less of an ass than I appear to be, but I like to hide it. It knocks people off guard when they see the real me.

Also I'm not well versed in the functions, and as such didn't know how to most effectively dispel your assertions.

Anyway thats enough of a ramble.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so
    Likes EJCC liked this post

No, that's your job.

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENtP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx

Who has tried to get people to guess their type? Mhm.
    Hold the phone. What's this? Are you looking for guesses or for an evaluation?

In the first case, you're doing fine and I'd totally recant my very first sentence. If other people care to guess, I'm not going to stop them.

In the second case, you could at least (a) link to your questionnaires and (b) not explicitly tell other people that the burden is on them.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics