User Tag List

Page 48 of 688 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148548 ... LastLast

Thread: Mistyped TypeCentral Members

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    ESFJ?
    We usually have a million things to do. Like criticize people IRL.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Senior Member Array nottaprettygal's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I'd be amazed if you are ISTJ. It's not for any great "intuitive" reason (either by me, or visible in you) but simply because you are nothing like the confirmed three ISTJs I know IRL. It just feels... alien.
    Thanks Geoff. . . although I suspect that whole post was actually a veiled insult.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    Thanks Geoff. . . although I suspect that whole post was actually a veiled insult.
    Seems to be pretty common around these parts to type people we don't like as SJ.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Welcome to Sunnyside Array Mondo's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    ESFJ?
    Interesting..
    INTP under stress will often act ESFJ-ish, I think..
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Captain obvious here, stating that BlueWing is fucking hardcore.

Thank goodness his posts aren't part of a structured class, 'cause there's no way in hell I'd pass the quiz...

On that note, BW- Can you make use of the QUOTE tags in your posts when quoting others? (e.g. not only when you're replying to an actual post, but when you're composing one which references text from another person) It makes things a bit more readable.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

Senior Member Array nottaprettygal's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Seems to be pretty common around these parts to type people we don't like as SJ.
    Agreed. Although I like learning more about myself, so if there is an honest outside perspective, I'm willing to ponder it.

Doesn't Read Your Posts Array Haight's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Maybe. But when I do it, I'm serious. Plus, there's no one on the sites that I don't "like." They're mostly just internet persona's, and I won't profess to like or dislike someone unless I actually know them or come to the realization that the persona IS the person.

I don't purposely mistype people. I do, however, phrase things as a tease when I know someone is one type while they want/think they are another.

I mean, this IS an MBTI site and I don't want people to live a lie.

MBTI. . . Serious business!
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

He pronks, too! Array Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Okay, I'm back.

And having actually looked at the whole posts, I'm not enthused. Correcting all of this is going to be like untangling a slinky.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Okay... I've decided that the best approach will be for me to respond in a general way, rather than attempting to reply point by point to BlueWing's... shall we call it, thesis. I imagine that anyone that's interested my opinion on this will appreciate the comparative clearness, simplicity, and brevity.

I'd also like to note that I'm doing this in multitple posts.

First post:

I can clean out a large part of BlueWing's argument rather quickly. Every point based on my vocabulary is irrelavent.

That I happened to say "right" instead of "true", or you use a would like "disgusted" is very little to do with my point, or my rationale, in any given situation. So do most of his comments about my form. Plain and simply, vocabulary and style don't have anything to do with type. If they did, it sure would be easier to figure out what type authors, huh? Unfortunately, we can't just open book, read few pages, and figure out if the author is ISTP or ENTJ, because, these things have nothing to do with type.

I have here, an entry from a Thesaurus.

Main Entry: right
    Part of Speech: adjective
    Synonyms: accurate, advantageous, appropriate, auspicious, condign, consistent, correct, deontic, dexter, dextral, dextrorse, equitable, ethical, favorable, fortunate, honest, inalienable, just, kosher, lawful, legitimate, opportune, orthodox, proper, reasonable, relevant, rightful, seemly, suitable, timely, true

Would you look at that? Right and True are synonyms. That's just one example, but I think I need to show more. You get the picture. If BlueWing continues to make a point of this wording, then he will be guilty of the fallacy of equivocation, as he would be deceptive about the intended meaning of words that have multiple denoted meanings.

I'm just getting started. There will be more.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Here's another one.

Emotional expression does not make someone a Feeler. For the a millionth time on this forum, F and T don't have much to do with superificial emotions. F and T regard the kind of rationale we use for making value judgement.

Someone could, in fact, make a Thinking style value judgement while expressing a great deal of emotion, and someone can just as well make a Feeling style value judgement while expressing no emotion.

Now, to address those situations where I dealt with Captain Chick's argument with BlueWing, Digestthesickness and discussing psychology, and Kiddo's farewell respectively.

My expression of feeling type values to reason with others is not necessarily indicative of the notion that I believe those values are the strongest reasons. Surely, BlueWing, you have heard of the appeal to Pathos. This habit of mine is indeed a LEARNED habit. I was just explaining earlier today that years ago I was substantially less in touch with feelings, my own and others. I opened up to them more because I found that being disconnected from Feelings is extremely problematic. You have experienced first hand what happens when you try to persuade people, especially Feelers, without actually appealing to feelings yourself. It goes horribly, almost every time. I'm a utilitarian, I like getting results, so I look for ways to get them. So, on that note, I'd say it was actually rather logical for me to start understanding and utilizing Feelings.

In the case of my discussion with digestthesickness, your misenterpretation was very simple. You made it sound like I was expressing my epistemological opinion on what the truth was, but I was not. I was explaining a common psychological tendency for human beings attempting to handle inconvenient truths. I didn't believe that it was an accurate description of what the truth actually is. Quite the contrary, I was describing what I considered a minor and common form of psychosis. I concede, I may have been unclear by simply saying "people" when I should have more frequently specified that I only meant "most people".

As for Kiddo's farewell, I was in fact using feeling based persuasion to achieve mostly feeling driven ends. Oh the humanity.

I hardly think, such a regularly human level of feeling based concern, gaurantees that I'm over the border and officially a "Feeler". What would you have me do? Act like Dr. Spock? The whole topic was an entirely personal one. There was very little logical debate to be had. It wouldn't have made practical sense for me to enter the topic babbling like a computer.

Never the less, there are even practical, I say logical reasons for that. It's problematic to have people heavily disrespecting and attacking other people, so I try to stop it. It's also rational to secure ones own standings in a community by making feeling based contributions.

Here's another one.

Emotional expression does not make someone a Feeler. For the a millionth time on this forum, F and T don't have much to do with superificial emotions. F and T regard the kind of rationale we use for making value judgement.

Someone could, in fact, make a Thinking style value judgement while expressing a great deal of emotion, and someone can just as well make a Feeling style value judgement while expressing no emotion.

Now, to address those situations where I dealt with Captain Chick's argument with BlueWing, Digestthesickness and discussing psychology, and Kiddo's farewell respectively.

My expression of feeling type values to reason with others is not necessarily indicative of the notion that I believe those values are the strongest reasons. Surely, BlueWing, you have heard of the appeal to Pathos. This habit of mine is indeed a LEARNED habit. I was just explaining earlier today that years ago I was substantially less in touch with feelings, my own and others. I opened up to them more because I found that being disconnected from Feelings is extremely problematic. You have experienced first hand what happens when you try to persuade people, especially Feelers, without actually appealing to feelings yourself. It goes horribly, almost every time. I'm a utilitarian, I like getting results, so I look for ways to get them. So, on that note, I'd say it was actually rather logical for me to start understanding and utilizing Feelings.

In most of the instances you point out, it was logical to understand and utilize feelings. Yes... it was logical to understand and utilize feelings. This bares its repeating. Think about that very carefully, because you need to.

A big problem for you, BlueWing, is that you don't understand two valuable facts about Feeling. 1: the point I already made about it not having to do with superficial emotional expression. And 2: That its presence does not compromise Thinking in any way. Feeling based judgment, and Thinking based Judgment, can be used in a perfectly compatible, non-dichotomous way. I would have thougth someone that stud the cognitive processes so much would know these things.
    Go to sleep, iguana.