• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do him, would you?

redacted

Well, actually, I think I'm being quite the hypocrite as I'm not even sure of my own type. I've always tested as INTJ (even when I took my very first test years ago). Why do I doubt, then? For once, I'm not very ambitious, don't have a clear sense of what to do with my life, I'm quite the slacker, I never really make plans other than a general mental picture in my mind, etc. Despite this, anyone who knows me would say I'm quite an orderly person and not very impulsive. I'm also not comfortable with chaos, impulsiveness, uncertainty, not knowing what's going to happen, etc - I just don't tend to make plans myself. I would settle for INTX if I could, but the J/P dichotomy means the cognitive functions are totally reversed either way.

This may sound ridiculous, but I've been going around for a long time now thinking about this constantly. I find it difficult to concentrate on anything else as my mind is always into this MBTI-mode, just churning out possibilities with no definite answers that will hold up to scrutiny, completely oblivious to my outside world. It really irritates me to no end not being able to definitely label myself. I need to know. I need a label I can call myself by. Just having a label (even though MBTI-classifications don't mean shit in the real world) would bring peace of mind and allow me to move on to other matters. I almost wish I'd never even heard of MBTI, as then I wouldn't have had these maddening questions on my mind.

For your pleasure, I retook the cognitive assessment test. Ne and Te are pretty much equal as well as Ni and Ti (with a slight emphasiz on Ti). Fi is the strongest of the remaining functions (I'm quite idealistic - tertiary function INTJ?) with Fe being the weakest (Not comfortable showing emotion - inferior function INTP?). Si is slightly more emphasized than Se.

The above really goes either way, depending on how you want to see it. My need for closure is what indicates INTJ, but my inability to reach a conclusion in this particular matter is what stays my hand. Somehow the INTP profile at INTP Central resonates with me (though I suspect this would be the case with all INT:s, and also because that particular profile was the most detailed I've ever read - no other INTJ profiles come anywhere near).

Again, exactly like me. It is hard to admit, but I am not really interested in finding out the truth, but rather in being right. After all, the truth is what we make it. Reality is irrelevant, a mere arena for proving ideas, and I think this would be the case with your friend also. Am I right in this?

As I said, I have nothing except my own subjective opinion/intuition to go by (which I'm sure no one would find convincing, anyway). Your friend strikes me as a "cultivated" person, which in my experience isn't really the stereotypical image of the INTP but rather that of the INTJ.

Damn it, this would have made a great "What's my Type?" thread opener. I apologize for spilling over my own concerns unto your thread like this.

you sound like an INTJ

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
I suspected INTJ. But once I read this, I was more confident in that suspicion because not only do I have these traits, but I found it curious that you labeled most of them negative ;)

Those were his words, not mine. :)

Thanks everyone, for weighing in. JILebedev, no worries on a bit of a thread hijack.

If I could conclude the votes:

xNTx : 1 vote (blackmail)
xNTP: 2 votes (Carebear, Dom)
INFJ: 3.5 votes (Ivy, nightning, 1 anon voter, SH who changed his mind - Fe in action? :D )
INTJ: 8.5 votes (FM, dissonance, Ishida, elfin, tovlo, sarcasticus, JILebedev, 1 anon voter, remaining 1/2 SH)

invalidated votes:
"It's me": 1 vote (JJJ)
"dom male": 1 vote (Edahn)

Looks like INTJ for the win. I wonder if he could accept that. :D

I have to say Carebear, Dom, Ivy, nightning, anon and 1/2 SH were pretty perceptive though. He tested INFJ growing up.

Regardless, thanks to everyone for weighing in, much appreciated. :)

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
perhaps the schist isn't so much ENTP vs INTJ then, but Fe/Te in action. which would explain the 'torn apart' scenario. Of feeling too much, and knowing it, which isn't quite INTJ...natural Fe subsumed beneath Te, which forces action on behalf of the subsumed nature.

ie, INFJ with learnt Te behaviour as second nature; learnt so well it appears first. So halfway between both worlds, within.

in stress situations then, the behaviour would be that of the INFJ shadow; atavism, to shadow of the original state.

come to think of it, it's the stress reaction upon which you're likelier to find the real person. So for mister paramour ( :D ), under stress, does he hide out for a couple of days and go totally sensate into the vices, in a rage of emotions, or is he spurred into doing things, and detaching?

:popc1:

Atomic Fiend

I have to say Carebear, Dom, Ivy, nightning, anon and 1/2 SH were pretty perceptive though. He tested INFJ growing up.

Regardless, thanks to everyone for weighing in, much appreciated. :)

No problem. Fence sitting is what I do best.

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
no. i'm just offering Possibilities. :D

then again, by my system, i wouldn't have typed him as one of the Court Cards (the dual-element thing). he'd be Major Arcana. ie, the ones who have 'evolved' from basic type. That means they're the mutables in my system. One of three majors possible, usually. Wildcat is a Major. for instance.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Looks like INTJ for the win. I wonder if he could accept that. :D

I think that rather, the question is whether YOU could accept that. :coffee:

Edit: There's just no way for me to write a serious post with this bewigged avatar looking at me.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think that rather, the question is whether YOU could accept that. :coffee:

Edit: There's just no way for me to write a serious post with this bewigged avatar looking at me.

Yes, I would accept it, because it'd mean there's hope for killing my bias afterall, and the bad ones I've met are merely the unhealthy ones of the type.

That was a wig? I thought you were really blond, my cherrycheeks! :D