User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Type the n00b

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    16

    Wink Type the n00b

    Hello, all. This is my first thread (aside from my intro) so please don’t be too harsh, I’m still learning the ropes around here. I’ve been interested in type for a couple of months now and despite having a fair understanding of cognitive function, I’m still a bit stumped about my own type. I think it’s difficult for anyone to provide a truly objective description of themselves but I have done my best.

    -I tend to freak out if I think that I will be late to a class, appointment or…anything, really.
    -In the past, I have been told that I am too concerned with the opinions of others and I do too much people-pleasing. Not that I can’t draw the line between being adaptable and considerate, and allowing myself to be taken advantage of, but sometimes I let people get away with too much.
    -In my daily life I am fairly reserved, modest, and quiet (shy) but once I open up to someone I have no reservations about being absolutely candid.
    -I place a lot of value on honesty and intention. If you wrong me but you meant well I will be okay with it, but if I think your intentions are crappy, well basically we’re done. Also, I know that everyone lies but anything other than the occasional white lie is really a deal-breaker.
    -I like to analyze situations from a myriad of different perspectives before forming an opinion about something (if forming an opinion is even appropriate within the context of the situation). I think that understanding a situation thoroughly is more valuable than passing judgments. This however does not mean that I won’t give constructive feedback when necessary.
    -I can be a bit of a perfectionist. I will admit that sometimes it becomes a bit excessive :/ Ironically, I’m not a complete neat freak at home but I do like to keep my home fairly organized (I didn’t say tidy…just an organized mess ).
    -I’m fairly sure that I am an introvert because social settings tend to drain me.
    -I am generally very compassionate towards people in need and enjoy helping others.
    -On my off days I become bitter, snippy and sarcastic. I also tend to just stay home on these days and try not to interact with anyone because these times are usually accompanied by a bad case of verbal diarrhea.
    -I am not a leader per se, but I think I have leadership potential.
    -I am not extremely social, I keep to myself a lot and don’t seek out or start conversations. People say that I come off as aloof because I usually don’t follow what’s going on around me and in conversation. I sometimes phrase things not so well when speaking with others. I need a lot of time to develop my ideas.
    -I over-analyze things frequently. It looks like I am absent minded when I am really lost in thought.

    I hope all of this is pertinent lol. I tend to ramble from time to time. Please fill me in if I’m missing anything that’s really key. Tia for your responses and insights.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Mitsuko Souma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp
    Socionics
    LIE
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapose View Post
    Hello, all. This is my first thread (aside from my intro) so please don’t be too harsh, I’m still learning the ropes around here. I’ve been interested in type for a couple of months now and despite having a fair understanding of cognitive function, I’m still a bit stumped about my own type. I think it’s difficult for anyone to provide a truly objective description of themselves but I have done my best.

    -I tend to freak out if I think that I will be late to a class, appointment or…anything, really.
    -In the past, I have been told that I am too concerned with the opinions of others and I do too much people-pleasing. Not that I can’t draw the line between being adaptable and considerate, and allowing myself to be taken advantage of, but sometimes I let people get away with too much.
    -In my daily life I am fairly reserved, modest, and quiet (shy) but once I open up to someone I have no reservations about being absolutely candid.
    -I place a lot of value on honesty and intention. If you wrong me but you meant well I will be okay with it, but if I think your intentions are crappy, well basically we’re done. Also, I know that everyone lies but anything other than the occasional white lie is really a deal-breaker.
    -I like to analyze situations from a myriad of different perspectives before forming an opinion about something (if forming an opinion is even appropriate within the context of the situation). I think that understanding a situation thoroughly is more valuable than passing judgments. This however does not mean that I won’t give constructive feedback when necessary.
    -I can be a bit of a perfectionist. I will admit that sometimes it becomes a bit excessive :/ Ironically, I’m not a complete neat freak at home but I do like to keep my home fairly organized (I didn’t say tidy…just an organized mess ).
    -I’m fairly sure that I am an introvert because social settings tend to drain me.
    -I am generally very compassionate towards people in need and enjoy helping others.
    -On my off days I become bitter, snippy and sarcastic. I also tend to just stay home on these days and try not to interact with anyone because these times are usually accompanied by a bad case of verbal diarrhea.
    -I am not a leader per se, but I think I have leadership potential.
    -I am not extremely social, I keep to myself a lot and don’t seek out or start conversations. People say that I come off as aloof because I usually don’t follow what’s going on around me and in conversation. I sometimes phrase things not so well when speaking with others. I need a lot of time to develop my ideas.
    -I over-analyze things frequently. It looks like I am absent minded when I am really lost in thought.

    I hope all of this is pertinent lol. I tend to ramble from time to time. Please fill me in if I’m missing anything that’s really key. Tia for your responses and insights.
    Perhaps INTJ: Ni-Te-Fi-Se (with a fairly developed Fi)?

  3. #3
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    My instinct is I s f j not sure why yet.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  4. #4
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    My instinct is I s f j not sure why yet.
    The tone this I can see; the facts I am not inclined to agree. As for what you are to me I can see INTJ being plausible.

    On the other hand.

    I think developed Fi is somewhat of a cop-out and aloofness can be caused by introversion in general.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Good example of an INFJ if I ever saw one.

    Also, welcome to the forums

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    16

    Default

    I've tested INFJ, INFP, INTJ and ENFJ (in order of frequency). I'm somewhat skeptical about the accuracy of it (although I identify most with INFJ) because of the over-representation of this type among various forums, but I'm beginning to question the statistical data itself (along with the effectiveness of online testing). I'm sure these are topics of discussion that have been frequently chewed over. Also, Ni is relatively difficult to identify in action, so there's that
    Last edited by Juxtapose; 04-20-2012 at 09:14 PM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapose View Post
    Hello, all. This is my first thread (aside from my intro) so please don’t be too harsh, I’m still learning the ropes around here. I’ve been interested in type for a couple of months now and despite having a fair understanding of cognitive function, I’m still a bit stumped about my own type. I think it’s difficult for anyone to provide a truly objective description of themselves but I have done my best.

    -I tend to freak out if I think that I will be late to a class, appointment or…anything, really.
    -In the past, I have been told that I am too concerned with the opinions of others and I do too much people-pleasing. Not that I can’t draw the line between being adaptable and considerate, and allowing myself to be taken advantage of, but sometimes I let people get away with too much.
    -In my daily life I am fairly reserved, modest, and quiet (shy) but once I open up to someone I have no reservations about being absolutely candid.
    -I place a lot of value on honesty and intention. If you wrong me but you meant well I will be okay with it, but if I think your intentions are crappy, well basically we’re done. Also, I know that everyone lies but anything other than the occasional white lie is really a deal-breaker.
    -I like to analyze situations from a myriad of different perspectives before forming an opinion about something (if forming an opinion is even appropriate within the context of the situation). I think that understanding a situation thoroughly is more valuable than passing judgments. This however does not mean that I won’t give constructive feedback when necessary.
    -I can be a bit of a perfectionist. I will admit that sometimes it becomes a bit excessive :/ Ironically, I’m not a complete neat freak at home but I do like to keep my home fairly organized (I didn’t say tidy…just an organized mess ).
    -I’m fairly sure that I am an introvert because social settings tend to drain me.
    -I am generally very compassionate towards people in need and enjoy helping others.
    -On my off days I become bitter, snippy and sarcastic. I also tend to just stay home on these days and try not to interact with anyone because these times are usually accompanied by a bad case of verbal diarrhea.
    -I am not a leader per se, but I think I have leadership potential.
    -I am not extremely social, I keep to myself a lot and don’t seek out or start conversations. People say that I come off as aloof because I usually don’t follow what’s going on around me and in conversation. I sometimes phrase things not so well when speaking with others. I need a lot of time to develop my ideas.
    -I over-analyze things frequently. It looks like I am absent minded when I am really lost in thought.

    I hope all of this is pertinent lol. I tend to ramble from time to time. Please fill me in if I’m missing anything that’s really key. Tia for your responses and insights.
    That all says INFJ to me.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapose View Post
    I've tested INFJ, INFP, INTJ and ENFJ (in order of frequency). I'm somewhat skeptical about the accuracy of it (although I identify most with INFJ) because of the over-representation of this type among various forums, but I'm beginning to question the statistical data itself (along with the effectiveness of online testing). I'm sure these are topics of discussion that have been frequently chewed over. Also, Ni is relatively difficult to identify in action, so there's that
    Ignore the tests, they're for the most part completely unreliable.

  9. #9
    Honor Thy Inferior Such Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    5,091

    Default

    I think INFJ is most likely, 2nd choice would be ISFJ.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne




  10. #10
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Ignore the tests, they're for the most part completely unreliable.
    Don't ignore the tests, accept them as evidence. But the results have to be verified through studying type descriptions. It's always been that way and I don't see why anything should have to change in this.

    The "n00b's" self-description clearly shows INFJ. When I read "In the past, I have been told that I am too concerned with the opinions of others and I do too much people-pleasing," among other things, I don't see how anybody can get other than F out of that. I realize that everybody is into function analysis, so I have to call it Fe. But Jung also analyzed "feeling in general" and few people here seem to realize that.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Similar Threads

  1. Type the Star Trek Characters
    By Dark Razor in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 05-29-2014, 11:02 AM
  2. Hey all. Type the n00b.
    By Front242 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-15-2011, 05:05 PM
  3. Typing the US and England
    By Xander in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-29-2008, 07:45 AM
  4. Type the mouse
    By nightning in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 06:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO