User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type should I consider?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5, and work out your own wing

0 0%
  • 5w4

0 0%
  • 5w6

0 0%
  • 6, and loyal like

0 0%
  • 6w5

0 0%
  • 6w7

0 0%
  • 7, and bouncyflouncy like tigger

4 25.00%
  • 7w6

1 6.25%
  • 7w8

1 6.25%
  • 8, and in control

0 0%
  • 8w7

1 6.25%
  • 8w9

0 0%
  • 9, and surfing life

3 18.75%
  • 9w8

6 37.50%
  • 9w1

1 6.25%
  • 10, you surpass enneagram

3 18.75%
  • 1, 2, 3 or 4

1 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 4121314

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Ok, so I saw this topic like 6 hours ago and started reading it and then reading some more and watching your vid and some of the videos linked and oh boy can I relate to all of that.

In fact I'm in a very similar spot as you are.
    My 7 and 9 traits always come very close when I do the Enneagramm with 8 being the runner up and all the stuff that you write about being relaxed and inactive resemble so hard, that it almost hurts to read this.

As you I haven't really figured out what type I'm really am, as I have both tendencies to 7 and 9 and can't nail it down.

I'm going to watch those 1 hour long videos on 7 and 9 that have been posted earlier this evening and get back to this thread eventually when I have some more insight.

Sorry, this is probably not really useful to you, but it sure as hell is for me, so thanks for starting!
    When I get sad I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Video Challenge Question Video
    Race: Werepire
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    7w8 sx>so>sp
    Give me an E! E
    Give me a N! N
    Give me a T! T
    Give me a P! P
    What's that? Yeah right, that's me!

Always expect the unexpected! - Terry Pratchett

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxkom View Post
    Ok, so I saw this topic like 6 hours ago and started reading it and then reading some more and watching your vid and some of the videos linked and oh boy can I relate to all of that.

In fact I'm in a very similar spot as you are.
    My 7 and 9 traits always come very close when I do the Enneagramm with 8 being the runner up and all the stuff that you write about being relaxed and inactive resemble so hard, that it almost hurts to read this.

As you I haven't really figured out what type I'm really am, as I have both tendencies to 7 and 9 and can't nail it down.

I'm going to watch those 1 hour long videos on 7 and 9 that have been posted earlier this evening and get back to this thread eventually when I have some more insight.

Sorry, this is probably not really useful to you, but it sure as hell is for me, so thanks for starting!
    Coolness.

I took Udogs advice and tried E9 on for size seeing how I could fit with other self-typed 9s and ultimately I have figured out that even though many E7s are ENTPs and I can relate to them on a number of levels, the way that I can relate to E9s, who are by and large not ENTPs, is a lot more raw and hits on deeper (unspoken) motivations of mine while the way I relate to ENTP E7s is no different to how I relate to ENTP E3s, or E8s, or E6s etc. The more time that goes on the less I'm able to consider E7 as a serious option for my primary Etype. Naturally leaving options open is part of both ENTP and E9 so being decisive here is tough for me but I'll cringe, be brave and say E9 is where it's at. [that is quite seriously very difficult for me to commit to, even though I know it's honest]

E7 for me is half who I want to be, and half mistaken identity by E9 projection of happy-go-lucky as an avoidance of anything heavy tactic.

What I found most helpful, which may help you, was:

• Putting it out there, feedback is something I need in order to be able to clarify my thoughts on things, ultimately I'm the only one who will make a decision, but I can be influenced relatively easily to consider different pov's, and I find that helpful. On that note, feel free to use this thread for your own purposes.

• Interacting with other self-typed ENTP E9s, there's no guarantee anyone is correctly typed but interacting with someone who identifies the same way, which is non-stereotypical, was helpful to see aspects that may or may not be related to being an E9. With one ENTP E9 in particular it was like I was talking to myself, only I was a nearly married chick living in Texas who can grow my own vegetables =/

• Noting how I did and did not identify with other ENTPs. Here I've identified with many ENTPs in how they view life and problems, but with the exception of Redcheerio, normally not how they express themselves. I care entirely too much with upsetting or offending someone, and not because I care about their feelings as much as I care about not causing conflict. When I do occasionally post something that I know someone may be offended by it is not uncommon for me to avoid the place where I have posted it for days dreading a hostile response. I will quite literally avoid an entire forum if I suspect someone may post something hostile in response to something I've said. This is so very much not normal for an ENTP.

• These sites that were linked in E7 or E9 for the fears and desires at both healthy and unhealthy levels. I cannot honestly identify with E7 on anything but a surface level, so while my behaviour may look the same, it's not caused but the same motivators.

• Plus of course, trying it on for size as in reading E9 descriptions and seeing it as reading a description of me and seeing how I could fit, and interacting and relating with others as a self-identified E9.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    In terms of inner peace: I somewhat struggle with figuring out what that means to me, as it has a strong association with E9 I don't know where confirmation bias starts and ends. It's not something I've thought about before so whatever the case it's not a conscious and named thought to seek it. This does not mean it's not important to me, I just can't figure out what importance I place on it.

In terms of outer peace: If I am able to compel change and create peace I will, if I am not I will leave. I want everyone to get along but know that is not realistic, so if people choose to be disharmonious I do not want to be around it.

With either: Give me an option to pick between "fun" and "peace" and I'll pick fun every time but if you give me the option of one and not the other such as "fun and chaotic/disharmony" or "peace and boring/static" I'll chose the latter. Boredom isn't something I have an issue with, I simply have a preference for fun, disharmony is something I have an issue with.
    Numbing out however is something I strongly relate to, I've always done that whenever something I don't want to deal with crops up, rather than facing it like a responsible grownd-up person would, or distracting myself with action like an E7 would, I numb myself, shut out the world and think irrelevant happy thoughts, kinda like the kid who covers his eyes and says "you can't see me cause I can't see you".

This kind of avoidance of reality ultimately creates more problems which is why I'm very aware of my inclination for this behaviour. I want things to go away without me having to look at them. That's not the way life works.

This has always been my reaction to unpleasantness. When I'm in a good space, and it doesn't seem overwhelming and/or I feel supported I can be very proactive in seeking the change I want, but if I'm stressed and feel overwhelmed prepare for me to disappear into a cocoon with a unaffected smile on my face. Even if facing reality is a simple thing and I know that understanding the worst case scenario will at the least relieve the stress of wondering what may happen, I'll still avoid and stick to being numb. And kick myself even as I'm continuing to do it.
    In neither of these responses do you mention anger, yet it is the key to both.

If you were to describe your relationship with anger, what terms would you use?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    In neither of these responses do you mention anger, yet it is the key to both.

If you were to describe your relationship with anger, what terms would you use?
    AAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH! *run*

*ahem* [composure regained] I mean, it is the emotion I am most NOT ok with. I can't handle it in myself and freak out a bit when it happens asking myself how and why and believing that it's not ok or acceptable that I experience it (although I mostly and likely erroneously believe that I don't experience it) and it is the emotion that if shown in others will cause me to never trust you again and get the hell away from you. I have a major issue with anger. Ma-ha-jor. =/ I think it's the thing that has most made me realise the E9 in me. If I could wipe out one emotion in the world, just one out of anything, anger would be it, and for selfish reasons, I can't handle it.

Seeing anger in others causes anxiety in me, and I am not an anxious person. I feel unable to cope with it, overwhelmed, and my instinct is to run if I can, tune out if I can't.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

oooh interesting! anger hardly phases me...that's probably a very good differentiation.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Ok, for me it is def. 9w8.

After talking about this alot more with my wife (who is quite experienced with the enneagramm) we had a close look at my test results.

7 and 9 both come up regularly very high above the others, but very close to each other so that there can be no real distinction be made.

In normal situations when everything is running fine I have both the positive traits of the 7 and the 9. Being very fun to be around and just overall awesome.

So we thought about my behaviour when getting pressured and BAM there it was, the typical 9 becoming passive and trying to avoid conflict at all cost.

So that is clear for me now.

Time to recognize that behaviour now and act on it.

Now I only need to finally decide if I'm really ENTP or any other EXXP combination
    When I get sad I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Video Challenge Question Video
    Race: Werepire
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    7w8 sx>so>sp
    Give me an E! E
    Give me a N! N
    Give me a T! T
    Give me a P! P
    What's that? Yeah right, that's me!

Always expect the unexpected! - Terry Pratchett

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx