User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Curious Again

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

What are you doing when you feel most like "yourself"?

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    I don't find your results too unusual. Perhaps you have a weak J preference. Your results would fit for both NTJ and NTP, though slightly better for NTJ. Anyways, I agree that the function tests aren't perfect, which is why I'm not relying on that alone. However, considering my weak T preference, the results I got are actually quite accurate.
    The thing is I am ENFJ but I understand what you are getting at. Do you think your INTP then? Do you relate to Jonnyboy (4w5), talullah or jennifer (both seem like f/t balanced INTP)? or do you relate more to udog, orangeappled, scottndenver (more t/f balanced INFPs)?

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    The thing is I am ENFJ but I understand what you are getting at.
    Oh, really? Okay, now I see what you meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Do you think your INTP then? Do you relate to Jonnyboy (4w5), talullah or jennifer (both seem like f/t balanced INTP)? or do you relate more to udog, orangeappled, scottndenver (more t/f balanced INFPs)?
    Overall, I do seem more INTP. Unfortunately, I haven't really been here long enough to tell how well I relate to other members. In general, however, I feel like I relate more to people who share my enneatype than to people who share my mbti type, and since 4's are usually INFP's, that means I relate more to INFP's. Though I'm not sure if the same would be true in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    What are you doing when you feel most like "yourself"?
    Hmmm...I'm not sure. I suppose I feel most like myself when I'm in my own little world daydreaming. I'll have to think about this more.

Enneagram
    5w4

To be honest, you've always seemed INFP to me. Perhaps it's because that's what you typed yourself when I first came on this forum.
    You come across as one who puts a lot emphasis on finding your place within the MBTI system...and seem to sway in your thoughts pretty frequently depending on someone's else's post/definition, etc.
    As someone who think I'm a Ti+Fe, I'm also interested in finding my place...but only because it's fascinating. I can look at the whole typing system objectively as a sort of game. I don't have that desire to choose any one type, partly because I don't even take personality typing systems that seriously anyway. Actually, I'd be more than happy (and more relaxed!) to not settle on any type, whereas you seem very personally intent on this little identity mission.

Well, that's the way I see it.
    Perhaps the stuff I wrote up there is a load of baloney. *shrug* What's your take on it?
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzy View Post
    To be honest, you've always seemed INFP to me. Perhaps it's because that's what you typed yourself when I first came on this forum.
    You come across as one who puts a lot emphasis on finding your place within the MBTI system...and seem to sway in your thoughts pretty frequently depending on someone's else's post/definition, etc.
    As someone who think I'm a Ti+Fe, I'm also interested in finding my place...but only because it's fascinating. I can look at the whole typing system objectively as a sort of game. I don't have that desire to choose any one type, partly because I don't even take personality typing systems that seriously anyway. Actually, I'd be more than happy (and more relaxed!) to not settle on any type, whereas you seem very personally intent on this little identity mission.

Well, that's the way I see it.
    Perhaps the stuff I wrote up there is a load of baloney. *shrug* What's your take on it?
    I don't know. I always thought my desire to know my type by thoroughly analyzing all possibilities was more of a Ti-Ne thing. Or at least, I seem to Ti-analyze each new bit of information as it comes. Personally, I want to be an INTP 4w5 (so I can be unique), but I value the truth more, so I try to remain objective about it. I think my fascination with finding my true type has to do with my enneatype, but the way I go about it is INTP.

Furthermore, I seem to be more detached in general than I would think an INFP would be. Can INFP's be detached? I don't know.

MBTI
    IsFJ

A few thoughts:

* Someone mentioned Jonnyboy as an INTP 4w5... I second the suggestion to talk to him, but, IMHO, you come across as a bit different from him in style. Then again, I haven't interacted much with the guy, so take that with a grain of salt.

* Yes, INFPs can be detached; quite a few INFPs are 5w4s, in fact.

* How sure are you of 4w5? I mean, an INFP 5w4 or an INTP 6w5 could look similar to these types, I reckon...

Yeah, I'm a lousy typer. Sorry I couldn't help much beyond that...

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    * Someone mentioned Jonnyboy as an INTP 4w5... I second the suggestion to talk to him, but, IMHO, you come across as a bit different from him in style. Then again, I haven't interacted much with the guy, so take that with a grain of salt.
    I haven't seen many of his posts yet so I wouldn't know about his style, but I may try talking to him. Thanks for the advice!

* How sure are you of 4w5? I mean, an INFP 5w4 or an INTP 6w5 could look similar to these types, I reckon...
    I'm 99% positive about my enneatype (basically, as positive as I get). If I'm mistyped, it's my MBTI type that's wrong, though I get where you're coming from.

Yeah, I'm a lousy typer. Sorry I couldn't help much beyond that...
    I don't think you're a lousy typer at all.