User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Its a Dom Ne thing you wouldnt understand Deal with Dom Se and you could probably reach a similiar scenario, but would deny it based on the differences of N vs S instead of seeing the similarities of E vs I....psshhhhh...nitpicky INTPs believing what they want.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    You're interpreting it that way.
    Cleverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    Its a Dom Ne thing you wouldnt understand Deal with Dom Se and you could probably reach a similiar scenario, but would deny it based on the differences of N vs S instead of seeing the similarities of E vs I....psshhhhh...nitpicky INTPs believing what they want.
    i got no idea what you are talking about
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    STP

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Hey guess what INTP. You put poki's comment through your INTP brain and it didn't make sense. I put it through my ENFJ brain and it didn't make sense. So that means fail poki :P We've covered the extremes of interpretive resources here. Could you clarify what you're talking about poki. Or should I say _Poki_

One thing that I think is interesting is we talking about N's attaching meaning to what they see around them. Attaching meaning, in my mind, is a form of interpretation. I thought interpretation was relegated to the judging cognitive functions. If both T/F and N can interpret the world around them, what distinguishes N's way of interpreting from T/F?

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by chris1207 View Post
    One thing that I think is interesting is we talking about N's attaching meaning to what they see around them. Attaching meaning, in my mind, is a form of interpretation. I thought interpretation was relegated to the judging cognitive functions. If both T/F and N can interpret the world around them, what distinguishes N's way of interpreting from T/F?
    I'd like to know this too. I think everyone does fairly large amounts of interpretation, meaning that we are probably using our judging functions for it, at least SOME of it, so this does require clarification. Also, EVERYONE has to take raw information in unless they are dead, comatose, deeply delusional, etc.

I am an SP, but whe I observe the world, the underlying trends are just as obvious if not more obvious than the physical reality; reality itself often goes unnoticed because it's the trends that are necessary for action. Being an SP I am interested in taking action--I believe this is par for the SP course. I need to extrapolate present trends into the future to do that, essentially I must predict what reality will be or could e. This has to be interpretation of reality, not pure observation.

Edit 2: I just wanted to clarify what I meant by action...obviously I'm not talking about immediate action, in the moment, because that would not require extrapolation. I'm talking about long term thinking or future actions that might be.

Hm...The more I think about it though it doesn't seem that I use my judging functions for this, it's rather instinctive. But I am definitely focused on implications of the present rather than the present itself.
    Last edited by strychnine; 01-30-2011 at 03:27 AM. Reason: used the wrong word
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by chris1207
    good point. i think it has a lot to do with how we take in the information - i've heard the S/N split once described as "do you pay attention to what things are, or what things could be?". i thought that was great - because it's not about what you think of the information, but which information we choose to take in. and there are ample pitfalls on either end of that question. our brains filter through a lot of info at first glance, and my suspicion is that Se/Si/Ne/Ni all tend to prioritize different information - but that's all in the information gathering stage, before any other processing, which would be the T/F domain.

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_
    The Dom Ne's I know focus heavily on what they take in. They believe what they want to, but they still focus heavily on what they take in. Believe what they want can be "interpreting", but they still "focus" on what they take in.
    i think i understand... in other words, we focus on collecting and interrelating information more than on how to use it? Perceiving is seeing possibilities, but Judging is deciding which possibilities one ought to take advantage of. it's not uncommon for Ne doms to hold seemingly-conflicting opinions on many topics, for example. because we focus more on the many different ways in which the topic could be seen, instead of focusing on how it should be seen.

--

anyway - liYA - do you tend to:

(1) assess how things are different from how they were in the past, and be attentive to detail?
    (2) attend to present physical realities and action, responding moment-to-moment?
    (3) envision future scenarios and how things are likely to turn out, predicting and forseeing?
    (4) see connections and relations, think in terms of impressions and patterns?

highlight once you've decided:
    1, introverted Sensing
    2, extraverted Sensing
    3, introverted iNtuition
    4, extraverted iNtuition