• ESFJ

10 76.92%
  • ENFJ

3 23.08%
First 234

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Well, I can really see as an intellectually minded ESFJ based on the vibe and the content of your posts. ESFJ males can sure as hell be directive and very "in charge" when they need to be. To me, they seem like softer ESTJs especially with the male gender component or they come off as very metrosexual, effeminate.
    I don't feel very ESTJ. And I have some metrosexual tendencies, but some dudely ones, too. And the strong, heart-on-the-sleeve emotionality, too.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I am not really moody in that regard. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people take out their bad moods on others. My dad used to do that a lot, and it was one of the few things that really got me angry with him. I take cruelty and lack of regard from others personally, though. If you had done something to hurt me or someone I care about (intentionally or through negligence), that would put me in a bad mood toward you for a while. I am fairly comfortable with conflict, though. I hate allowing things to linger and fester, so I would probably just confront you with my feelings and why exactly I was hurt.
    Well you have the F part covered.
    Your response reminds me of a closeworker I now consider a friend. He's an ENFJ. I'd have to be in actual interaction to give you my take on your N/S function, though.

MBTI
    INTJ

This is business school, not law school. I took the tour of Pepperdine's law school today, though, and I sat in for a class. It was way more fun than b-school classes, IMHO.
    Huh... who would have thought there was shit worse than law school.

Well I've learned something today.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

It's more of catering to people's physical, emotional, or social needs.

I think I am very sanguinely extroverted, but internally melancholic (sometimes). I listened to "The Tracks of My Tears" the other day, and I really relate to that feeling.

If I were to rank my humors, it would be

1. Sanguine
    2a. Melancholic
    2b. Choleric
    4. Phlegmatic

And "supine" sounds like something I am not. I am outgoing, emotional, analytical, generally happy, but intense and given to bouts of depression/the blues.
    Well, I guess all that sounds like ESFJ.
    ENFJ I have determined to be a combination of Choleric and either Phlegmatic, or a new temperament called Supine. Phlegmatics in that area are very diplomatic, while Supines are more dependent, and Melancholies are independent.
    This is beyond me right here, but I would want to read more.
    Here's the idea in a list of tables and images. (Both the five temperament system, and how I believe it corresponds to type). There are also links if you want the complete discussions on it.
    Type Ideas

I think I look better in pics like that when I am not smiling. LOL
    OK. Is that a male thing? (Since male F's are said to often want to put on a tougher image or whatever). I don't seem to know a lot of male Sanguines, so that further makes the stereotypical Sanguine "smiles and friendliness" seem more associated with females.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Well, I guess all that sounds like ESFJ.

Here's the idea in a list of tables and images. (Both the five temperament system, and how I believe it corresponds to type). There are also links if you want the complete discussions on it.
    Type Ideas

OK. Is that a male thing? (Since male F's are said to often want to put on a tougher image or whatever). I don't seem to know a lot of male Sanguines, so that further makes the stereotypical Sanguine "smiles and friendliness" seem more associated with females.
    I wasn't consciously thinking about my facial expression then. That is just how I looked in the bathroom that day. I try not to pose/smile/gesticulate much when taking pics I would use as an avatar.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Do you see yourself perceiving more with a SiNe or NiSe combo? What is your understanding of these functions and how do you relate them to yourself?

Being that you are Fe-dom, your aux and tert functions are both percieving, so it's not surprising you find confusion as to whether you are "S" or "N".

From what I see in your posts, you display SiNe. You like to explore some external ideas & may delve into tangents in conversations (Ne), but internally you're focused on what you know (Si). The focus is to gather info to recall it later, which is where the idea of focusing on the "past" comes from regarding Si. Knowing stuff about people makes you feel closer to them, maybe because it's solid info to review later and keep you connected in their absence, or it helps you see how to meet their needs (?). In that sense, Si is supporting your Fe, which is the role your Pi function would play, a supporting one. Tertiary Ne may connect these ideas so that you can make predictions about people - your friend likes XYZ, so he may also like ABC, which you see a connection between. All of these functions working together make ESFJs seem thoughtful, kind and personally invested, because they seem to grasp people in a very detailed way that shows itself in small, everyday actions.

NeSi likes info for the sake of info also, but very different kinds of info to be used in a different way.

I really just like to learn. I can detect patterns within interpersonal relationships, but I am just as likely to find out things about someone just for the sake of knowing more. That makes me feel closer to others.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Do you see yourself perceiving more with a SiNe or NiSe combo? What is your understanding of these functions and how do you relate them to yourself?

Being that you are Fe-dom, your aux and tert functions are both percieving, so it's not surprising you find confusion as to whether you are "S" or "N".

From what I see in your posts, you display SiNe. You like to explore some external ideas & may delve into tangents in conversations (Ne), but internally you're focused on what you know (Si). The focus is to gather info to recall it later, which is where the idea of focusing on the "past" comes from regarding Si. Knowing stuff about people makes you feel closer to them, maybe because it's solid info to review later and keep you connected in their absence, or it helps you see how to meet their needs (?). In that sense, Si is supporting your Fe, which is the role your Pi function would play, a supporting one. Tertiary Ne may connect these ideas so that you can make predictions about people - your friend likes XYZ, so he may also like ABC, which you see a connection between. All of these functions working together make ESFJs seem thoughtful, kind and personally invested, because they seem to grasp people in a very detailed way that shows itself in small, everyday actions.

NeSi likes info for the sake of info also, but very different kinds of info to be used in a different way.

Yeah, no idea.