User Tag List

View Poll Results: What do you believe my type to be?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

5 33.33%
  • INTJ

10 66.67%
  • Other (do specify in post)

0 0%
First 2345 Last

For reference:

On the cognitive processes test, INTP is always selection #1
    On the humanmetrics test, INTJ is virtually always the result
    And lastly, on the similarminds test, INTP and INTJ are equal in their influences.

My Oldham style tests as a cross between Solitary and Idiosyncratic.

My Big Five score is RLUEI.

My Socionics type is probably ILI-Ni, but it might be something else.

Lastly, my Ennegram type is definitley 5, yet the wings etc. are not entirely clear yet is one of the following four: 5w4 sp/sx, 5w4 sx/sp, 5w6 sx/sp, 5w6 sx/so.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    So you mean that P types don't care about their MBTI type, whereas J will invent one if they can't decide?

Kidding aside, wanting to decide on a function is only a tiny, miniscule part of what a person can do. So if someone is "decisive" over this thing, what does it tell us? Nothing.
    Normally I would agree. However, from his postings Merk seems very forceful with a drive towards closure. Also, he seems dead set on INTJ or INTP and has shown little interest in entertaining different possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Also, he seems dead set on INTJ or INTP and has shown little interest in entertaining different possibilities.
    If you do take notice, there does exist an option declaring "other" on the poll. I am not entirely dismissing other types aside from INTJ and INTP, but I would find it rather unlikely, taking into consideration the fact that I consistently test as 100% I 100% N and 88% T. My Se and Fe are literally non-existent, my Si is not that great, and my Fi tests as average.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by Merkw View Post
    If you do take notice, there does exist an option declaring "other" on the poll. I am not entirely dismissing other types aside from INTJ and INTP, but I would find it rather unlikely, taking into consideration the fact that I consistently test as 100% I 100% N and 88% T. My Se and Fe are literally non-existent, my Si is not that great, and my Fi tests as average.
    According to all the tests I took I was either an INTJ or an INFJ. However, after posting on this forum I'm almost certain I am neither. My point is those tests are probably not very accurate.

Just a thought ...

According to all the tests I took I was either an INTJ or an INFJ. However, after posting on this forum I'm almost certain I am neither. My point is those tests are probably not very accurate.

Just a thought ...
    It's not just the tests. I couldn't care less about the tests. This is mainly personal self-assessment. The only reason I put those numbers and results up there was so that no one would go off on some nonsense rant about how self-reflection is unreliable, or something similar. So, no, it isn't only those tests, it is also approximately one year of self-reflection.
    If you notice anything distinguishably non-INT, please feel free to point it out. I would be fascinated to hear.

Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by Merkw View Post
    It's not just the tests. I couldn't care less about the tests. This is mainly personal self-assessment. The only reason I put those numbers and results up there was so that no one would go off on some nonsense rant about how self-reflection is unreliable, or something similar. So, no, it isn't only those tests, it is also approximately one year of self-reflection.
    If you notice anything distinguishably non-INT, please feel free to point it out. I would be fascinated to hear.
    You got it. Unfortunately that might require a lot of reading on my part so an answer might not be forthcoming

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Normally I would agree. However, from his postings Merk seems very forceful with a drive towards closure. Also, he seems dead set on INTJ or INTP and has shown little interest in entertaining different possibilities.
    Ok, you have probably paid more attention to that than I.

Good luck for merkw's type hunting
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm interested to hear the respective reasons of mippus and falcarius, since both voted in the poll, yet have not yet explained their hypotheses.

Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Ok, you have probably paid more attention to that than I.

Good luck for merkw's type hunting
    Possibly, who knows?

Merk,

Don't shoot me, i'm only trying to help ...

You have been very candid about your behavior any chance you are an Extrovert not an Introvert?

Possibly, who knows?
    You have been very candid about your behavior any chance you are an Extrovert not an Introvert?
    No chance. I hate not being alone.

Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp