User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: INFJ or INTJ

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    That's it! You gave yourself away... INFJ... discussion is over.

(How was my INTJ act? )
    Well done!

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Well I wouldn't call them targets. That's a bit harsh. (Hmm ... interesting)

But cautiously, very cautiously.
    Caution in the sense of, lowering your walls, or caution in the sense of a detailed plan of attack that will breach all her walls?

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    INJs are DomNi, remember ? Our main function is a Perceiving one. We just don't show it usually
    Yes. I was more interested in his method of answering that question. An INTJ vs an INFJ in argument is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Whoa, now! If it doesn't come out one of those quarter machines, don't expect to receive it.
    Met. I pray your ladylove will have enough patience not to bean you with a rain of quarter machines at some stage.

MBTI
    INFJ

I dunno, I'm not convinced

I still think INTJ, personally

MBTI
    xNTP

I've got to go. But I want to thank everyone for their help today. And look forward to many wonderful discussions in the future.

Last edited by JustDave; 01-20-2008 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Apparently I have two right hands today.

MBTI
    INTJ

I would definitely say INFJ, based on my own experiences.
    FWIW, I too am getting a clear INFJ vibe based on what you, JustDave, have written in this thread and in your intro thread. For instance, to me, this post...

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    I've got to go. But I want to thank everyone for their help today. And look forward to many wonderful discussions in the future.
    ... perfectly illustrates the INTJ/INFJ difference referenced previously by "?". (I'm thinking of the automobile accident example.) I figure an INTJ would have simply logged off, rationalizing that it is understood that one is not online 24-7 and also preferring to express gratitude indirectly through the action of replying to specific posts rather than posting a general 'thank you'. And don't even get me started on the third sentence! This post of yours is very Fe, IMO.

Also, it seems like INFJs question their T/F preference more often than not. (See this thread for examples.) INTJs may want to claim more social interest than the descriptions give us (:SaiyanSmilie_anim: ) but in my experience we're not given to wonder if we're Fs.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    FWIW, I too am getting a clear INFJ vibe based on what you, JustDave, have written in this thread and in your intro thread. For instance, to me, this post...

... perfectly illustrates the INTJ/INFJ difference referenced previously by "?". (I'm thinking of the automobile accident example.) I figure an INTJ would have simply logged off, rationalizing that it is understood that one is not online 24-7 and also preferring to express gratitude indirectly through the action of replying to specific posts rather than posting a general 'thank you'. And don't even get me started on the third sentence! This post of yours is very Fe, IMO.

Also, it seems like INFJs question their T/F preference more often than not. (See this thread.) INTJs may want to claim more social interest than the descriptions give us (:SaiyanSmilie_anim: ) but in my experience we're not given to wonder if we're Fs.

Plus. When INTJs say they'll log off, they actually do.

This little guy is still lurking.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Also, it seems like INFJs question their T/F preference more often than not. (See this thread for examples.) INTJs may want to claim more social interest than the descriptions give us (:SaiyanSmilie_anim: ) but in my experience we're not given to wonder if we're Fs.
    I agree with everything. Particularly the part I just quoted. As aelan pointed out, this is probably much more likely for INFJ males, too.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

I agree with everything. Particularly the part I just quoted. As aelan pointed out, this is probably much more likely for INFJ males, too.
    Why're you being agreeable now. *suspicious* Are you becoming an NF?!

I'm not certain, but he sounds like an NF to me. Besides Economica's well-reasoned points, based on:

1) He does not assert but seeks to include in a discussion
    2) Caution in love and refusal to see person as a target.
    3) He has a whimsical sense of humour.
    4) Caution in joining this board. He took a year. I think INTJs wouldn't take that long. They'd just sign up and not visit?
    5) He didn't log off.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    Plus. When INTJs say they'll log off, they actually do.
    Um... actually...

This little guy is still lurking.
    I think he just closed his browser. Nice try, aelan, but methinks you have more work to do before you attain the 1337 stalker powers that is the hallmark of the INXJs.

MBTI
    OMNi

This is the absolute easiest way I've found for distinguishing between male INTJs and INFJs.

Which system sounds most ideal?

System A, which gets great results but only a few get to enjoy the benefits of the results.

System B, which gets poor results but everybody gets to enjoy the benefits of the results.

From hanging out on INTJc, I found that INTJs always value results over who benefits, whereas INFJs value who benefits over results. This is supported by political survey results that ptg posted which attests that INTJs are far more predisposed to right wing ideologies, whereas INFJs are predisposed to left wing ideologies.