User Tag List

First 123 Last

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    The descriptions really are crap. Seriously. But people do need another group to throw their poo at like monkeys. It's cathartic for them or something.
    Like racism. Though that is minority bashing, mostly. This I would suggest is slightly different because SJs are known (incorrectly or not) as the ones who lay down the rules and run the world. And some people who don't quite fit in the SJs' world are bitter about it, apparently. I don't like much of Keirsey's overall idea but on the count of fair descriptions, he is not as biased as others I've seen. I think he truly believes that it's a damn good thing we aren't all the same . I agree with that.

Ok. So if the descriptions are not very good how can I know which type I am? I know too much about the 4 axes by now to honestly take a test. I can get whatever result I want. But I think I am pretty solid on P now as well. IxxP

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by penny89 View Post
    Like racism. Though that is minority bashing, mostly. This I would suggest is slightly different because SJs are known (incorrectly or not) as the ones who lay down the rules and run the world. And some people who don't quite fit in the SJs' world are bitter about it, apparently. I don't like much of Keirsey's overall idea but on the count of fair descriptions, he is not as biased as others I've seen. I think he truly believes that it's a damn good thing we aren't all the same . I agree with that.

Ok. So if the descriptions are not very good how can I know which type I am? I know too much about the 4 axes by now to honestly take a test. I can get whatever result I want. But I think I am pretty solid on P now as well. IxxP
    Why have a type? It's so confining.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

You really don't sound anything like an ISFJ at all. I would guess IxTP at this point. But all I can say for sure is you aren't ISFJ.

MBTI
    ESFJ

+1
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

All Natural! All Good!

I don't think it is, I'm still gonna be the same person I am now regardless of what my type ends up being. It's just interesting to me, how billions of people can actually be distilled down to 16 types, but of course there is variation among members of the same type. It's only confining if I choose a type and try to act like it.

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    You really don't sound anything like an ISFJ at all. I would guess IxTP at this point. But all I can say for sure is you aren't ISFJ.
    Thanks for the input. I can believe IxTP. Now I've gotta figure out N/S.

Thanks again everyone, I appreciate the help.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't think it is, I'm still gonna be the same person I am now regardless of what my type ends up being. It's just interesting to me, how billions of people can actually be distilled down to 16 types, but of course there is variation among members of the same type. It's only confining if I choose a type and try to act like it.

Thanks for the input. I can believe IxTP. Now I've gotta figure out N/S.

Thanks again everyone, I appreciate the help.
    I don't think it's all that bizarre that you got a four letter result of ISFJ, though, because I used to get INFJ all of the time before I understood MBTI and function theory, and it turns out I'm much more of an eXFP, leaning toward ENFP.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Speaking from someone who doesn't feel arrested to personality traits (i.e. I think they can always change if you want it) it seems confining to me. I just keep my type here cos people will have a heart attack if I changed.

Banned
    MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

ISFJs are always confused, so my guess is that you probably are one.

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I don't think it's all that bizarre that you got a four letter result of ISFJ, though, because I used to get INFJ all of the time before I understood MBTI and function theory, and it turns out I'm much more of an eXFP, leaning toward ENFP.
    I think it's good to trust our understanding more than the test. I think people commonly mistype themselves based on a test result. So I shouldn't give the original result much weight now, I suppose.

----
    I relate to so much of this: Extraverted Intuition

As for Se, I completely lack coordination. I do these types of tasks very badly:
    p. 146: "It happens when we're kneading bread and the pressure of our hands changes with the texture of the dough. It happens when we're moving a ball downcourt for a chance at the hoop. It happens when we're driving, alert to a whole field of sights and sounds. It happens when we're playing in a band. It happens when we're knitting a sweater. Every time our actions are changing immediately and directly in concert with our surface perceptions, we're drawing on Extraverted Sensation."
    Not sure if that means my Se is too weak to be auxiliary.

According to this (http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...your-type.html) thread, I'm definitely informing. Quite uncomfortable telling people to do things.

I can also relate to the Ti/Ne here. But also to this one, though it's ISTP. I just don't know to what degree I prefer the abstract over the concrete. I am pretty sure that I do, but I still don't know. I could just be biased.

All Natural! All Good!

Any insights on the following? Thanks.

INTP is Ti Ne Si Fe and ISFJ is Si Fe Ti Ne. Could these types in some way mirror each other, where one type behaving in a manner that is unnatural to them could look more like the other?

How good would my Ne need to be to be auxiliary?

Also, I really can't get along with ESFJs. Can't stand them. I am thinking that might NOT be because I am INTP, but rather because I am ISFJ and the ESFJs possess things I dislike about myself, so I dislike them without realizing they are similar to me.