User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Say What?!?!

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Ok, I'm opting for the former then.
    Perhaps you are biased towards INFJ and consequently try to fit your form into the mold. ;P

Or maybe that's just me. *snigger*
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    but you still respond with something close enough that actually makes sense and that is a sure sign of N
    Ok, I can accept that.

Not taking the functions into account at the moment (*sigh. waits for the function "gurus"*), the N/S divide was my primary concern when I first got interested in MBTI. And it still causes me to wonder at times. The first test I took gave me INFJ but when I read about the descriptions about S and N, I could easily see myself falling to either side. And my test results (yes, I know, unreliable) indicate some 60-40 N-S.

I usually believe that I do tend to lean to the N side. I base that on my own personal observations between myself and people who are the closest to me, not only on the descriptions of the differences between N and S. As I did grow up in a strongly SJ environment, I did feel considerably "different" when I expressed my thoughts and ideas and all I got was the glazed look.

Riva

Not being that nice or huggy all the time, not being so attached to friends can be applied to anybody at any given time. I don't see them as type related.

Ah, well, never mind.
    Gosh woman.

Okay let me put it this way.

You are not so attached (Fi) even to your friends. And you call them acquaintances not friends. A friend for a Fi dom or Fi user (even xNTJs) are like a part of their soul. So you don't seem like a xNFP. or xxTJ. Which rules out 6 types.

But you seem warm and friendly and projects a lot of Fe. But not the same way an ExFJ uses Fe. Nor the same way an XNTP uses Fe (for fun )

That leaves IxFJs.

As I did grow up in a strongly SJ environment, I did feel considerably "different" when I expressed my thoughts and ideas and all I got was the glazed look.
    You seem to have a little amount of Si. And seem to have quite a lot of Ni. Well even xSTPs have Ni. But you seem to have Ni preference than Se.

So that leaves you with??

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Gtzk View Post
    Perhaps you are biased towards INFJ and consequently try to fit your form into the mold. ;P

Or maybe that's just me. *snigger*
    I've thought about that. I don't fit any mold. I wouldn't have this issue if I could fit into any other mold out there. But I don't. Why I mentioned that I doubt between INFJ, INFP and ISFJ is because when reading the descriptions, I could easily see large chunks of them that are applicable to me but not quite.

It's the "not quite" part that bothers me occasionally when I start to doubt my type again. Why I have decided to identify myself as an INFJ is because I "feel" (I know, you can laugh now) that I'm not S enough to be ISFJ and I'm not P enough to be INFP.

Heck, even all the function descriptions apply to me, some more, some less. But I can't, seriously, believe me, I've tried, to determine what is dominant and so on. Sure, the "gurus" can say now that I simply don't have enough knowledge.

MBTI
    CAT

Not being that nice or huggy all the time, not being so attached to friends can be applied to anybody at any given time. I don't see them as type related.
    I haven't interacted with you personally so I can't really offer an opinion but I just wanted to correct you on this one... I really think that INFPs are typically more attached to friends or just people in general than INFJs. I'd say that striving to make strong bonds with people is fairly natural for INFPs. I know an INFP with strong Ti who doesn't really want to be "best friends" with anyone (the result of being very detached from her classmates for all her childhood), but she still has quite a few friends now and it's clear she really cares for all of them, even if she doesn't show it too openly. Overall, I think that being kind of detached is more of a Ni or Ti + Fe thing than Fi thing, and it's not typical for INFPs. I've also observed that INFJs often seem very gentle and "nice" on forums but sort of cold in reality, whereas INFPs often appear quite analytical and serious on forums but pretty warm in real life. Obviously it's not a rule but perhaps it's sort of a trend.
    Her head hung down
    Gazed at earth, finally keen,
    As the rabbit at the stoat,
    Till the earth was sky,
    Sky that was green,
    And brown clouds passed
    Like chestnut leaves along the ground.

- SUSAN ANN AND IMMORTALITY, T. E. Hulme

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    And seem to have quite a lot of Ni.
    See, that "seem" doesn't satisfy me one bit. Where? How? What? When? Show me evidence of my Ni, dammit.

MBTI
    entp

go away from mbti for like a month or two
    then do a few things that would appeal to Ni-dominant or INFJ
    and maybe few things that would appeal to Si-dominant or ISFJ

whichever one gives you more pleasure is what you are.

i recommend that cuz i did that.

everyone around me hates theoretical stuff. i thought i did too although i wasnt sure. then i left this site so i wont be constantly analyzing myself. then after a week or so (when my head had a chance to settle down and not think in terms of mbti), i watched videos of theoretical physics and other mad scientist stuff (supposed to be appealing to ENTPs)...and oh man, it was awesome...havent felt like this since i was a kid making small discoveries about the everyday world...it was then i knew for sure that i was an ENTP though my preferences swung towards ESTP and ENFP and INTP and ENTJ from time to time

i love being reckless and driving close to the edge and bungee jumping and sky-diving and scuba diving. main difference between ENTP and ESTP is that i (entp) do that stuff for the skill and stay for the thrill (partly, more for skill) whereas most estp's would go for the thrill and love it so much that they would stay for the skill

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    I haven't interacted with you personally so I can't really offer an opinion but I just wanted to correct you on this one... I really think that INFPs are typically more attached to friends or just people in general than INFJs. I'd say that striving to make strong bonds with people is fairly natural for INFPs. I know an INFP with strong Ti who doesn't really want to be "best friends" with anyone (the result of being very detached from her classmates for all her childhood), but she still has quite a few friends now and it's clear she really cares for all of them, even if she doesn't show it too openly. Overall, I think that being kind of detached is more of a Ni or Ti + Fe thing than Fi thing, and it's not typical for INFPs. I've also observed that INFJs often seem very gentle and "nice" on forums but sort of cold in reality, whereas INFPs often appear quite analytical and serious on forums but pretty warm in real life. Obviously it's not a rule but perhaps it's sort of a trend.
    Hey????????

I said the same thing.

MBTI
    CAT

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    Hey????????

I said the same thing.
    Sorry, I didn't notice, you were faster
    Her head hung down
    Gazed at earth, finally keen,
    As the rabbit at the stoat,
    Till the earth was sky,
    Sky that was green,
    And brown clouds passed
    Like chestnut leaves along the ground.

- SUSAN ANN AND IMMORTALITY, T. E. Hulme

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    Thank you for your input, your opinion is certainly valued.