User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is Babylon Candle?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • INFJ

1 3.85%
  • INTJ

3 11.54%
  • INTP

0 0%
  • INFP

4 15.38%
  • ENFJ

4 15.38%
  • ENTJ

8 30.77%
  • ENTP

3 11.54%
  • ENFP

3 11.54%
First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    What is an accurate description of Ni?
    Don't you have a book on MBTI that has the functions in it? Can't you just read that? That Understanding Yourself and Others book?
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Don't you have a book on MBTI that has the functions in it? Can't you just read that? That Understanding Yourself and Others book?
    I think I just have a hard time getting my head around it and really pinning down what is actually going on when it's being used. Descriptions of Ni are always so "mysterious" and imprecise.
    Hello

Fellas, I have suggested this a million times to people.
    Functions of Type, written by Gary Hartzler.
    You can get it on Amazon.

You won't have to wonder about Ni anymore. (Or any other function, for that matter.)
    The future is for the unafraid.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Babylon Candle, this may help you.

Which of these eight descriptions sounds the most like you?

Quietly forceful, original, and sensitive. Tend to stick to things until they are done. Extremely intuitive about people, and concerned for their feelings. Well-developed value systems which they strictly adhere to. Well-respected for their perserverence in doing the right thing. Likely to be individualistic, rather than leading or following.

Quiet, reflective, and idealistic. Interested in serving humanity. Well-developed value system, which they strive to live in accordance with. Extremely loyal. Adaptable and laid-back unless a strongly-held value is threatened. Usually talented writers. Mentally quick, and able to see possibilities. Interested in understanding and helping people.

Independent, original, analytical, and determined. Have an exceptional ability to turn theories into solid plans of action. Highly value knowledge, competence, and structure. Driven to derive meaning from their visions. Long-range thinkers. Have very high standards for their performance, and the performance of others. Natural leaders, but will follow if they trust existing leaders.

Logical, original, creative thinkers. Can become very excited about theories and ideas. Exceptionally capable and driven to turn theories into clear understandings. Highly value knowledge, competence and logic. Quiet and reserved, hard to get to know well. Individualistic, having no interest in leading or following others.

Enthusiastic, idealistic, and creative. Able to do almost anything that interests them. Great people skills. Need to live life in accordance with their inner values. Excited by new ideas, but bored with details. Open-minded and flexible, with a broad range of interests and abilities.

Popular and sensitive, with outstanding people skills. Externally focused, with real concern for how others think and feel. Usually dislike being alone. They see everything from the human angle, and dislike impersonal analysis. Very effective at managing people issues, and leading group discussions. Interested in serving others, and probably place the needs of others over their own needs.

Creative, resourceful, and intellectually quick. Good at a broad range of things. Enjoy debating issues, and may be into "one-up-manship". They get very excited about new ideas and projects, but may neglect the more routine aspects of life. Generally outspoken and assertive. They enjoy people and are stimulating company. Excellent ability to understand concepts and apply logic to find solutions.

Assertive and outspoken - they are driven to lead. Excellent ability to understand difficult organizational problems and create solid solutions. Intelligent and well-informed, they usually excel at public speaking. They value knowledge and competence, and usually have little patience with inefficiency or disorganization.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    Babylon Candle, this may help you.

Which of these eight descriptions sounds the most like you?

infj

Quietly forceful, original, and sensitive. Tend to stick to things until they are done. Extremely intuitive about people, and concerned for their feelings. Well-developed value systems which they strictly adhere to. Well-respected for their perserverence in doing the right thing. Likely to be individualistic, rather than leading or following.

infp

Quiet, reflective, and idealistic. Interested in serving humanity. Well-developed value system, which they strive to live in accordance with. Extremely loyal. Adaptable and laid-back unless a strongly-held value is threatened. Usually talented writers. Mentally quick, and able to see possibilities. Interested in understanding and helping people.

intj
    Independent, original, analytical, and determined. Have an exceptional ability to turn theories into solid plans of action. Highly value knowledge, competence, and structure. Driven to derive meaning from their visions. Long-range thinkers. Have very high standards for their performance, and the performance of others. Natural leaders, but will follow if they trust existing leaders.

intp
    Logical, original, creative thinkers. Can become very excited about theories and ideas. Exceptionally capable and driven to turn theories into clear understandings. Highly value knowledge, competence and logic. Quiet and reserved, hard to get to know well. Individualistic, having no interest in leading or following others.

enfp
    Enthusiastic, idealistic, and creative. Able to do almost anything that interests them. Great people skills. Need to live life in accordance with their inner values. Excited by new ideas, but bored with details. Open-minded and flexible, with a broad range of interests and abilities.

enfj
    Popular and sensitive, with outstanding people skills. Externally focused, with real concern for how others think and feel. Usually dislike being alone. They see everything from the human angle, and dislike impersonal analysis. Very effective at managing people issues, and leading group discussions. Interested in serving others, and probably place the needs of others over their own needs.

entp
    Creative, resourceful, and intellectually quick. Good at a broad range of things. Enjoy debating issues, and may be into "one-up-manship". They get very excited about new ideas and projects, but may neglect the more routine aspects of life. Generally outspoken and assertive. They enjoy people and are stimulating company. Excellent ability to understand concepts and apply logic to find solutions.

entj
    Assertive and outspoken - they are driven to lead. Excellent ability to understand difficult organizational problems and create solid solutions. Intelligent and well-informed, they usually excel at public speaking. They value knowledge and competence, and usually have little patience with inefficiency or disorganization.
    Well At first I was going to say that i didnt identify with any of them entirely. I think if these could be combined:

After I picked those out though, I was able to see "the types" they all referred too very quickly....fuck...and then the exercise was ruined for me. I feel like I basically adapt to whatever the environment requires of me (as long as its not a bar/drinking party).

If im leading summer camp: im the ENFJ
    If im studying ochem 1st semester and I really want to learn: im the INTP
    If im studying ochem 2nd semester and I dont really care: im the ESTP
    If im in drama class sophmore year: im the ENXP
    If im preparing for a big sports race: im the ENTJ
    If im running an experiment (socially or physiologically): im the ENTP

If im in a class involving ethics where everyone wants to throw logic out the window: im the ENTX
    If im in a class involving ethics where everyone wants to throw ethics out the window: im the XNFX
    If im among a bunch a quiet loners at some event of new people: Im the E
    If im the only new person among a bunch of loud and already cool friends people: Im the I
    If im tired of being cooped up: ill go online and act ESFP
    If im tired of pointless socializing: ill go inside my head and become sort sort of cynical NiTi

I sometimes feel like "I" don't really exist. Im just a passenger along for the ride. My thoughts just kind of come, and I get to view them, thats all. Both my good and my bad thoughts. My insightful and shallow ones. If I don't like how I'm thinking lately, then I have to go find enough sources of information (music/books/people/family/friends/etc) until whatever garbage in my head has hopefully been replaced. Then sometimes my thoughts start being good again...sometimes. If im around a certain environment long enough I may even start to feel like I own my own thoughts again! Before you know it, I'll even feel like I'm sure of myself! Like I know what i'm doing! Eventually though I end up having cynical paranoia about life in general. The people around me, the path im on, and just "everything". Like existential crisis combined with a feeling of being a social island (no matter how many people might actually like me).

Mondo, how did you ever reconcile the obvious conflicting parts of yourself? I see you have a similar inability to fit into the archetypes.

OK, I think it's time for some basic ground floor questions to get us on track somewhere:

• Do you feel more liberated in structured environments, or open-ended environments?
    • Do you see yourself as primarily imaginative or concrete?
    Hello

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I know. The part about "you may feel smug" made me laugh. Like, is this a joke? The Fi one was cute, too: pick a mammal, any mammal (sleeping, feeding, this can include humans) and guess how it is feeling and what it needs.
    I think she means that you may feel smug because there can be a certain initial power that comes with letting go of social conventions, symbols, especially if it's something you've never even considered before.

I mean yes, of course it's kind of a joke. She's asking you to play act the functions in a way that she thinks everyone can manage, just to get a 'feel' for it. Those of us who are more hands on benefit from stuff like this. I know I can read the multiple lists describing the functions and not learn something new; it all blends together and becomes indiscernable after awhile. So I find it refreshing that she's trying to find another way to explain it.

With the Fi (and the Ni)... what sort of activity would you have someone do? I suppose she figures most everyone has access to a mammal they'd like to study. I don't know... I do both of these examples all the time, automatically, so they seem like good examples of Fi to me.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    OK, I think it's time for some basic ground floor questions to get us on track somewhere:

• Do you feel more liberated in structured environments, or open-ended environments?
    • Do you see yourself as primarily imaginative or concrete?
    I feel the most comfortable in structured environments. I feel more comfortable when I have a reason to be somewhere. I like being in a class room because then I don't feel weird about showing enthusiasm for learning. I like structured social events, because then I dont feel weird about opening up and chatting up the other people. I like having an actual "performance" to prepare for (as opposed to just random theatrics). I like having an actual point to writing creatively (as opposed to just doing it on my own for no reason).

Ive played guitar for 8 years and Im very good. I only know about 4 guitar solo's by heart and maybe 3 entire songs (im good at the scales/improv/riffs over beats etc). why is this? because without an actual performance date, i'd feel like a tool trying to prepare for some event that doesnt even exist! its an example where i'd probably have been a very good musician if I had been given structure from an early age. Then again though, i feel very liberated when I play guitar. I can close my eyes and just go where ever my fingers want to. i can play whatever mood i want to. it can be sad, angry, mellow, neutral or just loud. I can play the same riff over and over and over again if i damn well please.

The moment i put the guitar down, all of this freedom no longer exists. Then i feel like i have to have an appropriate reason to feel okay about doing anything. Often though im told that this is almost a paranoia of what is expected of me and not some excellent social sense.

im just rambling now. normally id go back and turn those paragraphs into a retardedly simple list to make everyone more inclined to read it (if no one reads it I will get a sense that its because no one wanted to in the first place! id like to avoid that terrible feeling).

Am I imaginative or concrete? Id say im imaginative first. My environment has re-inforced that I have to have facts for everything, or else im a crazy nut job. probably the result of this god damn forum full of INTP deductive reasoning gone wild (no offense you wonderful INTPs ).

brainheart

You know, the post you made before this last one had me thinking ISTP. This last one makes me think it even more so.

Or maybe ESTP.

so when interacting with others, are you more comfortable when social roles or procedures are defined beforehand? you wouldn't say that you feel comfortable in "open-ended" environments, where you're allowed to just follow your own interests with a lack of outer expectations? do you feel confined by deadlines, or liberated by them?

assuming that, do you think you're more interested in ensuring efficiency and structure in your environment, or are you more concerned with the social roles or expectations that people place on each other?
    Hello