User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    interesting. that's the one my infp bf thought was the enfp too. i didn't watch much of it because i got the vibe that she's saying the right things but i just don't buy that it's true about her because she appears esfj to me. my boyfriend said no...she's just southern that's what is throwing you off.

ha maybe you're both right...i'm just pretty sure that i do not come off as esfjish at all even tho i usually look put together ish annd my house is usually pretty.
    I watched other video's of hers and enfp didn't jump out at me at first either, so I can see why esfj seemed a likely type to you, but listening to the content of what she was saying and the obvious problem she has with people calling her lazy is an enfp problem. Plus the realisation she came to is very enfp.
    The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

I encountered the 3rd video before and thought the individual was an ESFP not an Fe user. I guess I should go back and take another look.

I have a questions however:

a) Do you intend to go on their channels and call them out as mistypes?
    b) Do you have any videos of people (who you think) are mistyped as INFPs? I ask because I admittedly care little about ENFPs and their problems whilst I like to occasionally lose myself in the passion of a witch hunt when it comes to mistyped INFPs.
    c) Any more videos of people providing a "response video" to being mistyped? Preferably ones who are clearly mistypes yet refuse to acknowledge it.

Thanks.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

omg what a weird post ha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i just came across this infps video and relate to her vibe more than any of the above enfp videos posted.

eta: not necessarily everything she's saying but her manner. she's just real. there's nothing that feels put on about her. i have known many nfps and have never known any that behave all overdone cutesy like the chics in the videos.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    6 sx

That fourth girl, she thinks she's ENFP but doesn't like making facial expressions ? What?! Most of them are SeFi, I think the third girl is genuine NeFi, she seems like a pretty good example of NeFi actually.

I think Kendra above is very much a Ti/Fe user, her natural energy is very flat/neutral, and projects her warmth outwards rather than inwards.

Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    I encountered the 3rd video before and thought the individual was an ESFP not an Fe user. I guess I should go back and take another look.

I have a questions however:

a) Do you intend to go on their channels and call them out as mistypes?
    b) Do you have any videos of people (who you think) are mistyped as INFPs? I ask because I admittedly care little about ENFPs and their problems whilst I like to occasionally lose myself in the passion of a witch hunt when it comes to mistyped INFPs.
    c) Any more videos of people providing a "response video" to being mistyped? Preferably ones who are clearly mistypes yet refuse to acknowledge it.

Thanks.
    a) I did with the "istp" and he wrote a stupid reply so I didn't bother arguing any further with him. I did leave a few comments on enfp videos, last week when I was in a bad mood, but I deleted them. I couldn't be arsed now though.

b)Would I be right in guessing you're an infp? And that's why it sticks in your craw to see people pretending to be your type, and giving your type a bad name? Cos that's why it bothered me about the "enfp's" I'll have a look for infp video's and get back to you. I only know 2 infp's in real life, and we don't see each other that often, so I'm not as well versed in how they are. I've had a lot more experience with enfj's in real life and online.

c) I'll have a look.
    The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Eye of the Potato View Post
    a) I did with the "istp" and he wrote a stupid reply so I didn't bother arguing any further with him. I did leave a few comments on enfp videos, last week when I was in a bad mood, but I deleted them. I couldn't be arsed now though.

b)Would I be right in guessing you're an infp? And that's why it sticks in your craw to see people pretending to be your type, and giving your type a bad name? Cos that's why it bothered me about the "enfp's" I'll have a look for infp video's and get back to you. I only know 2 infp's in real life, and we don't see each other that often, so I'm not as well versed in how they are. I've had a lot more experience with enfj's in real life and online.

c) I'll have a look.
    a) Fair enough.

b) I am an INFP but it doesn't "stick in my craw" so much; I only concern myself with it when a) I'm feeling like a special snowflake and wonder whether they're going to be camping on my lawn (this is as far as I get in regards to being irked on the matter) or b) I'm feeling elitist and/or a douche and I see the mistypes like they're fish in a barrel. If you can't find any then it's not a problem. I know of a couple who have been called out in the past but they haven't made any videos recently.

c) Thanks dude!

Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    a) Fair enough.

b) I am an INFP but it doesn't "stick in my craw" so much; I only concern myself with it when a) I'm feeling like a special snowflake and wonder whether they're going to be camping on my lawn (this is as far as I get in regards to being irked on the matter) or b) I'm feeling elitist and/or a douche and I see the mistypes like they're fish in a barrel. If you can't find any then it's not a problem. I know of a couple who have been called out in the past but they haven't made any videos recently.

c) Thanks dude!
    Ok well first, I have to ask how you came to type yourself as an infp.? Do you go on the function order or the type description?

The reason I ask is that Myers Briggs switched the function order and in my opinion made an absolute mess of it, so one person's idea of Ni, Fe, can mean infj for some, and infp for others. Depending on how well they understand the functions. If they relate to Ni or Fi. Or if they don't understand the functions they'll just go off the type description.

In Socionics the function order is Fi, Ne, Ti, Se for INFj. So some people look at the type descriptions for infj in mbti and see that they are introverted planners who are also dreamers and look at the Socionics description and see that INFj's are also introverted planners and dreamers. But when they look at the cognitive functions for an infj they see that in mbti the infj is labelled with using Ni, Fe, Ti, Se, and Fi, Ne, Ti, Se in Socionics. Which makes them conclude that mbti infj = Socionics INFp.

Some people think it's a simple case of switching the j and p, but since the infj person (archetype) being described is the same in both systems, this is just wrong to do. I don't think Myers Brigs really understood the functions. They just had a very good understanding of people, and noticed the same characters repeating throughout history and literature. And this is where they approached the subject from.

Sorry if I'm not explaining this very well. Bear with me.

Are you this?

infj

creative, smart, focus on fantasy more than reality, fears doing the wrong thing, observer, avoidant, fears drawing attention to self, anxious, cautious, somewhat easily frightened, easily offended, private, easily hurt, socially uncomfortable, emotionally moody, does not like to be looked at, fearful, perfectionist, can sabotage self, can be wounded at the core, values solitude, guarded, does not like crowds, organized,more likely to support marijuana legalization, focuses on peoples hidden motives, prone to crying, not competitive, prone to feelings of loneliness, not spontaneous, prone to sadness, longs for a stabilizing relationship, fears rejection in relationships, frequently worried, can feel victimized, prone to intimidation, lower energy, strict with self

Or are you this?

infp

creative, smart, idealist, attracted to sad things, disorganized, avoidant, can be overwhelmed by unpleasant feelings, prone to quitting, prone to feelings of loneliness, ambivalent of the rules, solitary, daydreams about people to maintain a sense of closeness, focus on fantasies, acts without planning, low self confidence, emotionally moody, can feel defective, prone to lateness, likes esoteric things, wounded at the core, feels shame, frequently losing things, prone to sadness, prone to dreaming about a rescuer, disorderly, observer, easily distracted, does not like crowds, can act without thinking, private, can feel uncomfortable around others, familiar with the darkside, more likely to support marijuana legalization, can sabotage self, likes the rain, sometimes can't control fearful thoughts, prone to crying, prone to regret, attracted to the counter culture, can be submissive, prone to feeling discouraged, frequently second guesses self, not punctual, not always prepared, can feel victimized, prone to confusion, prone to irresponsibility, can be pessimistic

I bolded the main differences between the types, from this list of adjectives.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

tho...i think they're both completely over doing it....they actually all seem to be overdoing it and i find it a bit offensive. like someone reading about enfps and then attempting to behave like one....rather than just being one.

i just came across this infps video and relate to her vibe more than any of the above enfp videos posted.

eta: not necessarily everything she's saying but her manner. she's just real. there's nothing that feels put on about her. i have known many nfps and have never known any that behave all overdone cutesy like the chics in the videos.
    YES. I agree. The manner. Not trying to put something on.

first one is like estj
    2nd looks esfj
    3rd could be enfp or esfp
    4th was way too annoying to watch but doubt enfp
    5th one super young and full of herself and it annoys me but probably enfp but could be enfj
    Yes exactly! These are exactly how I felt too.

Quote Originally Posted by chaoticbrain View Post
    That fourth girl, she thinks she's ENFP but doesn't like making facial expressions ? What?!
    Lol, that one threw me for a loop too.

Well you obviously didn't listen to the content of what the enfp said. She has obviously been accused of being lazy all her life and came to the realisation, that she is not lazy, she just enjoys her leisure time. And needs lots of leisure time to allow her imagination to run free. Only an enfp would look at it in such a way and turn the concept of laziness on it's head. She mentioned that Dr. Seuss was an enfp and that he's considered one of the most profound thinkers of all time. I can't see an esfj making a statement like that. I actually love the way she put it and felt empowered by it. Cos she is dead right. Our function in life is to come up with novel ways of doing things and to understand the big picture. We need time away from constraining responsibilities to do that. We need room to breath.
    Like I've already said, no, I did not listen to the whole video, and I did not make the argument that she wasn't ENFP. I just said that she makes me think Fe.

The reason I know the other 4 are enfj is because of how they extrovert their feeling. Their presentations have a dramatic flair that enfj's are known for. The third one even said she wants to be an actress. Look at all the posters on her wall. All the enfj's I know have stuff on their walls too. (I'm not saying other types don't have stuff on their walls, that's just one little clue amoung many others that would suggest enfj) They are a lot more expressive than the enfp. Fi is a lot more self contained. Jung described it as rivers run deep. It's hard to explain in words, so that's why I put the video's up to show people the difference and what Fe vs Fi actually looks like.

Watch the video's again and now that I've pointed the differences out, you should be able to see them. Just like the moonwalking bear was noticeable only after it's existence was pointed out. (but I'm guessing you didn't watch that video either.
    Actually, I have seen that video. I don't lack understanding in typology, though of course I am not naive enough to claim I know everything, either. I don't feel like you can necessarily grasp an accurate type out of one video, even though there may be many clues. There are so many overlapping correlations and patterns that it can be difficult to determine the exact combination of factors that resulted in it, and I am surprised that you are so sure of your conclusions.

Well you must be an enfj so.
    I'm not an ENFJ. I've gone through years of figuring out my type and I'm 110% certain of ENFP, even though my next best-fit is probably ESFJ, whereas many other ENFPs would probably relate to ENTP or INFP first. I think being an enneagram 6 has a big impact on me, as does Social-first, but my cognitive process is E-N-F-P through and through.

Ok well first, I have to ask how you came to type yourself as an infp.? Do you go on the function order or the type description?

The reason I ask is that Myers Briggs switched the function order and in my opinion made an absolute mess of it, so one person's idea of Ni, Fe, can mean infj for some, and infp for others. Depending on how well they understand the functions. If they relate to Ni or Fi. Or if they don't understand the functions they'll just go off the type description.

In Socionics the function order is Fi, Ne, Ti, Se for INFj. So some people look at the type descriptions for infj in mbti and see that they are introverted planners who are also dreamers and look at the Socionics description and see that INFj's are also introverted planners and dreamers. But when they look at the cognitive functions for an infj they see that in mbti the infj is labelled with using Ni, Fe, Ti, Se, and Fi, Ne, Ti, Se in Socionics. Which makes them conclude that mbti infj = Socionics INFp.

Some people think it's a simple case of switching the j and p, but since the infj person (archetype) being described is the same in both systems, this is just wrong to do. I don't think Myers Brigs really understood the functions. They just had a very good understanding of people, and noticed the same characters repeating throughout history and literature. And this is where they approached the subject from.

Sorry if I'm not explaining this very well. Bear with me.

Are you this?

infj

creative, smart, focus on fantasy more than reality, fears doing the wrong thing, observer, avoidant, fears drawing attention to self, anxious, cautious, somewhat easily frightened, easily offended, private, easily hurt, socially uncomfortable, emotionally moody, does not like to be looked at, fearful, perfectionist, can sabotage self, can be wounded at the core, values solitude, guarded, does not like crowds, organized,more likely to support marijuana legalization, focuses on peoples hidden motives, prone to crying, not competitive, prone to feelings of loneliness, not spontaneous, prone to sadness, longs for a stabilizing relationship, fears rejection in relationships, frequently worried, can feel victimized, prone to intimidation, lower energy, strict with self

Or are you this?

infp

creative, smart, idealist, attracted to sad things, disorganized, avoidant, can be overwhelmed by unpleasant feelings, prone to quitting, prone to feelings of loneliness, ambivalent of the rules, solitary, daydreams about people to maintain a sense of closeness, focus on fantasies, acts without planning, low self confidence, emotionally moody, can feel defective, prone to lateness, likes esoteric things, wounded at the core, feels shame, frequently losing things, prone to sadness, prone to dreaming about a rescuer, disorderly, observer, easily distracted, does not like crowds, can act without thinking, private, can feel uncomfortable around others, familiar with the darkside, more likely to support marijuana legalization, can sabotage self, likes the rain, sometimes can't control fearful thoughts, prone to crying, prone to regret, attracted to the counter culture, can be submissive, prone to feeling discouraged, frequently second guesses self, not punctual, not always prepared, can feel victimized, prone to confusion, prone to irresponsibility, can be pessimistic

I bolded the main differences between the types, from this list of adjectives.
    You wasted your time mate in all honesty. I came to type myself through years of cognitive function study. I'm not going to waste any time just buying into the Forer Effect inherent in the type descriptions. I neither asked nor needed assistance in the matter. I was merely after some popcorn entertainment on Youtube.

P.S. You didn't mean this response for someone else did you? I have no idea why you mentioned socionics.