• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] you think we can get the NT`s to build us one???

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
ok, i love cooking. i realized though that the dishes i love to eat tend to carry certain commonalities. i was thinking, you know pandora and netflix tracks patterns based off your taste? how about something that tracks patterns based off your taste and style for cooking?

im not sure if there is anything out there like that but if there is, give me links!!!

Emerill

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I don't believe everyone would have that tendency to eat food with certain commonalities. Sure, you might have a favorite dish and some dishes that don't appease to you, but even then our tastes are varied. But I digress.
There could be a site where they put recipes up (created by them or user generated) and you could fave the recipes you liked. In response, the website could perhaps generate a list of recipes you might like. Maybe other recipes by the same creators or recipes with the same ingredients in them. And as you spend more time on the website, it'll become more narrowed to be more like your preferences.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well, I don't believe everyone would have that tendency to eat food with certain commonalities. Sure, you might have a favorite dish and some dishes that don't appease to you, but even then our tastes are varied. But I digress.
There could be a site where they put recipes up (created by them or user generated) and you could fave the recipes you liked. In response, the website could perhaps generate a list of recipes you might like. Maybe other recipes by the same creators or recipes with the same ingredients in them. And as you spend more time on the website, it'll become more narrowed to be more like your preferences.

This would be a dream machine but it could account for different preferences for chewy, chruncy, flavor combinations, wet/dry, vegetarian, healthy, certain cuts of meat, ect.

In reality it would probably be just as you said.

Though I would prefer a computer app that implemented willy wonkas likable wallpaper technology. Some kind of flacor transmitting attachment for your computer that you could lick and gnaw and would take just like food! Instead of stations like pandora you could have a "make a resultant based on this".

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ok, i love cooking. i realized though that the dishes i love to eat tend to carry certain commonalities. i was thinking, you know pandora and netflix tracks patterns based off your taste? how about something that tracks patterns based off your taste and style for cooking?

im not sure if there is anything out there like that but if there is, give me links!!!

have you tried out yummly? it's a smart search for recipes based on your tastes :)

Triforce

MBTI Type
INTJ
Why would i build that?

Do you have any idea how hard this food stuff is? I wish i was petrol driven because this food stuff is bugging the crap outa me. yes its tasty but its taking my time. And i allways lack something for it.

You make your wishes i take the dishes.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

That's actually a neat idea. What kind of commonalities have you observed? If it's something simple and objective (i.e., ingredients based) you could always just google it. Not shitting you. They do receipe searches where you can get different search results by adding or taking away ingredients. If it was more like, mood-based (like say you wanted a romantic meal), then that's far beyond my technological capabilities.

Why would i build that?

Do you have any idea how hard this food stuff is? I wish i was petrol driven because this food stuff is bugging the crap outa me. yes its tasty but its taking my time. And i allways lack something for it.

You make your wishes i take the dishes.

*Licks disgruntled INT boy*

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
they're already working on artificial taste. i'm sure cooks can approximate this quite well with the chemistry they need to learn in culinary classes (at least the naturals will have a knack for it).

to be slightly more useful, perhaps check out the science of cooking

to identify the patterns you enjoy.

I notice this myself. I tend to prefer foods that are less acidic, low sugar, high protein, low carbohydrate, high fat, umami taste, spicy, not saccharine, etc

usually for me this means thai, indian, vietnamese, japanese, some mediteranean, some korean, and the occasional burrito