User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: ISFP questions

How do you react to conflict?

if it's in a situation where I did something wrong, I usually feel really guilty and intimidated. I cower away and get quiet. if it's in a situation where the other person upset me then I can get really angry but I usually keep it in.

Do you ever feel like your not understood?

yes, but I seldom feel the desire to be understood. I'm kind of okay with it because I know I'm pretty different from most people I meet.

Do you care how others see you?

depends on my mood / if something's on my mind. I can get self-conscious about the randomest things sometimes though I'm usually nervous in a crowd of people if I can tell I'm being observed

Whats the biggest struggle you have being an ISFP?

not being able to have the freedom I want. not being able to have a lifestyle where I can make artwork and music and feel free and still be financially stable. not being able to express myself well in personal relationships. being lazy as fuck / too care free / neglecting the future / crappy with money. being too timid sometimes and then too social other times. also getting severely depressed / hopeless-feeling at times.

What is your current occupation/study?

studying art in college.

What other types to you generally relate to?

hmm, well, I relate to a lot of types almost equally. ExFPs and ISTPs have stuck out to me as people I relate to. I have a lot of ENFP friends that I see a lot of myself in, and I don't know many ESFPs but the ones I do know I see a lot of myself in as well. ISTPs I feel an instant connection with them (in the friend way!)

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quinlan: Yes, I can actually relate! I'd have to say I can be the same way. For myself though, I think I'm so far lost in myself because I dont feel I've been 'allowed' to act on my emotions and thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    Well, I've always had questions or thoughts that invade my mind. I maybe curious about something or my heart is really on fire about a topic and I try to talk about it [especially to my mom] and she ignores me. Either that or she gets really angry that I'd ask such questions about my faith or how I think and such.
    I can relate to that a lot. I get quiet when I don't think people want to hear me either. Then they usually end up begging me to saying something.

I almost feel like I'm an idiot every time I try to express verbally towards anyone. So I gravitate towards art in expression. I draw, I write stories, I dance. I do alot of graphic designing and I'd really love to write my own script. So yes, art and writting is deffinatley how I get those things out.
    That's awesome. I think expression is expression, no matter how you do it. I find it easier to write a lot of things that I feel uncomfortable putting into words.

See, I can be really goofy and I know I have a great sence of simple humor. I'm not afraid to make a fool out of myself and I'll do almost anything [as long as its legal]. Sadly, I'm horrible at making friends. I always end up with people who treat me like trash, so I've learned to walk alone.
    You sound like so much fun. Is it easier to express yourself in an online environment than irl? Like, do you find it easier to connect to people?
    People who've treated you like shit need a good kick in the ass parts.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post

You sound like so much fun. Is it easier to express yourself in an online environment than irl? Like, do you find it easier to connect to people?
    People who've treated you like shit need a good kick in the ass parts.
    It really is quite suckish But I know others have this same problem. I'm here for hugs

Why thank you! I hope I'm actually fun IRL xD
    I connect with people online way better. I feel like all locks on me are taken off and I can express what needs to be expressed and that helps me. Plus I'm able to write my thoughts out better. So people online are getting a treat
    Actually, this reminds me of a conversation my mom had with me yesterday. She told me that I have a rebelious heart and that stung. I had done alot of disobeying my mother at a certain time in my life because I wanted to do what the other kids where doing. I felt like they wanted to be with me and loved me, while my mother is the grand ol' judge.
    So I didn't understand how i could've had a rebelious heart. I mean, I see her point, but thats not how I felt during those times. I KNOW I was just looking for someone to love me. But of coarse I didnt bother to explain to my mother because that just starts another conflict that I'd rather not start.
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Why thank you! I hope I'm actually fun IRL xD
    I connect with people online way better. I feel like all locks on me are taken off and I can express what needs to be expressed and that helps me. Plus I'm able to write my thoughts out better. So people online are getting a treat
    I'm sure you are fun. It might get easier to find people you can relate, people who will appreciate you for all the things you are, as you get older and branch further away from home.

Actually, this reminds me of a conversation my mom had with me yesterday. She told me that I have a rebelious heart and that stung. I had done alot of disobeying my mother at a certain time in my life because I wanted to do what the other kids where doing. I felt like they wanted to be with me and loved me, while my mother is the grand ol' judge.
    OMG, doesn't it totally suck to have your motives misunderstood? And then for someone to prescribe negative intentions to your actions?! That's the worst for me. I tend to assume the best of people, so it's still hard for me to understand sometimes when people think the worst of others, especially those they love. I really don't get that.

So I didn't understand how i could've had a rebelious heart. I mean, I see her point, but thats not how I felt during those times. I KNOW I was just looking for someone to love me. But of coarse I didnt bother to explain to my mother because that just starts another conflict that I'd rather not start.
    Well, that's just her interpretation of course. You know what's in your own heart better than anyone else, and I'm sure it's not a heartless, mean spirited type of rebellion.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    I'm sure you are fun. It might get easier to find people you can relate, people who will appreciate you for all the things you are, as you get older and branch further away from home.

OMG, doesn't it totally suck to have your motives misunderstood? And then for someone to prescribe negative intentions to your actions?! That's the worst for me. I tend to assume the best of people, so it's still hard for me to understand sometimes when people think the worst of others, especially those they love. I really don't get that.

Well, that's just her interpretation of course. You know what's in your own heart better than anyone else, and I'm sure it's not a heartless, mean spirited type of rebellion.
    Lol, its ok She'll be paying all my bills for my councelors.
    Your right, as long as I know whats in my heart, I can live with that. It only sucks because I tend to believe things people say about me [especially bad].
    Sigh

Banned
    MBTI
    INTx

How do you react to conflict?
    Shut down. If you mean confrontation with someone who violates my values and ethics, that's a whole different story - I can become very, very angry.
    Do you ever feel like your not understood?
    Oh no, never.
    Do you care how others see you?
    In general, no.
    Whats the biggest struggle you have being an ISFP?
    Mostly feeling abused (deceived, certain people bringing up things from my past to use against me, constant harrassment, name-calling, stalking, etc.) by people who I believed were friends. I guess in general just feeling totally taken advantage of.
    What is your current occupation/study?
    Foreign languages
    What other types to you generally relate to?
    Mostly nf's and sp's

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Do you like being asked serious questions or silly questions better?

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

silly.

Do you like being asked serious questions or silly questions better?
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    silly.
    Thats what I thought
    I'd rather be asked daring and silly questions than serious intelectual questions.
    I guess thats why I'm so good at truth or dare