User Tag List

First 123 Last

heart on fire

Seems like the answer from anyone here (including SJ) would be yes because anyone interested in things like psychology or MBTI would be motivated at least in part by a desire for better self-knowledge.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I've known ISTJs to try and "find" themselves. They just aren't as emo about it as other types.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Seems like the answer from anyone here (including SJ) would be yes because anyone interested in things like psychology or MBTI would be motivated at least in part by a desire for better self-knowledge.
    Sure, that generally makes sense, since that is a basic purpose of the forum.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ISXJ

Hmmmm this is a good question. I think it's because we're very grounded in reality and always seem to be the ones who "have it all together." ISTJ's are very much "what you see is what you get" type of people, and I never knew how or tried to be anything else but myself.

I did kind of go on a "finding myself" adventure when I moved away to college, and did 3 different study abroad programs in Spanish-speaking countries. These experiences shaped me profoundly because I had to decide for myself what I believed and how I would approach whatever situation that came my way. It's really different when you have constant support and input from friends and family, and then all of a sudden have that taken away. I learned a lot about myself -- mainly that I can adapt, and not only survive, but thrive in challenging situations.

I had somewhat of a brief identity crisis when I first graduated college, but that was because graduating more-or-less uprooted my whole life. Within the time-span of one day I quit my job, left all my close friends, moved across the state back in with my family, and finished my academic career as an undergrad. Everything that I had worked toward was either completed, gone, or far away. I had never realized how much of my identity was placed on my work, obligations, people, and independence. The days/months that followed were some of the hardest, but it eventually rebuilt itself.

MBTI
    ISXJ

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I've known ISTJs to try and "find" themselves. They just aren't as emo about it as other types.
    Goodness gracious this is the perfect answer!

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp
    Socionics
    LSI?

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Very true!

I'm still in the process of finding myself. I don't think there's ever an answer, is there? If there is, it doesn't stay the same for very long.

Actually, what I meant to say was, the answer gets broader and more vague the more you look for it.
    Si>Ti>Te>Ne>Fe>Ni>Fi>Se

Introverted (I) 60% Extroverted (E) 40%
    Sensing (S) 56.25% Intuitive (N) 43.75%
    Thinking (T) 61.29% Feeling (F) 38.71%
    Judging (J) 71.88% Perceiving (P) 28.13%

MBTI
    INFP

I agree, dnivera, and once one realises that, all one need to do is pay attention to one's self. It's not so much a search as it is an ongoing process of recognition and affirmation. What some would say, that corny - "following your heart." Lotsa truth in those stoopid old axioms.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ISTJ

A major theme of my life is 'finding myself'. It permeates my thinking, feeling and actions on a daily basis. It's the reason I'm in this country, it's the reason I'm on this forum.
    SJ's keep it all inside, I suppose that includes their inner jouneys. I saw again today, how I can live with both this inside and outside world going on. I maintain both. I have a conversation with someone and at the same time a whole thing is going on on the inside, emotions, analyses of those emotions etc.
    But I cannot imagine myself starting a conversation with someone about what's going on inside me or about where I am in my life or about what it is I want to achieve and therefore it could seem that none of these things are a part of my life. But they very much are, all the time.
    Frankly, I can't believe SJ are slighted in even this area.
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Well, wow. Just coincidence that most of the ISTJs on this site were on tonight?

Thanks for all the thoughts and responses, everybody. (Feel free to keep going, of course.)
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Also, I think we have a problem placing emotions, we have them, feel them, but can't always tell where they come from, why they're there and what to do with them. I think this drags out the process of finding yourself.

In other words, we're emotional retards. Haha!
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...