First 56789 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    No. I'm suggesting you stop telling him what his intentions are as you have no way of knowing those and are clearly not willing to first understand them to then make your judgement. For that matter, stop intuiting my intentions while you're at it. And I was hoping....*hoping* that, considering all the Fi/Fe threads we have on here, it would help to use this as an example to increase understanding. I was also hoping that increased understanding might provide you with additional information upon which to review your judgement. My mistake.
    You've really taken the Fi/Fe thread stuff too far.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I'm not trying to sound insulting or derogatory, but I feel like I would die if I turned into an SJ. Does it ever get hard having that Si voice in your head constantly being like "you're supposed to do this" "it's your duty to do that" "RULES!!!". I mean, it's gotta be at least a LITTLE bit stressful. what's it's like having Si as your first or second function?
    Maybe the above OP has changed since the initial post, but I dont see how the above OP is insulting or derogatory. It was a personal opinion from the start and was stated as a personal opinion.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    If Elfboy was that set in his judgement would he posit the question and if he was why would he even phrase it in a way thats so easily refuted? Its simple logic, not conspiracy theory.

You want to determine "intentions" figure out what he thinks now after people have responded. Has his view changed or has it not. If it has then your theory holds no water as he was not set in his view...if he does then you are left with 2 choices...no one has convinced him or he is already set in his view like you are about his intentions and that would be like the pot calling the kettle black.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    Maybe the above OP has changed since the initial post, but I dont see how the above OP is insulting or derogatory. It was a personal opinion from the start and was stated as a personal opinion.
    Maybe we should start using some "personal opinion" tags so that other people will know that, because it's a personal opinion, it's therefore not open to criticism like "real" opinions are. The "personal" part makes all the difference, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    If Elfboy was that set in his judgement would he posit the question and if he was why would he even phrase it in a way thats so easily refuted? Its simple logic, not conspiracy theory.

You want to determine "intentions" figure out what he thinks now after people have responded. Has his view changed or has it not. If it has then your theory holds no water as he was not set in his view...if he does then you are left with 2 choices...no one has convinced him or he is already set in his view like you are about his intentions and that would be like the pot calling the kettle black.
    His judgment? I have never been concerned about what he thinks of SJs. My original statement was that the OP seemed like it was a vehicle for ego inflation at the expense of SJs (mostly because the OP was nothing more than a rhetorical fucking question.) Whether his "view" of SJs has changed since he made the OP has no relevance to this claim, and neither does his retraction of his "derogatory" language. I did not find the OP offensive simply because it contained language which may seem harsh to SJs (that is, no, I was not simply reacting to the words "suck" and "SJ"); rather I was offended by the implicit sense of superiority in the way that he compared his own type to SJs, which smacked strongly of self-glorification. Of course, one may disagree with me that there was any implicit sense of superiority present, but I have yet to receive any denial or argument (even from the OP himself) against that claim. So far, his only defense has been that "he didn't intend to say anything bad about SJs"; but as I've pointed out, I never said that he did.

Really, what is so hard about this? I said that the OP was self-glorifying because it was essentially a rhetorical question. I gave an argument which pointed out why I thought this was the case (namely, that he had answered his own question already in the OP.) People responded telling me that he did not intend to insult SJs, and that he genuinely did want to find out about Si. The former is, as I've said above, irrelevant to my claim, and the latter is nothing other than a counter-assertion lacking in evidence to back it up (and it's also irrelevant.)

Maybe we should start using some "personal opinion" tags so that other people will know that, because it's a personal opinion, it's therefore not open to criticism like "real" opinions are. The "personal" part makes all the difference, I know.
    Oh God, please no.

On a related note, I used to be on a site that started enforcing the use of sarcasm in green text.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Oh God, please no.

On a related note, I used to be on a site that started enforcing the use of sarcasm in green text.
    Hmm, then maybe we should also change the username colors for members who don't want others criticizing the stupid shit that they post, since it's all just personal opinion, after all. Or maybe I should just stop criticizing what anyone says at all, since personal opinions, by virtue of their personalness, can never be stupid or wrong.

Or maybe I should just stop criticizing what anyone says at all, since personal opinions, by virtue of their personalness, can never be stupid or wrong.
    Yes, Orangey.. You need to stop criticizing personal opinions. It's just not right.

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

PS: it's interesting that several non SJs are like "you're prejudiced against SJs" while the actual SJs posting here understand my intention perfectly and are happy to share information about what being an SJ is really like and why it doesn't suck.
    I understand where you're coming from, but I still think the question was based in prejudice. If you weren't prejudiced against SJs, you might have worded it more like "So what's it like being an SJ?", instead of automatically assuming it sucks.

Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

A window to the soul

Exclamation

Tisk, tisk, arguing over silly details again. Respectfully, there's a time to step back, breathe, relax, and laugh at the "stupid sh**"; including any posts in this forum deemed as such. There's a time for peace. What better time to relax than now? It's long over due.

Give your body a rest for a few days and girl smile. Remember fun?

Chronic arguing over every little detail 90% of the time can make one look 50 before they turn 25 (on the inside & the outside) -- the body releases a cocktail of "death/aging" hormones under stress. Not to mention the burden it puts on your poor fellow peeps that just want to chill and have a mutual stress-free give & take. Or a friendly verbal sparring that ends with a handshake and a laugh. That's what I mean by "healthy."

Perhaps I've misunderstood the numerous passionate replies bleeding all over this place.

MBTI
    STP

Which makes your opinion open to my criticism.

His judgment? I have never been concerned about what he thinks of SJs. My original statement was that the OP seemed like it was a vehicle for ego inflation at the expense of SJs (mostly because the OP was nothing more than a rhetorical fucking question.) Whether his "view" of SJs has changed since he made the OP has no relevance to this claim, and neither does his retraction of his "derogatory" language. I did not find the OP offensive simply because it contained language which may seem harsh to SJs (that is, no, I was not simply reacting to the words "suck" and "SJ"); rather I was offended by the implicit sense of superiority in the way that he compared his own type to SJs, which smacked strongly of self-glorification. Of course, one may disagree with me that there was any implicit sense of superiority present, but I have yet to receive any denial or argument (even from the OP himself) against that claim. So far, his only defense has been that "he didn't intend to say anything bad about SJs"; but as I've pointed out, I never said that he did.

Really, what is so hard about this? I said that the OP was self-glorifying because it was essentially a rhetorical question. I gave an argument which pointed out why I thought this was the case (namely, that he had answered his own question already in the OP.) People responded telling me that he did not intend to insult SJs, and that he genuinely did want to find out about Si. The former is, as I've said above, irrelevant to my claim, and the latter is nothing other than a counter-assertion lacking in evidence to back it up (and it's also irrelevant.)
    Ok, so while we are at it...No Rhetorical Questions. Its offensive to some members as well because of what it implicitly implies Why dont we extend it further...members of this forum are not allowed to state a personal opinion of how they see things before asking a question as it reaks of implicit self-glorification. I also dont see him comparing SJs to himself in the OP, is that an implicit thing as well.

Any more rules to keep from being offensive? This wee little Fe of mine is not so great at social rules.

I mean seriosuly...it sucks to be an ISTP at times. Maybe I am reading it wrong, but I simply read...."Is it hard to be ISTJ at times?". That is what I implicitly got out of the whole OP and is what I read between the lines. I dont see that as offensive.