User Tag List

First 747555657585967 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

In life I use my knowlege of my "type" as a tool for personal growth. It is interesting food for thought.
    Here in the internet, I have discovered a sad amount of elitism among the "INT"s which is very stupid and unreasonable.
    The mockery and attacks on the lifestyles, posts, art, and even the sloan and socionics subtype all done with a dramatic cynical twist.
    I am an INTP and am a true INTP , I am very openminded, (as long as someone else's decisions don't DIRECTLY affect me I just find them interesting)
    What I have noticed so far is that the sloan RCOEIs are more aggressive than the RCUEIs and a primary 'Calm' is oten more judgemental and smug(for lack of a better word) than a primary 'Inquizitive'
    But in real life would Mr.Spock have mocked Albert Einstein?
    INT against INT is very sad and SUCKS!
    Last edited by Vildechaya; 05-22-2009 at 11:36 PM.
    INtP...RCUEI primary I...5w4...INTp... ILI...The Artist Formerly Known As Car!ssa

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

KILL THE DISSENTER.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

1. Too few of us.
    2. We are strange.
    3. Society undervalues us.

Our society is geared to towards ESXX types.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    To the extent that MBTI is a convincing model for personality study, I have tended to especially like INTs for their quiet clarity and even-tempered approach to life. Those I have known who most closely match the descriptions in the MBTI literature and who have a level of maturity have been the people I often admire the most and feel most comfortable including in my life.

That being said, there is a strange irony i have noticed in my years of being on these forums. For some reason there are people with INT by their name who approach life in a fundamentally judgmental manner - especially in social interactions. I think this might result from a combination of social pessimism, a limited ability to process and respond to emotional communication, and an assumption of being "intuitive", which is assumed to mean one can make accurate snap judgments. It's possible that projecting the judgments is related to receiving judgments in real life, so that it can become the assume style of social interaction. There can also be confusion between "telling it like it is" and "telling it like my prejudicial assumptions think it is". This can result in suspicion in the presence of emotional communication which results in judgments such as: the person is manipulative, this person is fake and insincere, the person pities self, has no integrity, is not intelligent, etc. The worst offenders have typically been banned, socially rejected by the INT norm, or feared and respected, depending on their own skills at communication. There is at least a thin layer of common judgments present in the norm. There have been examples of public shaming and other methods of control over the years on various forums to act out these judgments.

My point is that the extreme cases of judgmental behaviors are notable. It is an ironic phenomenon because the true type by nature is arguably the least judgmental of any group of people.

Edit: I am a little uncomfortable saying this is a reason "why INTs suck", since I've been friends with more than one of the worst offenders over the years who were rejected by the norm. It's pretty clear that life is much more arduous for the judger than for the judgee.
    Luckily for me, I would rather just let you yell at each other and toss in grenades when things get predictable. Thanks for the compliment

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by mibnelius View Post
    1) We sometimes have discomforting insights into the unpleasant machinations of everyday existence.
    2) Half the time I find out that nobody has any clue as to what the hall I'm saying.
    3) The ever-growing plasma ball of rage suspended inside each of us by a gossamer thread.
    YES! Couldn't have put it better myself

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    Luckily for me, I would rather just let you yell at each other and toss in grenades when things get predictable. Thanks for the compliment
    I hope you read the actual compliment in my post because it is sincere. I also don't mean to single INTs out because the same issue of extremism can exist in any group. The part that stands out to me is the irony of the two extremes that can happen with people who identify as the type (I think the same could be said of my type). I've spent many years one-on-one with rather hard-core INTPs and in day to day mundane living they are clear thinking, fair, and not judgmental. I've also ended up becoming friends with some who take extreme enough positions to get banned or rejected partly out of curiosity about how their mind works and appreciated the interaction even if it involved judgments. I recently encountered some of the judgments that INTs receive and yeah, it does put it in a little different light. I'm getting rather burnt out on the MBTI based attacks whichever end I find myself on.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Vildechaya View Post
    In life I use my knowlege of my "type" as a tool for personal growth. It is interesting food for thought.
    Here in the internet, I have discovered a sad amount of elitism among the "INT"s which is very stupid and unreasonable.
    The mockery and attacks on the lifestyles, posts, art, and even the sloan and socionics subtype all done with a dramatic cynical twist.
    I am an INTP and am a true INTP , I am very openminded, (as long as someone else's decisions don't DIRECTLY affect me I just find them interesting)
    What I have noticed so far is that the sloan RCOEIs are more aggressive than the RCUEIs and a primary 'Calm' is oten more judgemental and smug(for lack of a better word) than a primary 'Inquizitive'
    Very true in some cases, though most aren't so bad when you get to know them one on one ime
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I am DIRECTLY affected by the deliciousness that is an INT posting in a thread about why INTs suck, to say they suck for saying other INTs suck.
    AND, being taken seriously!

Humour. You're quite good at it. For an INTJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ISFJ

That paradox of a question is symptomatic of INTs' way of dealing with everyday life.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Toonia's talking about groups of INTs that hangout with primarily INTs? Where the fuck does this happen? INTs don't congeal around other INTs, when we find them, we usually find them as secure and intelligence as ourselves, share whatever insights/criticisms we can think of, then go about our day. We don't need to "Bond" or any of that