User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

It is probably also useful to distinguish between feeling emotions and feeling in the sense of having feelings about things/people (or strong values). I can and do feel emotions, strong ones sometimes, but I seldom have strong attachments to ideas, values or people.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post

To the op: judging from the way you speak and from my experience in the past, you strike me as a young intj female.
    Hey now, I am not THAT young, but that would depend entirely on what your age, I suppose. I'm 26. I can't say that anyone has ever accused me of being emotionally or developmentally younger than my age, thankfully. I'm not even emotionally crippled! (Most of the time. *cough*).

I'm alright with having what society deems a more masculine personality. I don't think I need to view it through that lens. Ultimately, my personality is my own and I shouldn't place any judgments on that.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Roses View Post
    Hey now, I am not THAT young, but that would depend entirely on what your age, I suppose. I'm 26. I can't say that anyone has ever accused me of being emotionally or developmentally younger than my age, thankfully. I'm not even emotionally crippled! (Most of the time. *cough*).

I'm alright with having what society deems a more masculine personality. I don't think I need to view it through that lens. Ultimately, my personality is my own and I shouldn't place any judgments on that.
    I called you emotionally young because I want to find out how much you define your own emotions over what society tells you or some test called mbti on the internet. Being emotionally mature means nothing but being able to 'rest in yourself' and laugh about what a stupid psychology test tells you and to say: I know better. thats a very strong form of emotional stability and not necessarily the sole way to the truth, it tho helps developing self-conciencse and self-trust.

Many people on this forum spend 90% of their time analyzing types and trieing to fit in with some of the type descriptions. Very few people say: if type descriptions dont fit me, then its because every person is an individual and cant be fit into 16 type descriptions only. I want to point you into the right direction.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

I see what you are saying. It makes sense. Fact is: I am very confidant in my own way of being. It's the only way I know how to be, and I am not terribly mutable or impressionable. That isn't to say I don't grow and adapt. It would be a sad situation if that were true. I can admit to periodic turmoil under duress. It passes quickly. Very recently, a friend of mine died from an overdose and I am also about to begin a treatment for a serious health issue that will make me very ill in order to get better (more or less like chemotherapy, though it isn't). I think I can see how that has affected me in the short term.

You will, I hope, excuse my rankling at the notion of being emotionally unstable. I certainly was when I was younger and in the midst of my alcoholism. Even then, I knew who I was, I just often felt uncomfortable with it. While I still have brief flashes of that bad mojo, it is not my default mode now. I think learning about the way an INTJ uses their functions is helpful, but that doesn't make the general description all I am. You are correct on that point.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    It is probably also useful to distinguish between feeling emotions and feeling in the sense of having feelings about things/people (or strong values). I can and do feel emotions, strong ones sometimes, but I seldom have strong attachments to ideas, values or people.
    I'm mostly the same way. There are a couple of values I hold dear and people who I would do almost anything for but in general I'm more detached about those sorts of things. On the other hand I can be quite emotional. Much of it is internal. People aren't always aware of how emotionally intense I can be. And you don't want to be around me when my inferior Fe erupts. Fortunately that's pretty seldom.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne