User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    nerd

anybody can have that, but nts are probably worse due to not adequately dealing with their feelings. i have a big problem with eye twitching and shoulder clenching from my horrible job.

[YOUTUBE="LEcsgbwBFRs"]see also[/YOUTUBE]

that's nothing compared to losing your kid though, which you are too macho to admit this thread is really about.

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    Sorry for your loss
    Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I'm sorry for your loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    Sorry for your loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I'm really sorry for your loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I'm very sorry for your loss.
    i think this was bad wording on my part: i lost my stepson from my life, he is alive and well, just not within my reach or capacity to contact. i apologize for the confusion and drawing of uncalled sympathy, took me awhile to realize that's probably what most people think i meant. i'm going to use the foreigner 'english fail' card...

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

@Mane Excercise, working, chasing girls, hanging with friends, learning. I know it's not the healthiest thing but I am unable to solve my problem except through the actions above (esp. Work). For you I would suggest finding a way to grieve... and perhaps having a spiritual experience that let's you say goodbye

I'm not an NT. My credentials = I'm EP and e7 <--- although I've been learning lately that most NTs are Christian and think the enneagram is a bunch of hocus pocus (haha just kidding about the enneagram)

I've somewhat recently suffered a separation (loss)...and believe me...being NF doesn't provide me with some automatic ability to deal with my emotions. There are definitely moments when I can access the pain...but for the most part everything is manifesting itself physically. I have terrible anxiety and am exhausted. And while I do know that I am depressed...I seem very resistant to actually experiencing that depression mentally (if that makes sense). I think part of what it means to be an EP e7 is this sense of 'unwavering optimism'...putting a positive spin on our life stories in a sincere belief that everything will work out *fantastically*!...but when life serves us up some serious shit we can become very confused and stuck. We want to move forward...and we find we can't. There is a sense like...'wait the hell a minute Life...this is totally unacceptable!'. There must be something I can DO about this...but when there's not? That's when the anxiety comes. Because you are left with a bunch of pain that...because of your nature...you are ill-equiped to deal with. Or at least that has been my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    i think this was bad wording on my part: i lost my stepson from my life, he is alive and well, just not within my reach or capacity to contact. i apologize for the confusion and drawing of uncalled sympathy, took me awhile to realize that's probably what most people think i meant. i'm going to use the foreigner 'english fail' card...
    Ohhhh

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Mane, that sucks. You sound like you have a deep attachment to your stepson and you're suffering from the absence of his presence in your life. I'm sorry you're going through this.

I think NTs can suffer from physical manifestations that have its roots in emotional trauma. When I was going through the end of my marriage and divorce, things were pretty bad. You couldn't convince me at times that I wasn't having a heart attack. I had horrible palpitations, intractable headaches, sleeplessness, constantly on edge because I was extremely paranoid. It was a horrible place to be in. NT can deal with a lot of stuff well but emotional pain doesn't seem to be one of them.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i have...in the past. i used to suffer from anxiety attacks. i had no idea why at all at the time because i block things out or push them away rather than dealing with them and honestly didn't even know i was stressed or having emotional trauma happening.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I'm not an NT. My credentials = I'm EP and e7 <--- although I've been learning lately that most NTs are Christian and think the enneagram is a bunch of hocus pocus (haha just kidding about the enneagram)

I've somewhat recently suffered a separation (loss)...and believe me...being NF doesn't provide me with some automatic ability to deal with my emotions. There are definitely moments when I can access the pain...but for the most part everything is manifesting itself physically. I have terrible anxiety and am exhausted. And while I do know that I am depressed...I seem very resistant to actually experiencing that depression mentally (if that makes sense). I think part of what it means to be an EP e7 is this sense of 'unwavering optimism'...putting a positive spin on our life stories in a sincere belief that everything will work out *fantastically*!...but when life serves us up some serious shit we can become very confused and stuck. We want to move forward...and we find we can't. There is a sense like...'wait the hell a minute Life...this is totally unacceptable!'. There must be something I can DO about this...but when there's not? That's when the anxiety comes. Because you are left with a bunch of pain that...because of your nature...you are ill-equiped to deal with. Or at least that has been my experience.
    yes this exactly.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP

Scream really loud where no one can hear you

Laugh tears out of your body

Punch things (not hard things)

Smile with your liver

MBTI
    ENTP

I shake and get stomach pains and get really cold when I get nervous, but I think that's not unique to me in any way. Although I get nervous much easier than most people; almost every time I've taken the big five I get the highest score possible on neuroticism. I think one time I answered one of the questions for neuroticism at a 3 or 4 instead of a 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I'm starting to see you and your avatar as a cloud of odor that eminates from trashy threads.