User Tag List

First 313940414243 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Wait, I thought the Borg Cube was an ideal we should all strive for. Everything I believe in is a lie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDgq-K2oYLo

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    Your jokey video is offensive to my belief system. I had enough good sense after realizing the ridiculousness of the brand of Evangelical Christianity I was raised with to embrace the pure rationality of the progressive community I joined. As a product of my enlightenment, I recognize the benefits of belonging to a group that suppresses all individuality, believes this world is inherently sinful, regards the pursuit of knowledge as immoral, believes men are lustful beasts women should be protected from and thinks it's important to feel guilty for things we can't control. Also, Israel will play a critical role as the location of ground zero between the forces of truth and oppression.

I wish everyone could stop believing in harmful nonsense like religion and see the light. I hope someday, you realize the error of your ways and enter into our fold.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Nah. I don't think it's unique to you. I think the admin/owner is ISTJ. Or if INTJ, is Enneagram type 1. 99% of the time, it's easy to live within the constraints, but when you need to enter something that violates one of their filters, one discovers how logic, pushed to an extreme, is silly.
    It’s interesting that you think the admin/owner is an ISTJ. I was just thinking. Wouldn’t it be possible that there are a bunch of ISTJs thinking they’re INTJs and I mean, I don’t know, there is something very alluring about being an INTJ, thus, making that particular forum kind of popular. So in essence, it’s just a bunch of ISTJs thinking they’re INTJ rallying behind and supporting their ISTJ boss (but of course they see her as INTJ). Some people have mentioned in the past in other places that there just seems to be way too many INTJs over there and so yeah, it makes sense that the true number of INTJs are actually much lower. In fact, I actually think the real number of INTJs is lower than the general estimates you see on other sources throughout the internet as perhaps, they are just being nice for example, in saying that INTJs represents anywhere from 2-4% of the mass population.

The differential between INTJ and ISTJ gets complicated because I think you also have the monetary factor. While MBTI is loved by businesses, it is not so much liked by psychologists:

Psychologist and personality test developer Robert Hogan wrote: "Most personality psychologists regard the MBTI as little more than an elaborate Chinese fortune cookie..."[48]

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers%...Type_Indicator

So there are two things to note:

1). Cognitive functions such as Ni cannot be describes as being “magical, mystical, or mysterious,” because that would be a turn-off to certain people attempting to make money or profit from MBTI.

2). Blurring the lines between INTJ and ISTJ might actually be a positive thing because of the fact that the majority of the people on the planet are actually Sensors, and so allowing them to falsely believe they are INTJ can make themselves feel good about themselves, and thus, resulting in higher forum traffic for a particular forum.

What a great way to make money from a bunch of folks who think they are INTJ!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Short posts - one liners are deemed to have no substance and looked down upon.
    Yeah, I have had that happened to me many times in the past. But recently, it just seems that isn't really the case. It does however, amaze me that for people who claim to be Intuitive, they would know what I am talking about just based one line. In addition, it just seems like I always have to explain myself because some people just didn't really understand what I was talking about. What's even amusing is when someone like Stasis (who claims to be an INTP and is one of the admins) deletes one of my posts for not being of substance quality or whatever, when I clearly see no reason to further bore "the readers out there" of what I meant with long sentences and long paragraphs......I mean,......I don't know......it just seems it's actually more of a Sensor-kind-of-thing to need a "thorough" explanation of everything.....

It amazes me that a person who is an INTJ would put up with the constraints and overly controlling style.
    I just remembered someone from that forum told me that an INTJ would suck it all up (in terms of following rules). No, I don't think so. An ISTJ yes. But all true INTJs? I don't think so. An Intuitive is likely to question rules, laws, and bureaucracy. This could be due to NPs in terms of the big letters and Ni (for NJs) if one wants to strictly talk cognitive functions.

.....I also post on another forum for ENTJs and I am amazed at the amount of freedom they give me to post whatever I want.....

I mean, I don't know, I just assumed that ENTJs were one of the more "masculine" types or whatever but perhaps the admin's auxiliary Ni is well developed....in addition, it's also possible that the owner's entire cognitive function stack are all well developed from Te to Ni to Se and yes, to Fi......

MBTI
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by serenesam View Post
    An ISTJ yes.
    Ding! Ding! Ding!

We have a winner! Step right up and get your prize.

Actually, I don't have the prizes, but you can collect a stuffed animal two doors down on your left. Just ask nicely.

Short posts - one liners are deemed to have no substance and looked down upon.
    Screw that.

MBTI
    INTp

Totally.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Screw that.
    Right. I couldn't believe intjs would want all that excess verbiage. It makes me think that a lot of the moderators weren't intj. That's a while ago tho.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Right. I couldn't believe intjs would want all that excess verbiage. It makes me think that a lot of the moderators weren't intj. That's a while ago tho.
    They seem to have backed off on a lot of their moderation. Not completely of course. I see one line posts that don't get deleted. Apparently it's possible to post with more than 6 images now ... or they don't count emoji as images any more. But I believe the link restrictions are still enforced.

But yeah, I can't believe an INTJ would want to micromanage everything that much. INTJs care about the vision, that principles are followed, but not the specifics.

As for "a lot of the moderators weren't INTJ" ... um YEAH ... it isn't obvious? Lots of technically-oriented INFJs that self-type as INTJs, lots of INTPs who might be type 1s which hides their "P" side. Lots of super-nitpicky nitpickiness.

There are also a bunch of ISTPs self-typed as INTJs there, though I don't know of any who are mods. Just a lot of members that if you engage in a discussion with them, you'll see them take abstract analogies and metaphors remarkably literally, using them as axioms/theorems instead of as the limited-use communication tools that they are.

And finally a bunch of INTJ kids who take life way too seriously.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    They seem to have backed off on a lot of their moderation. Not completely of course. I see one line posts that don't get deleted. Apparently it's possible to post with more than 6 images now ... or they don't count emoji as images any more. But I believe the link restrictions are still enforced.

But yeah, I can't believe an INTJ would want to micromanage everything that much. INTJs care about the vision, that principles are followed, but not the specifics.

As for "a lot of the moderators weren't INTJ" ... um YEAH ... it isn't obvious? Lots of technically-oriented INFJs that self-type as INTJs, lots of INTPs who might be type 1s which hides their "P" side. Lots of super-nitpicky nitpickiness.

There are also a bunch of ISTPs self-typed as INTJs there, though I don't know of any who are mods. Just a lot of members that if you engage in a discussion with them, you'll see them take abstract analogies and metaphors remarkably literally, using them as axioms/theorems instead of as the limited-use communication tools that they are.

And finally a bunch of INTJ kids who take life way too seriously.
    I hate to say anything negative for obvious reasons but I absolutely hated the moderation there. I didn't make a lot of posts but the few that I did were heavily moderated. I just came to the conclusion that it wasn't a fit because I didn't want to be controlled or edited in that way. I got really angry and I'm not easily angered. I honestly am perplexed as to what the attraction is.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639