User Tag List

First 33414243444553 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Aww, I never meant for them to be derogatory, Jim. I just felt like teasing you about it...I even enjoy it being there

Tbh, I don't have an opinion on cars. I just roll my eyes at the guys who go all gaga about it and find myself sometimes being utterly endeared. You drive what you want, as long as it makes you happy
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Aww, I never meant for them to be derogatory, Jim. I just felt like teasing you about it...I even enjoy it being there

Tbh, I don't have an opinion on cars. I just roll my eyes at the guys who go all gaga about it and find myself sometimes being utterly endeared. You drive what you want, as long as it makes you happy
    I know But I thought it best to point out that there are other, better ways to tease.

How about a trip on the orient express? I hear it's superbly continental. More fun than a car any day.

i've done the one through thailand a few times,
    and the bkk - singapore one. it's okay.
    i usually bring clients on it. foreigners seem to like it.

i did the cusco - macchu picchu route through peru
    and it was kinda meh, totally different quality.
    service on the eastern routes is always better.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mmhmm View Post
    i've done the one through thailand a few times,
    and the bkk - singapore one. it's okay.
    i usually bring clients on it. foreigners seem to like it.

i did the cusco - macchu picchu route through peru
    and it was kinda meh, totally different quality.
    service on the eastern routes is always better.
    I did the one from Singapore through Laos. It only works well with good company, I wonder if they have internets these days?

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Our choices are endless. What's right and what's wrong?
    I agree for the most part. To be honest, I didn't have people like you in mind when I used the term "irrational". You clearly made a well thought out decision.

I think I have a distrust of most behaviors promoted by popular culture / commercial interests.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    This could have simply been a difference in values, so long as you had said something along the lines of, "It doesn't make sense for me to spend a lot of money on a car."
    That would be too watered down. I do believe that my perspective is more sensible for typical circumstances.

But what you actually did in your first post was:

1.Make the claim that men buy "nice cars" in order "to feel superior over other men."
    Owning expensive cars are all about status. Rarity. Quality. Faster. Nicer. More advanced. It's all about owning something that is superior to what others have. It makes you feels superior in some way.

It's not necessarily bad, but I would rather feel proud over real personal accomplishments. Buying something made by someone else is not that pride-worthy, in my opinion.

2.Make the claim that it is "irrational" to buy a "nice car".
    No. It is irrational/insensible to buy an expensive car unless you're rich enough to not have make sacrifices in more important aspects of your life.

Regarding the second, as you mentioned, I demonstrated in post #251 that, according your own definition of "rational", you were actually wrong.
    I fail to see why you are so proud of post 251. It was simply a wordy way to say "different people have different goals." It should be obvious that I would not assert that it is never rational to buy an expensive car. That's too easy to refute. If someone's goal was personal bankruptcy, then
    obviously, buying an expensive car would be rational.

I am going to suggest to you that it would probably be much smarter to just stay away from this thread,
    Why? Because I should fear your razor sharp wit?

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Well, after reading your first post above, I was about to give you a , thinking you'd found the integrity to admit that the position you'd been arguing was wrong, but, considering, with this second post, you've basically just reversed your previous position while trying to appear like you haven't, well, I'll just leave it at that.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

So I've gathered that INTJs think we're picking on them, even when we're not. It makes them not much different from NFPs. No wonder we like them.

*cracks Cadbury egg open, observes gooey runny sweet innards, feels guilty for cracking egg, tries to put back together, gives up and eats it instead*

OM NOM NOM INTJs!!!

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Well, after reading your first post above, I was about to give you a , thinking you'd found the integrity to admit that the position you'd been arguing was wrong, but, considering, with this second post, you've basically just reversed your previous position while trying to appear like you haven't, well, I'll just leave it at that.
    My position remained consistent. I'm not putting down everyone who like cars. I just think the affinity goes beyond what is reasonable in many cases. I'm surprised that some were offended, since T's tend to favor logic over emotion when making decisions. When I bought my last car, I forced myself to not go overboard, even though it was tempting.

I'm outspoken, but not particularly judgmental. I think we just like arguing.

MBTI
    INTJ

You know what? The key is who sees the pattern first. If you don't see the pattern, it won't be escaped. And not all patterns are bad, some are a product of actual good functioning. But they still need to be escaped and seen from outside because if you don't see those patterns, you run a real risk of choosing badly, undermining your own interests, or simply not doing well what you want to do well.

So this stick you guys see...

Yeah, whatever. Someone else decide what that pattern is. It isn't one that brings you closer to knowing what your INTJ is up to. It is one that privileges your perception of the world. And as such, it is one that keeps you blinded.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr