User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default 4 NT's starting a business-what happens?

You've been given the task of starting a new, dynamic business. As the owner/boss, you have the following things at your disposal:

(a) $100,000 of seed money
    (b) Yourself and your own labor/skills/knowledge
    (c) 1 of each of the other 3 NT types. Your 3 "employees" are NT drones, so things like "childhood experience" are a non-factor. The drones possess the best qualities of their respective types. For instance, since I'm an INTP, I would have an ENTJ, INTJ, and ENTP drone working for me.

1. What's your business?
    2. How do you utilize the strengths of the other 3 NT's?
    3. What's the end result? (Does the business fall flat on its face? Does it eventually overtake an entire continent?)

Ready. Go!
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    entp

i run every idea i have past the team. see what they think.

entj, im gonna give work that i want done but not necessarily assessed.
    intj, i give the need-to-get-done work. the core of the business.
    intp, let it be the idea person but assign it some 'boring stuff' too. stay on it's ass about the boring stuff
    entp, light up a cigar

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I think it's a bad idea. Need at least one sensor in there.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

I've actually done this - well, almost. I ran a translation business with an ENTJ and an INTJ, though the 4th person came in much later and was an ISFJ. It worked really well

After 4 years of continuous success, I had to hand it over to the ENTJ, as the demands of my disabled daughter meant I had to leave the workforce. It's still running now though, still successful, and celebrated its 10th anniversary last year.

I also started up and ran a not-for-profit community group with the same ENTJ, for several years.
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    intp, let it be the idea person but assign it some 'boring stuff' too. stay on it's ass about the boring stuffentp, light up a cigar
    What? Why do we get the boring stuff?

If it's me, I'm coming up with all the ideas and the ENTJ and ENTP are my "front men". They are given almost free reign to market and promote the product/business, interact with customers, public relations, etc. I'm not sure how I'd keep them from wanting to kill each other though. Might have to put one in charge of the other or clearly define each of their individual roles so that their duties don't overlap into each other's territory. INTJ and myself are knocking out all the stuff behind the scenes. Research and development, testing, brainstorming, etc. Like thisguy mentioned, we (the introverts) would also have to do a lot of the boring paperwork and junk too, since the extroverts would be out and about most of the time.

ENTJ drone: if it tries to take over my business or start telling me what to do, it's getting demoted to janitor.
    ENTP drone: if it gets lazy on me, I'm giving the ENTJ full authority over it.
    INTJ drone: if it talks back to me or tries to argue with me, I'm giving the ENTJ full authority over it.

Best-case scenario: The sky is the limit.
    Worst-case scenario: Too much ego in one place. I end up with a janitor who has 2 people working under him. At least the bathroom would be clean.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    INTp

INTJ: Build lots of sensor drones to do the actual work
    ENTJ: Organize the drones
    ENTP: Come up with awesome ideas
    Me: Be the final critic of the ideas and decide if we should carry out the plans or not

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

1: the manufacture of chrome/anodized 'rims'

2:
    INTP - I become majority share holder.

INTJ to run the books. Financial side
    ENTJ - head up operations side
    ENTP - introduce him to an ESFJ on blind date, fire ENTP and hire ESFJ for marketing side.

3: market decides if it falls flat on it's face or survives
    "People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds; it is something one creates." - Thomas Szasz

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Worst-case scenario: Too much ego in one place. I end up with a janitor who has 2 people working under him. At least the bathroom would be clean.
    :yim_rolling_on_the_

As long as their committed to being "drones", I'll just relax, do my own "fun" thing, and let them have their "brainstorming", "managing", etc... I just need the money out of it.

Business: Whatever my "drones" come up with.
    Utilization of their Potential: They deal with it.
    Result: Their call, their result.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

ENTJ: Personnel and time manager.
    INTJ: Main engine of the business who implements the plans.
    INTP + ENTP: Used together to bounce ideas back off one another. The INTP can more easily ground the ENTP, and the ENTP can more easily bring out the INTP's abstract side.

The INTP would be the main idea crank, the ENTP would be the guy who passes the idea around, the INTJ would see if it could be put together, and the ENTJ would make sure everyone stayed on schedule.

*I haven't met any ENTJ's in real life I don't think, so the role I've given them may not be ideal.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

What the business is doesn't matter but there would be an online factor, there are shortcomings by only having NTs in the company but it should grow rapidly and allow for recruitment and therefore greater diversity.

I'd take care of development, marketing, risk analysis, recruitment and staff management (and the social club ).

ENTJ takes care of running operations, business management, legal issues and acquiring investors. Basically MD (but without autonomy).

INTP takes care of the systems, research and analysis.

INTJ takes care of the finance and administration and takes over the projects envisioned by the NTPs to completion once they have a clear direction. Basically everything else.