User Tag List

First 1565105113114115116117125 Last

Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1568

Thread: Ask an ENTP!

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Do you:

A. Play the field, have fun, don't sweat large, complex, time consuming emotions

B. Pursue what could be super awesome and possibly end in pain.

Because you are 17. And ENTP. And flakey! Okay, not really, but you get the idea.
    C. Convert to poly, do both!

Never limit options.

Did disco ever really die?

Tell the truth now, people! Don't lie to yourselves.

A window to the soul

So, let's say you are 17. Would that be nice?

And you had options for dating around, but maybe liked one guy (or girl) quite a bit.

However, that quite a bit could turn into something more than quite a bit, and lead to emotional attachments of a new height.

Do you:

A. Play the field, have fun, don't sweat large, complex, time consuming emotions

Because you are 17. And ENTP. And flakey! Okay, not really, but you get the idea.
    A. Have fun.

At 17, I was not thinking about a serious relationship. I was also shy around boys due to a lack of experience, so in college when everyone was having sex, I hadn't even had my first kiss yet. On a date, I mastered the squirm & turn thing, if someone busted a move. Sometimes laughed when a pair of lips headed my direction.

I didn't have any concept of what relationship pain felt like at 17, so that was a non-issue.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    Did disco ever really die?

Tell the truth now, people! Don't lie to yourselves.
    Disco is like Michael Jackson. It'll rise from the dead with dancing one day.

@Kasper: I don't want to limit options, but eventually I have to!

I suppose that doesn't mean I have to now. Damn living in the future.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

A window to the soul

Disco is like Michael Jackson. It'll rise from the dead with dancing one day.

@Kasper: I don't want to limit options, but eventually I have to!

I suppose that doesn't mean I have to now. Damn living in the future.
    It's still around. I believe the current evolution is called house or techno.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    It's still around. I believe the current evolution is called house or techno.
    I think techno came first, then house. I'm not sure if dubstep has evolved out of those, but it is out there too.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

So, let's say you are 17. Would that be nice?

And you had options for dating around, but maybe liked one guy (or girl) quite a bit.

However, that quite a bit could turn into something more than quite a bit, and lead to emotional attachments of a new height.

Do you:

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    When I was 17 I took option B. And it was super awesome and it also ended in pain. So much pain.

I totally don't regret it. And I think I'd still pick option B over A in the long run.

But I have way more patience for the deep, complex, time-consuming emotions and pretty much no patience for the others. The idiotic drama that seems to surround "playing the field" really turns me off (most of the time it never seems like it can be "just fun").

I dunno, overall I feel I'm wasting the same amount of attention on emotions, just emotions of different caliber. And I'd rather eat steak than a McDonalds burger.
    +1

B first, then A!

Just because you're wild about someone right now but don't know how it would work out in the long run, doesn't mean you'd have to get married if you went for it! You're 17 for gawd's sake!

It's true that by putting your heart on the line, you risk getting hurt, but the pain of the end of a relationship is a small price to pay for the richness of living life to the fullest. Living life to the fullest requires taking risks and getting hurt once in awhile. Every time you get hurt, you become a bit stronger for it.

But you also have to promise yourself to be willing to be the one to end the relationship if it isn't working for you, even if that means hurting the other person if he still wants it to continue. That can be hard, too, but it's better for both of you than continuing in a relationship that isn't working anymore.

If living life to the fullest means option A, then go for A! For me, if I'm wondering and obsessing about someone and it's mutual, living life to the fullest means option B.

So I would recommend whichever one means living life to the fullest for you. From what you've written, I suspect it's option B.

Go for it!!

A window to the soul

Wow, y'all were so serious. So I'm the only one here that was laughing at 17 when a pair of lips headed their way?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Wow, y'all were so serious. So I'm the only here that was laughing at 17 when a pair of lips headed their way?
    When I was 17, I had the biggest crush in the world on a guy that lived down the street, but we were just friends. I hardly noticed anyone else, so yes, my dates ended up like what you're talking about, but maybe for a different reason.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

When I was 17 I had a crush on a girl and wrote letters to her, which I gave her in person but told her that I was only the messenger and they came from another guy, who has a crush on her and who told me not to reveal his name.

I didnt expect what effect that had, in the end I had her and 20 other girls stalking me for the name of the person who wrote that letter and they even organized themselves so they could make me mad thru the whole school day. I was a pretty good writer back then and that in combination with the underlaying mystery made that girls getting pretty angry at some point for me to finally reveal the name of the author.

When I finally gave in and told them I wrote it, they were very disappointed. Only downside was at some point they didnt believe me that I wrote that, so they started digging again and it took another two years until they forgot about it.

It at least helped me to get over that girl, who was so superficial, unbearable. Would have been a great mistake to fall in love with her.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]