User Tag List

First 311121314 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by mmhmm View Post
    why, hello there. <3

A) usually i just end up sulky-faced because "other people don't understand"
    because they haven't taken in account the massive amounts of self-justification
    and perspectives i've weaved in to justify whatever i did--(because honestly it's
    not the outcome that i'm focused on, it's always about the pursuit and also
    the joy of improvisation)
    YES!!! God, I love you guys! Thank you for understanding me!

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    471 sx/sp

Personally in my experience, it's been the most understanding compatible relationships I've -ever- been in. I <3 my entp.

Society

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    EDIT: Actually there is, theres a lot more to say on this...hmm i need to think about it and come back.
    please do - your the only Fi user that tastifies to develop values you didnt get from your parents.. it might point us towards what's wer'e missing here.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    ^Thats a classical entp ...
    Not sure I understand. What you mean. Could you rephrase?

How's ISTJ land working out for you?

PS Regarding Fi hating ENTPs: Fi users are likely to dislike Ti by default. It's called a preference, because you prefer one function over the other. You LIKE one and DISLIKE the other. It's that simple. Then it's easier to dislike somebody who embodies the qualities you don't like (Ti) and which are the exact opposites of your own preference.

With all the PC rules (hello immature Te protecting oversensitive Fi ... ) people forget what the theory is all about.

You are supposed to feel "bad" about Fi and "good" about Ti (most of the time). It's your "preference". You prefer one over the other. It's that simple.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Istbkleta View Post
    PS Regarding Fi hating ENTPs: Fi users are likely to dislike Ti by default. It's called a preference, because you prefer one function over the other. You LIKE one and DISLIKE the other. It's that simple.
    It's never that simple, live aint math. And if you was to meet a Fi user who hates you, you can use that as a learning experience for yourself to gain a new perspective on life and to find out why that person hates you. If you are lucky and that person lets you in, you can grow from that in dimensions of wisdom you cant imagine.

I mean look at me. I even like you, tho I find your avatar utterly tasteless .
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Why are you telling us this?

Btw, I disagree with you. It's not only the tetr, the aux is also problematic. I can't honestly say I am OK with the way Fi works. ENFPs are also "not fans of" Ti.

For a grotesque depiction of how the world percieves ENFPs, please see the character of Linda in .
    as to your first Q, because that other entp guy asked for an elaboration of Fi from an enfp?

why "not OK" with Fi? are you logically or morally offended? How do you perceive the notion that others have an innate right to thier own biologically designated worldview?

I do agree that Ti and Fi are incredibly alien to one another. however in my experience, they tend to be less offensive, given the are intorverted and thus somewhat hidden by the monster of Ne-we dont get what we dont realize is there. I have had 5 entp best friends in a row and I cherish each of them, even in our alien, weirdness, as they are just kick ass awesome people.

edit-wait is that the chick who planted the flower garden on the roof for the imaginary project ? Ha! that was awesome!

More interesting enfp characterisations might be from the series "dead like me". Her weirdo OCD, way emo boss is very vomitly TJ enfp and the reaper who jumped off the cliff is a pretty classic enfp. Interestingly I would argue both were being seen from the infj perspective.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I find your avatar utterly tasteless .
    O, rly. Why?

Want to describe how you experience Ti? Perhaps such descriptions would illustrate why I think it's perfectly normal to dislike functions that are different.

O, rly. Why?
    Does Germany have boobs there?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    The way Fi feels to me is a bit like really complex fuzzy principles grounded in a physiological, visceral network. (The INFPs describe it as being like a tree with big and little branches, where thickness is the importance of the value in question)

These fuzzy principles derive from childhood. Each time I perceived someone else to be hurt, I internally, emphatically reflected their hurt as my own. In a physiological way, where my stomach gets tense and I get anxious and I can internally "feel" a mimic of whatever their hurt was. Each time this happens, the unpleasantness builds in an "away-from" reaction and those things that cause pain for others become labeled as "bad". Over time, the expereinces add up to produce a generalized, abstract value-principles.

For instance "speaking harshly to another is bad" might be a value. If I violate this and speak harshly, I internally feel anxious, stressed, guilty and even a bit ill.

However eventually things get more complicated...what if a person is hurting another person? It is bad to let that continue.

Thus now it becomes a value-principle weighing process. "Speaking harshly is bad" vs "letting others be hurt is bad".

Thus I may speak up and defend the other person in a harsh manner...and feel no guilt as internally I was okay with the second value-principle overruling the first, as it serves to be consistent with a much deeper core value of "people should not be hurt".

Complicating the matter is that there are a number of very core values-do not hurt others, maintain integrity, be forthright, be dedicated, be responsible...all which have to be weighed in each situation to determine the best answer.

The values seem to start off fairly broad and simplistic, however with age and experience, they develop more and more complexity and refinement-resolution. The values can also be context specific to the situation-thus a generalized value may not hold in a particular situation. (This is how new values form or resolution is added to an existing value)

As more Te grows in, the values also began to be viewed in a more global perspective. "it isnt okay to hurt others" vs "we all are part of the same work system and are dependent upon one another, and if you do not hold up your end of the deal and do your work, you need to be replaced" . Recognizing that it is now the benefit of an entire group at stake, it becomes okay to inflict some amount of hurt on the slacker, via letting them go find a new job elsewhere.

^^my perspective of course.

(As for the thread, I think enfp-entp would be extremely difficult to maintain as people develop their tert functions. We both use our tert function as an immature defensive tool, which we each, mutually, find very disagreeable to be on the receiving end of. enormous amounts of communication and acceptance would be required)
    i so adore your willingness to break it down like that...i just don't have the patience..like ever...

and regarding the video...who's the enfp?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP

I know a few ENTPs. To be completely honest, I usually just want to sleep with them. Not sure why, could be their personalities, appearance, or both.