User Tag List

First 1656646566676876 Last

Thread: INTP Central

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Actually, when I look around the world, I see a cosmos exploding with interconnections between all parts of life, a huge system of beautiful intricacy that possesses order, yet incorporates chaos not as once.

It's as beautiful as watching supernovas explode, black holes whirling and swirling, the shifting of the tides, the interaction of the weather patterns, the underwater eddies of the ocean currents.

And then we drop into the complex dances of how people interact and function and careen off each other like billiard balls in new directions. Or the intricacy of the human body, that starts from one small zygote and differentiates in the quadrillions of specialized cells, each one knowing somehow how to function and where to place itself within the organism.

It's enough to take your breath away, when you finally see those intricate patterns all woven together.

(Toolbox, indeed.)

F is beautiful in its own right, but it focuses on other things.
    That writing is inspired and captures a sense of big picture analysis.

What would F focus on in its conception of how the universe works? (anyone may answer)

I don't think T is a toolbox (although someone might embrace that label), but I think people tend to draw a bigger circle around whatever they consider to be their functional preferences, and a small "other" circle around the opposite preference as a dumping ground for whatever is unimportant or uninteresting to that person. Reality and people's experiences tend to exist in that overlapping area that is claimed by both. The refusal to look at the other person and see the true size of their circle is where a lot of the stereotypes and distortions occur.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Please. We can easily describe all sorts of ugly in both T and F styles of behavior, and I know I've experienced lots of ugly views of reality from F types, so it looks to me like you're just expressing your own biases right now.

People are people. Some are screwed up.
    I am. And so do the others

That's all we ever do. You do know that mbti is junk, right? Fun. But still junk.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
    I am. And so do the others
    That's all we ever do. You do know that mbti is junk, right? Fun. But still junk.
    Again, your thorough and explicit analysis of whatever your laser-light insight focuses on dazzles me.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Again, your thorough and explicit analysis of whatever your laser-light insight focuses on dazzles me.
    It was just a stab at Haight and the emporium. For the delusion that he thinks he is an T and others F. I find it awfully funny.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

It was just a stab at Haight and the emporium. For the delusion that he thinks he is an T and others F. I find it awfully funny.
    He's pretty T, honestly... but he's never been the world's greatest type-ist, otherwise.

(besides, then he'd be Haighf, not Haight, and that just sounds kinda weird.)

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

He's pretty T, honestly... but he's never been the world's greatest type-ist, otherwise.

(besides, then he'd be Haighf, not Haight, and that just sounds kinda weird.)
    What's he like otherwise?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think he is definitely INTJ if for no other reason he has that wonderful understated humor that not everyone quite gets or is sure of if he's kidding or not...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

What's he like otherwise?
    Uh... I don't want to ruin the monstrous, dictatorial, soul-crushing image he's cultivated so carefully on the forum.

(Not without his explicit permission of course. Please, don't punish me, master!)

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I think he is definitely INTJ if for no other reason he has that wonderful understated humor that not everyone quite gets or is sure of if he's kidding or not...
    Then why does he run the INTP forum...lol - that's just too funny.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Then why does he run the INTP forum...lol - that's just too funny.
    Maybe because he classed himself as INTP when he first started out in typology?
    It's not that hard to figure out.

Now he's paying out of pocket for both forums. Yeah, he's a beast.