Thread: INTP Central

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    I think you might like this forum, Ming. It has more diversity and leans towards a more extroverted vibe than INTPc. I think you are rather funny and light-hearted in your evil schemes. Sometimes the wrong impression is given when someone joins INTPc and the response is "Go away, we don't want you, so join the loser forum TypologyCentral. It makes it seem like this place is a consolation prize, but it is a great place and overall more diverse.

Some online forums, especially the single type forums, are tight-knit social groups which have members who have been interacting for literally years - sometimes close to a decade. People form tight-knit groups in many environments and when that occurs there are many shared assumptions that become part of the foundation of all interactions and which are not continually re-examined. An outsider doesn't see this bedrock of social rules/assumptions and proceeds to question or act out of line with it. To those inside the group this appears either strange or stupid, etc. In order to fit into a tight-knit forum, a small town, a country church, or whatever, at first you have to pay attention to a myriad of rules and assumptions and learn to act within those boundaries. It's just the way people are. There are a few environments based on diversity, but they tend to be of a less personal nature.
    Your awesomeness. Is. Seriously. Awesome.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I still liked my picture of Ming-Ming -- I got three positive rep from it ... on a crotchety INTP site nonetheless!

Thanks, Ming!
    I actually have no idea what Ming Ming is?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

I logged in to see what the fuss was about, is that all. Ah well at least I finally said hi over there and I might post a bit. really the place hasn't chanced since I looked at it last, many years ago. astonished my account stayed active all this time.

Riva

INTPc is very very slow... Did anyone else notice this?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    That's why I was posting my ass off.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    That's why I was posting my ass off.

I like you Ming.
    Ps - why....did you get banned there?

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

yes, and most of them have huge sticks up their asses and the ones who don't are disliked by the humorless ones.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Its a form of territorial marking, when you antagonize the cultural traditions your in trouble. I think you shouldn't have tried to get cheeky with the clan leader Ming.

Yours is a simple example. Join the INTJ forum. I would love to see the outcome. Bring a bit of fun and flare, it is true when people are in their social shells colourful becomes extreme.

I should know I got banned once. looks around innocently, more intricate, for making comments about someone on my lj, mods reading it were unhappy and felt I should be temp ban. hahah. so yes if you stretch a cultural norm the outcome tends to be as it is.

Its ridiculous and you would think if they keep inactive accounts like mine for years that their tolerance threshold would be big but its not.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

I like you Ming.
    Ps - why....did you get banned there?
    1) Cause I was 'painfully stupid'.

2) Posted too much (I only did 20.)

3) Not an INTP

4) Tried to be me

That's about it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post

Its ridiculous and you would think if they keep inactive accounts like mine for years that their tolerance threshold would be big but its not.
    Lazy <> tolerant.
    They tolerate you quite well if you never say anything. But then much of the forum is out of bounds (post count restrictions everywhere). So they force you to post, then tell you to STFU and GTFO! Really, they should just make it a private forum and be done with it already. Although if they didn't have noobs to eviscerate, and then conduct post-mortems over, the traffic might stop completely.

Clan leader is about right. It's becoming more and more tribal as various cliques band together against each other. It's interesting to watch. Reminds me of Lord of the Flies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.