User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    INTx

Default How do NT women differ from NT men?

Aside from feeling alienated from the cultural stereotype of women, what, generally, do NT women do differently? (i.e. Are they more emotional, better at relationships, less agressive? Do they desire more to get married and have kids than their male counterparts? etc) This is something I've been interested in, but alas, I am the only NT female I know of IRL, and my view of myself is ultimately biased.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by centerofthesun View Post
    Aside from feeling alienated from the cultural stereotype of women, what, generally, do NT women do differently? (i.e. Are they more emotional, better at relationships, less agressive? Do they desire more to get married and have kids than their male counterparts? etc) This is something I've been interested in, but alas, I am the only NT female I know of IRL, and my view of myself is ultimately biased.
    We're HAWT!

1. Everything.
    2. No, No, Definitely not.
    3. No.

MBTI
    xxxx

We are awesome!

NT women learn to fake some F to survive in society and that helps us develop that function better (fake it till you make it). I think NT women are more balanced between their N and T function. NT men suppress their N more than NT women do, it's more acceptable for women to be intuitive or random, so the NT men end up relying on their T function making them more one dimensional.

The balance probably makes NT women better at relationships, unfortunately not many men want a relationship with an NT women, so getting into one is certainly not easier.

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    We are awesome!
    The balance probably makes NT women better
    exactly what I was going to say and in the exact same context too

jokes aside, NT women do bring about balance and they are more balanced too.
    The answer must be in the attempt
    avy url : natgeocreative Photo

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

We are awesome!
    True.
    NT women learn to fake some F to survive in society and that helps us develop that function better (fake it till you make it). I think NT women are more balanced between their N and T function. NT men suppress their N more than NT women do, it's more acceptable for women to be intuitive or random, so the NT men end up relying on their T function making them more one dimensional.

The balance probably makes NT women better at relationships,
    I don't agree. I know 4 or 5 NT men (for sure) IRL and all of them have better developed Fe than I do.

INTP men in particular are really quite fluffy, when it comes down to it.

I only know 1 NT woman, IRL - me. And I skew the sample, so it's hard to make judgments.

unfortunately not many men want a relationship with an NT women, so getting into one is certainly not easier.
    Speak for yourself! They're tripping over themselves for me!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

We are awesome! NT women learn to fake some F to survive in society and that helps us develop that function better (fake it till you make it). I think NT women are more balanced between their N and T function. NT men suppress their N more than NT women do, it's more acceptable for women to be intuitive or random, so the NT men end up relying on their T function making them more one dimensional.
    I generally agree with this, it's probably one of the factors. I do find NTJ women a lot harder (they seem to have far stronger opinions openly and aren't deterred by conflict) than NTP women, who come across as softer because they flex... which might make them seem more "female" in style, even if they aren't F inside.

The balance probably makes NT women better at relationships, unfortunately not many men want a relationship with an NT women, so getting into one is certainly not easier.
    Yeah, we're not foo-foo enough. Probably do not give enough strokes to the male ego, especially if undeserved; and being autonomous means we don't "create a space" for guys in the same way some women seem to play into.

Although I love letting 'em carry stuff for me.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post

I only know 1 NT woman, IRL - me. And I skew the sample, so it's hard to make judgments.
    The INTP men I've known weren't very fluffy, I'd describe them as emotionally stunted, lucky you. I usually only find Fe in ExFJ guys.

I skew the sample the other way.

MBTI
    intp

True.

I don't agree. I know 4 or 5 NT men (for sure) IRL and all of them have better developed Fe than I do.

Yeah.
    I'd say the difference is that the men don't get half as much flack for their NTness. On the contrary.

LOL. But are they the right ones? Do you want the spineless twits NT women too often have a knack for attracting? Those and the SJ-fascist types.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

That's because you shackled their ankles together!

INTP guys seem to be either fluffy (Ne focus) OR stiff (Ti focus).
    (There. I played the middle -- all bases covered!)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That's because you shackled their ankles together!
    And she keeps them in the dungeon.