First 910111213 Last

Thread: Meeting ENFPs

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    nothing. although I am sensing a bit of defensiveness. relax.
    That wasn't defensiveness, that was curiosity.

I like to verify whether or not the people I'm speaking to have the mind to take people for what they are instead of what others have told them to think.

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

Sorry, the way I worded that was pretty incoherent.

I mean that DJ has insights about ENFPs that are true for him, but they aren't necessarily universal truth, or don't match up with other people's conclusions.

That doesn't make them less true, just means you guys should all try to find some common ground on this. Otherwise we're just beating a dead horse at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    That wasn't defensiveness, that was curiosity.

I like to verify whether or not the people I'm speaking to have the mind to take people for what they are instead of what others have told them to think.
    No one has told me what to think of you. I can come to my own conclusions. I've noticed others seem annoyed with you. I'm not yet prepared to make a judgement and will do so in my own time.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

No one has told me what to think of you. I can come to my own conclusions. I've noticed others seem annoyed with you. I'm not yet prepared to make a judgement and will do so in my own time.
    not the answer I was looking for but ok. I was more curious as to what kind of stereotypes ESTP's hold in your eyes.

as for universal truth... we're talking about a pseudo science. The only "difference in truths" I can see being valid are the subjective opinions of personality types.

Where one person views an ESTP as a shining beacon of light, another sees them as grotesque monsters. Is that what you're talking about? I don't understand what "multiple truths" means.

There can only be one!

not the answer I was looking for but ok. I was more curious as to what kind of stereotypes ESTP's hold in your eyes.
    I've never professed to be an expert or know that much about types and I've spent less time reading about ESTPs than I've spent on some of the other types. My general idea of them is that they are enterprising "people persons" who tend to function well in administrative roles.

as for universal truth... we're talking about a pseudo science. The only "difference in truths" I can see being valid are the subjective opinions of personality types.

Where one person views an ESTP as a shining beacon of light, another sees them as grotesque monsters. Is that what you're talking about? I don't understand what "multiple truths" means.
    I didn't mean to imply that there are universal truths regarding typology. I think there are multiple truths to be found. There is truth in what you say, but there is just as much truth to be found in what your dissenters are saying

There can only be one!
    if I didn't know better, I'd read that as something an SJ might say LOL

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I've never professed to be an expert or know that much about types and I've spent less time reading about ESTPs than I've spent on some of the other types. My general idea of them is that they are enterprising "people persons" who tend to function well in administrative roles.
    *spits coffee*

You must be thinking about ESTJ's.

If by "administrative" you actually meant "rape and pillaging" then yes.

Makes sense now. I can see why and ESTP might clash with NF types. NFs like to leave things a little open, not form concrete and final judgements, whereas it might be more in your nature to seek final, unalterable proof and answers. Am I right?

Stansmith

*spits coffee*

You must be thinking about ESTJ's.

If by "administrative" you actually meant "rape and pillaging" then yes.
    My dad's (probably) an ESTJ. You can imagine how that went for me growing up as a daydreaming, wussy INFP.

But I think ESTPs and ESTJs are both well suited for management roles, so long as they are willing to remain open to others' suggestions and needs.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Makes sense now. I can see why and ESTP might clash with NF types. NFs like to leave things a little open, not form concrete and final judgements, whereas it might be more in your nature to seek final, unalterable proof and answers. Am I right?
    Yes.