MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    One question.

Do you ever feel a "duty" to make Ts around to feel something in that moment?

If some SFs want to answer this question they are free to do so.
    Everyone understands situations differently. The feeling that Ts receive is still an emotion even if it is indifference or pity. Saying that they are devoid of feeling doesn't really do the T types justice in my opinion. Even though some my try there best to push this out of their lives I suspect.

So to answer your question...No , they already do.
    "That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty, even if they're not much to look at, or even if they're sort of stupid, you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are. Girls. Jesus Christ. They can drive you crazy. They really can."

Quote Originally Posted by SpottingTrains View Post
    Everyone understands situations differently. The feeling that Ts receive is still an emotion even if it is indifference or pity. Saying that they are devoid of feeling doesn't really do the T types justice in my opinion. Even though some my try there best to push this out of their lives I suspect.

So to answer your question...No , they already do.
    You are right.

But I was asking about displays of Fe.
    To be specific.

MBTI
    yupp

One question.

If some SFs want to answer this question they are free to do so.
    no fuck the Ts if someone doesn't want to feel something, why should I care? PS that wasn't passive agressive, i mean why should I care? I shouldn't my life isn't going to be affected by their emotional state. or lack there of, which I'd rather be around someone who didn't have many emotions then someone who has too many.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

One question.

No. I don't like to "make" anyone do anything because I don't appreciate it when someone tries to force me to do something, overtly or covertly. Like when someone says "Smile!" or "Cheer up!"...No.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE

You are right.

But I was asking about displays of Fe.
    To be specific.
    In that case no. I already know that they are feeling something , whether they wish to show it or not is their call. I don't feel the need to push them to divulge whatever they are experiencing but I will remain open.
    "That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty, even if they're not much to look at, or even if they're sort of stupid, you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are. Girls. Jesus Christ. They can drive you crazy. They really can."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Everytime someone tries to post on these boards about "no emotions" or "logic" I almost believe it. Until I spend time thinking about real people. No one I know in real life fits these "only make choices logically" things. That isn't even logical.

Probably the closest to "non emotional looking like he has some emotional problems" would be my brother (ISTP), and I've even seen him react in a feeling way.

I think NF's can take things personally and end up pitying themselves because of it. I do know INFP's who get that way and I do want to hit them with a 2x4. They also can have a depth of caring other people don't.

I really don't get the OP. Always the same questions phrased in different ways. Doesn't seem very logical to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Everytime someone tries to post on these boards about "no emotions" or "logic" I almost believe it. Until I spend time thinking about real people. No one I know in real life fits these "only make choices logically" things. That isn't even logical.

Probably the closest to "non emotional looking like he has some emotional problems" would be my brother (ISTP), and I've even seen him react in a feeling way.

I think NF's can take things personally and end up pitying themselves because of it. I do know INFP's who get that way and I do want to hit them with a 2x4. They also can have a depth of caring other people don't.

I think you are overlooking one detail.

People who tend to make logical conclusions in a large percetage are often very unsocial as well. So your chances to come across one of them are not too big. Plus once you actually find him/her they will mask themselves to better fit in socialy (since that is logical in most cases)

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I think we're too quick to slap "negative" and "positive" labels on things that are pretty subjective and situational.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think you are overlooking one detail.

People who tend to make logical conclusions in a large percetage are often very unsocial as well. So your chances to come across one of them are not too big. Plus once you actually find him/her they will mask themselves to better fit in socialy (since that is logical in most cases)
    Actually, that's not true.

It's often more logical to be social, so that you can build connections to people that you can use as resources to accomplish logical goals. In other words, because of the way society is set up, it's actually very logical to use people/socializing as a means to an end.

Also, I'm rather unsocial myself, and certainly not logical. I spend most of my time indoors on the computer. When I do go outside, I usually try to hurry between one point and the next, maybe burying my face in a book or something so no one tries to interact with me. I do it because I'm afraid of people and don't trust them.

In other words, I don't see any connection between being logical, and being unsocial. If you think there is, you're assuming a world with I_T_s and E_F_s, and neglecting I_F_s and E_T_s.

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Actually, that's not true.

It's often more logical to be social, so that you can build connections to people that you can use as resources to accomplish logical goals. In other words, because of the way society is set up, it's actually very logical to use people/socializing as a means to an end.

Also, I'm rather unsocial myself, and certainly not logical. I spend most of my time indoors on the computer. When I do go outside, I usually try to hurry between one point and the next, maybe burying my face in a book or something so no one tries to interact with me. I do it because I'm afraid of people and don't trust them.

In other words, I don't see any connection between being logical, and being unsocial. If you think there is, you're assuming a world with I_T_s and E_F_s, and neglecting I_F_s and E_T_s.
    Well, when I said unsocial I wasn't saying 100% unsocial.

For exmple: the category of people known as scientist.
    Most of them are quite unsocial. Since they are INTs by a large degree.
    Most scientific carrers by definition don't allow you to be too social.

But the ability of those people to make logical conclusions is above average.

I have always looked at extroversion as a copy/paste mechanism.
    I understand that things are not that much black and white but my thinking goes in this direction.

Modern science is extremly complex and if you don't invest decades in education you can't be on the "frontline".

Only if you distance youself enough you will see that many things that are promoted as logical are not that much logical.

If we presume that there is right and wrong.