User Tag List

First 242505152535462 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ

51 pages??? wasn't this topic made yesterday?

MBTI
    INFP

Welcome to the internet.

MBTI
    INTP

Ha yeah, its called skillz. I wonder what the hell you would talk about for that long though...
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    ESTJ

I think captain chick is just popular

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I was raised by a family that I *think* are all Fi dominant (some are for certain), and I test rather high on that function (likely as a result). Certain differences come out during conflict. Fi is empathetic, but from a specific vantage point. It seems to have a somewhat constructed concept of the subjective world with strong opinions about it. It has arrived at certain conclusions that fit its model. The empathy is quite strong for those things that fit into its model, but for those things that fall outside, there can be breaks in the empathy. I think the difficulty in describing Fi results from the way a subjective model of the world is constructed based on so much nuance and those things which defy measurement. Fi can produce some of the gentlest, kindest people, but these are sometimes people for whom admitting a flaw or some way in which they have not measured up to their ideal is especially traumatic. When something conflicts with that model of the world it is sometimes emotionally necessary for Fi to lash out.

edit: Maybe I should ask: I understand that F and T dominants are considered the "rationalists" with constructed inner world views while N and S are the irrationalists with a less structured inner world. Is this correct? if not then my Fi bit would apply more to Ni I think. I'm actually a little confused on the subject not being certain if I am Fi or Ni dominant myself, but noting a difference in the way myself and some of the people close to me structure their inner worlds.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

that sounds about right toonia...from my experience anyway and not at all fun to admit...but yep

MBTI
    INTP

It's interesting and amusing seeing how passionate some people with Fi can be. It seems like it would be to draining to maintain that, does it fluctuate a lot or is it pretty steady. Do you constantly sort of adjust your internal emotional state according to whats going on externally or is it more calm and controlled internally until something notable occurs externally.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    It's interesting and amusing seeing how passionate some people with Fi can be. It seems like it would be to draining to maintain that, does it fluctuate a lot or is it pretty steady. Do you constantly sort of adjust your internal emotional state according to whats going on externally or is it more calm and controlled internally until something notable occurs externally.
    i operate at zen level most the time... haha...unless i come across something or someone especially inspiring...then it all kinda bubbles over and my emotional energy runs really high...if that makes any sense

MBTI
    INTP

hmm.. yeah

Do certain seemingly simple things sometimes elicit really complex and deep emotions in you. Like maybe seeing animals or just something that reminds you of something that was emotionally significant. Like when you meet new people and you see there little mannerism's, actions, words do they elicit deeper and more intricate things in you that aren't immediately observable to others.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

whoa...this is weird...haha...i've never thought about this stuff...but yeah...i think so...i think i gather a whole lot from facial expression...eyes...body language...tone...i almost actually feel like i can hear their thought process...sometimes even the self correcting that people do...which sounds bizarre...and i'm sure it's not actually audible...just the feeling behind them...i'm sure i sound like a nutjob for that but...i don't know how else to describe it.