AD INFINITUM
    and beyond rationale
    I N V I C T U S

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Still here, still witnessing, and feeling sadly disappointed.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Still here, still witnessing, and feeling sadly disappointed.
    thats one exemplar of Fi
    Fe would depart (see infp or infj sight ), and probably wouldn't express what it was feeling, but the thread.....i think
    I N V I C T U S

Dali

Fi... I don't know... I suppose it's what makes me refuse to litter... or to remove dangerous things I see (glass shards, banana peels...etc) from pedestrian walkways. I don't do it because I should do it. I do it because something in me feels violated when I don't.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Mo_(operalover) View Post
    Fi... I don't know... I suppose it's what makes me refuse to litter... or to remove dangerous things I see (glass shards, banana peels...etc) from pedestrian walkways. I don't do it because I should do it. I do it because something in me feels violated when I don't.
    from trent reznor - Fi user
    " I'm sick of hearing about the haves and the have not's.
    Have some personal accountability. " - Capital G
    I N V I C T U S

Jack and Nocap, what the fuck? You two have to be the least rational and least objective NTs on this forum and have demonstrated that perfectly in this thread. I'm completely mind-boggled by some of the things you guys have said. You two should be embarrased..

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    Jack and Nocap, what the fuck? You two have to be the least rational and least objective NTs on this forum and have demonstrated that perfectly in this thread. I'm completely mind-boggled by some of the things you guys have said. You two should be embarrased..
    NO U

MBTI
    INFP

Please forgive me for not reading the +10 pages before this post, I apologize if this post is a re-tread on topic already touched upon.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    In this case you have used Thinking to explain your behavior. It was not just Feeling.
    Yes, you're right here. I used Thinking as a tool to explain Introverted Feeling, but the process described is still undoubtedly Introverted Feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    A more adequate way of putting it is that the thoughts of the Introverted Feeler (Introverted Feeling has no thoughts, though an Introverted Feeling person does have thoughts because he also has a Thinking function) are not clearly expressed, as most of us tend not to be overtly expressive of our inferior function. For this reason, in some cases legitimate justifications for behavior of the Introverted Feeler are not noticed.
    Okay, this argument finally makes sense now. The reason that we have a disagreement is because you think Fi is an emotion, and I think that Fi is acting upon that said emotion.

Here's the problem though. Introverted Feeling acts upon values. These values are wrought from emotion. The reason that XXFP's are emotional in the manner you describe is because the manner in which Fi works is basically akin to emotionally blackmailing yourself (think about how I would have felt if I didn't go to my grandmother's funeral). Thus, after us XXFP's have had our hearts crushed in several times we learn that it might be better for us if we heed this emotion and as time goes on we may even trust our emotions as a compass to make decisions. Out of these emotions, we form values that we live by and the process that we use to decide if the importance of the value is greater than the importance of logic is Introverted Feeling.

I'm also going to close with some food-for-thought in the form of an excerpt of a list from a book where Thinkers and Feelers are being explained in a form of contrasting bullet points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Do What You Are by Paul D. Tieger and Barbra Barron Tieger
    Thinkers
    • Believe feelings are valid only if they are logical

Feelers
    • Believe any feeling is valid, whether it makes sense or not
    Would you kindly read my signature?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    NO U

But really, are you being serious in those posts? I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here.. are you just instigating drama for entertainment or something? Just trying to see what reactions you can conjure up? I'm just really, really hoping you weren't putting forth those statements seriously..

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    But really, are you being serious in those posts? I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here.. are you just instigating drama for entertainment or something? Just trying to see what reactions you can conjure up? I'm just really, really hoping you weren't putting forth those statements seriously..
    Show me the statements, and I'll tell you.