• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Final Fantasy XV

Rouskyrie

My thoughts so far:

Noctis - INFP 3w4.
Ignis - IXTJ 6w5.
Prompto - ESFP 7w6.
Gladiolus - ISTP 8w9.

Rouskyrie

What makes you think Noctis is INFP?

Honestly? It was merely a first impression, based solely on the vibe I got from him. I like to make first impressions, then prove them correct or wrong later, depending on new information as the story progresses.

PalebloodHunter

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Honestly? It was merely a first impression, based solely on the vibe I got from him. I like to make first impressions, then prove them correct or wrong later, depending on new information as the story progresses.

Fair enough. How far have you played the game? I do believe that Noctis' personality is an amalgam of his companions' strongest traits. He's a little too angsty in the beginning for an INFP (could be an unhealthy one). But he grows into a vastly different character as the game progresses.

Rouskyrie

Fair enough. How far have you played the game? I do believe that Noctis' personality is an amalgam of his companions' strongest traits. He's a little too angsty in the beginning for an INFP (could be an unhealthy one). But he grows into a vastly different character as the game progresses.

I haven't had much time to play, so I'm still on chapter one. I could see that. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the change take place.

PalebloodHunter

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Ignis is the most well-developed and healthy of whatever type he fits in. Which is why most others respect his opinion. Like that *SPOILER* Train scene where Gladiolus flips out on Noctis. he only calms down when Ignis tells him so. *SPOILERS* He might seem like he takes a backseat to rest of the characters. But he's the one they always turn to.

I also really appreciate your insight as to how Noctis' upbringing gave him no need to develop his Te. As a writer, this is all valuable information to me :). I'd like it if you can in-depth explain things for other characters too. Or atleast your favourite ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

Secret Squirrel

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
True. Ignis is the most well-developed and healthy of whatever type he fits in. Which is why most others respect his opinion. Like that *SPOILER* Train scene where Gladiolus flips out on Noctis. he only calms down when Ignis tells him so. *SPOILERS* He might seem like he takes a backseat to rest of the characters. But he's the one they always turn to.

I also really appreciate your insight as to how Noctis' upbringing gave him no need to develop his Te. As a writer, this is all valuable information to me :). I'd like it if you can in-depth explain things for other characters too. Or atleast your favourite ones.

Thanks and I would be happy to help give insight to your writing! I am by no means a typology expert, but I am learning more all the time. One quick warning though, if you make more characters with imbalanced functions like Noctis, people will mistype them all throughout the internet lol. (I was actually surprised by how many people think he is ISFP/INFP. There was only like one person I saw say INTJ. Instead, most everyone thinks Ignis is the INTJ! Si users can be smart too!)

And about Ignis, I do think he is ESTJ. I just decided to keep it open because of how balanced his functions are. ExTJs usually look more introverted than other extroverts too. Also, I see a stronger Ne than Fi in him(he makes some pretty good speculations, once he has gathered evidence with his Si, of course. And shows creativity with things like his libra elementia technique/cooking)

It's interesting that you mentioned this though because I just recently thought about what I want to get into as a career. I am thinking of possibly going into type theory. Maybe even following up on Dario Nardi's work. Also ENTPs and INTJs are supposed to be power pairs in business due to complementary skills. So this might work out really well for your writing.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Noctis: INTJ in an Ni-Fi loop indeed. Also has poor Fe, which explains the conflict between himself and Gladio (tert Fe)
Prompt: ENFP
Ignis: ESTJ, maybe.
Gladio: ESTP
Ardyn: ENFJ
Iris: ESFP
Luna: INFJ
Nyx (Kingsglaive protagonist): ISTP

Secret Squirrel

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Noctis: INTJ in an Ni-Fi loop indeed. Also has poor Fe, which explains the conflict between himself and Gladio (tert Fe)
Prompt: ENFP
Ignis: ESTJ, maybe.
Gladio: ESTP
Ardyn: ENFJ
Iris: ESFP
Luna: INFJ
Nyx (Kingsglaive protagonist): ISTP

Interesting, you think Ardyn is ENFJ. It's definitely possible, never actually considered it. If he is, guess that explains why he was such a good villain.

Thanks for adding Nyx by the way. I completely forgot about him. ISTP definitely fits.