User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Mark Twain

  1. #11
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    Mark Twain might be an ENTP, but Dickens is the Fi ENFP man, all of his books are loaded with value type undertones. Either way, I have a hard time believing an ENP is able to finish anything they start to save their lives. Especially a project as long as a book.

    Anyway, we will let them slide as they seem to fit the stereotype.
    Could Dickens perhaps be INFP then?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  2. #12
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dynamiteninja View Post
    Writing fiction and science are not the ENFPs strongest points. You'd find a hell of a lot of INTPs pursue a philosophy or science career, and not so many take up acting or singing for example. Types all have stronger biases and weaker biases.

    Also, you have some of the best writers in your category; Charlotte Bronte, Pushkin and Ralph Waldo Emerson. You're not exactly short-changed (unlike the ESTJs).

    Dickens is ENTP.
    Hahaha ESTJs are too busy writing bureaucracy manuals.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  3. #13
    DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    Hype
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    agreed, Twain = ENTP

  4. #14
    Senior Member Grayscale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    istp
    Posts
    1,962

    Default

    nonsense, mark twain is an istp. and for that matter, so is abraham lincoln, mother teresa, and evil kenievel.

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dynamiteninja View Post
    Writing fiction and science are not the ENFPs strongest points.
    It's news to me that ENFPs are weak in these areas. How did you decide that? You'll find both of them on the suggested jobs list for ENFP.

    Most ENFPs on here have writing in their first few interests. Most ENFPs are also very adept at science. And from memory, I saw somewhere that ENFPs were most common in the top intelligence bracket (being one of the more common N types). So why would creative abstract systems thinkers who are interested in writing and science, and in the top intelligence bracket, not be on the lists? I always figured it was the list makers not knowing their types, and thinking writing = 'I', science = 'NT'.

    Lots of people still confuse us with ESFPs and think we are primarily performers.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

  6. #16
    Broud Balestinian G-Virus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    2
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    672

    Default

    Lol, I love this crap.

    Dickens is ENTP because you say dynamite? Read more about who he is and read his books and what they talk about. They are too feely gushy with the values and morals and whats right and wrong. Also, he was a huge advocate of the underdogs because of who he was.

    Sounds very Fi to me.

    @ simulated, he could have been anything with a developed Fi ==> INFP, ENFP, INTJ, etc . . . The question here is, why am I not assuming he's a sensor, is it just intuitor bias?
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

    "If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

  7. #17
    Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    Lol, I love this crap.

    Dickens is ENTP because you say dynamite?
    I think that typing comes from Keirsey actually.

    Actually I see ENFP now.
    4w5 sp

  8. #18
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Sorry people but Twain's an ENFP. His mottos are the epitome of ENFPness.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    I don't know if he was ENTP, but he didn't have to get drunk in order socialize, so he certainly wasn't INTP.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  10. #20
    Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Sorry people but Twain's an ENFP. His mottos are the epitome of ENFPness.
    I didn't know ENFPs would stuff a load af bees in a friends bed for a joke...seems more an ENTP thing...
    4w5 sp

Similar Threads

  1. Mark Twain's New Book
    By chooi in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-31-2010, 01:29 AM
  2. X Marks the Spot
    By Mermaid in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-03-2008, 01:45 AM
  3. Design a new punctuation mark?!
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 10:38 PM
  4. More by Mark Osborne
    By Ender in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-11-2008, 11:55 PM
  5. A bad mark!
    By Magic Poriferan in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-18-2007, 03:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO