User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Malcolm X

I think you all are too quick to label anyone with an intellectual bent an NT or NF. I'm of the mind that would say our types manifest earlier, rather than later in life. He was a highschool dropout, organized robbery and prostitution rings, and finally spent 10 years in prison for armed robbery. Do you have any friends in prison? I do. They're are all booksmart too now.

It reminds me of another conversation I had on another site, where someone wanted to argue that the actor Danny Trejo was an NF, because he was nice in interviews and lended his hand to humanitarian causes. But the guy was a former prisoner himself, at San Quentin, and had undergone a lot of changes. Spending time locked in one room kind of does that to most people.

Anyways, carry on.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I think you all are too quick to label anyone with an intellectual bent an NT or NF. I'm of the mind that would say our types manifest earlier, rather than later in life. He was a highschool dropout, organized robbery and prostitution rings, and finally spent 10 years in prison for armed robbery. Do you have any friends in prison? I do. They're are all booksmart too now.

It reminds me of another conversation I had on another site, where someone wanted to argue that the actor Danny Trejo was an NF, because he was nice in interviews and lended his hand to humanitarian causes. But the guy was a former prisoner himself, at San Quentin, and had undergone a lot of changes. Spending time locked in one room kind of does that to most people.

Anyways, carry on.
    Well, I can't say much about Danny Trejo because I don't know about him, so I don't know what type he is, but a lot of Artisans, I think, devote themselves to humanitarian causes to make themselves look good.

I still don't believe that everyone who has done time is an Artisan, though. But like I said, I don't know much about Danny Trejo.

In the case of Malcolm X, I say he was a stone-cold Artisan who eventually transcended his natural tendencies by becoming wiser through exposure, as all types and temperaments can become.

I don't necessarily mean people who do time, but people who lived impulsively and carelessly (especially into their 20s), and became serious criminals enough to be called career criminals. NT wouldn't be my first choice at least. If he was, he was applying himself in a unique way.

MBTI
    ERTP

ENTP
    best collection of philosopher typings online

http://www.celebritytypes.com/philosophers/

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I don't necessarily mean people who do time, but people who lived impulsively and carelessly (especially into their 20s), and became serious criminals enough to be called career criminals. NT wouldn't be my first choice at least. If he was, he was applying himself in a unique way.

I think he's an N because his speeches present a generalized idea, He doesn't emphasize one important detail, then the next. Instead he draws the big picture and then backs it up. Winston Churchill is a good example of an S dominant figure, he moves from point to point and describes each one in detail.
    5 3 9

Sniffles

I don't see INFJ, but I could believe ENTP.

BLCK

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

What? He strikes me as ENTJ.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

A window to the soul

BLCK ENTJ