User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Thread: Oprah Winfrey

Skylights: There is no doubt she is NF.
    “Sheldon considers human beings as they really are - psycho-physical wholes.”

“the first serious advance of the science of man since Aristotle”

“For the first time the old insights and intuitions about the different kinds of human beings have been clarified and put on a firmly objective and measurable basis.”
    ___“Aldous Huxley/ A Biography” Sybille Bedford, 1974

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Default Oprah Winfrey

I have this media mogul as a 3w2 So/Sp ENFJ. Anyone agree?

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud of Thunder View Post
    I agree on ENFJ, and being social Dom. I could also see so/sx in that she is very intense in some of her interviews. I'm terrible on enneagram so no comment from me on there.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

ESFJ or ESTJ for the love of God.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Methinks E_FJ 3w2....

Why is ES_J so obvious?

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud of Thunder View Post
    I think So/Sx, but other than that, yes
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

ENFJ 3w4 So/Sx. Anyone who've seen her in the color purple or listen her express her onviction can't ignore her dramatic actress and vision oriented quality, her personlity style is "The Professional" more than "The Seducer" (3w2). She's very engaged in one-to-one relationships (So/Sx) and don't play the bon samaritain like 3w2s, her emotions are more complex.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    ESFJ or ESTJ for the love of God.
    She is not Te at all. (see: dr Phil)

why do you think she's esfj? Or is this one of those "I'm sick of everyone thinking someone super successful had to be an N?" things?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

This could be personal type bias but I'd say she's way too quick to hop onto the conspiracy theory bandwagon (e.g. The Secret) to be an ESFJ. Not that ESFJs wouldn't do that, but I don't think I've ever seen Si-skepticism in Oprah before. Or really, any kind of skepticism. She just enthusiastically accepts any ideas that come her way.

Could she be an ENFP?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    She is not Te at all. (see: dr Phil)

why do you think she's esfj? Or is this one of those "I'm sick of everyone thinking someone super successful had to be an N?" things?
    Yeah, I lean more strongly towards ESFJ than ESTJ (because she seems to thrive on Fe), but I see nothing but ESxJ in her. She was known for being an over-achieving, hard-working, hyper-involved child with a knack for public speaking. She has even said herself that she attributes her success to early ambition and a belief in hard work and dilligence. Moreover, she is quite infamous for her nit-picking, detail-mongering ways (as well as for her megalomania, but I don't think that's type-related.)

All of this taken together points way more to ESFJ than ENFJ. Unless of course you think that her belief in some conspiracy theories or the character she played in The Color Purple are more typologically relevant than the things I listed. Oh, and before anyone does it, I'll just go ahead and say that if you attempt to say that the characteristics I listed in favor of ESFJ can be equally applied to ENFJ, then you are guilty (as many on this site are) of stealing the standout traits of SJs and giving them to Ns for no other reason than that you are stubbornly stuck, for whatever fucked-up reason, on calling her an N.

For the record, I do not type people based on some sort of sensor quota system. If it seems that way, it's simply because there is, not a tendency, but more like a rule in this subforum that everybody is a goddamn N of some sort. You'd think that, given the accepted statistical proportions of types ("SJs rule the world, boo fucking hoo me"), someone will have noticed the ridiculousness of this behavior. And, admittedly, many have noticed, but the rule remains. I type Ns as Ns when they display characteristics of their type. It's much more work (and much more confusing, not to mention theoretically scattered and inconsistent) to rationalize someone's type using stupid little meaningless details. That's when I know it's become less about discovering someone's actual type and more about rationalizing one's own type because they want to be N (they think, "well if I'm an INFP and I have these traits, and person X also has these traits, then person X must be INFP too. She can't be ISFJ, because then that might mean I'm ISFJ, and that's simply not possible.)
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness